PDA

View Full Version : Complaint About Doragon Koden


Spark910
06-23-2002, 01:58 AM
Ok I was talking to staff and this is what I picked up about it:

1.) Manager is never on
2.) No updaes happen much
3.) Admins Never On

Ok well this server COULD be good if givin then chance, But if the Manager and Admins never come on rest of staff cant do anything without them, I think its maybe a time for Manger Swapping? I think it needs New Mangement to get it back on its feet, it hasnt had updates for the 1Year i have had P2p, well not big worth while ones, I think some of the LAT (Only Staff I Have Seen) shoudl be thought about to be handed Managment .....

thesaiyan
06-23-2002, 02:00 AM
I went on there once for a little bit.

But I never see anyone on that server.

--The Wizard

Spark910
06-23-2002, 02:02 AM
Its because of NO Updates, Someone needs to SORT it out BIG time, some good staff with Ideas on there...

Lao_Su2
06-23-2002, 02:49 AM
Like OMFG just chill if you would have read in other posts he is waiting to get the new ******* so that he can do some more stufff

konidias
06-23-2002, 02:53 AM
Gyoshi has admitted that he's not getting much work done, but he said it was due to lack of staff help or something... Kind of like the same boat that Faheria is in? I'm not certain though.

I think it's BS that people can vote the manager out of their position just because they don't like the way the pw is managed. If anyone ever tried taking over my playerworld I would have them assasinated.

I think it should be up to the manager as to what happens with the pw. If the manager doesn't do anything and sits around, and doesn't intend on improving the pw, then perhaps you should tell Stefan to consider taking it down. But this whole "manager swapping" thing is starting to get out of hand.

Pretty soon people will just start making things up about a pw owner so they can get them removed from management. :(

Faheria_LAT3
06-23-2002, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Gyoshi has admitted that he's not getting much work done, but he said it was due to lack of staff help or something... Kind of like the same boat that Faheria is in? I'm not certain though.


What are you talking about? Faheria has a nice-sized staff and we're getting lots of work done. We just don't like to give away all our ideas in 341342413 posts like you.

konidias
06-23-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT3


What are you talking about? Faheria has a nice-sized staff and we're getting lots of work done. We just don't like to give away all our ideas in 341342413 posts like you.

Just a while ago you were saying that you didn't have enough staff or something to get any work done. You've been working over a year with no sign of progress, and the last time I heard, that was the reason. If you're getting lots of work done, why is Faheria still not ready to be played after over a year of development?

Faheria_LAT3
06-23-2002, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by konidias


Just a while ago you were saying that you didn't have enough staff or something to get any work done. You've been working over a year with no sign of progress, and the last time I heard, that was the reason. If you're getting lots of work done, why is Faheria still not ready to be played after over a year of development?

Because we recently switched to a 3d map to enhance the gameplay experience. It opens up way more possibilities. The Faheria staff consists of:

Falados - scripting, does a little bit of everything else from time to time
TB3 - scripting
Kawaiisaria - graphics
Gonmon - graphics
Deek - graphics
Mmmmkay - graphics
Myself - levels
Keith - music

Faheria will be released when it's around 80% complete, Faheria is a huge world, there will tons of stuff to do when it comes out, lots of graphics need to be made, scripts, etc. It's not like Graal2002, we aren't releasing it with little bits to do and just add onto it.

konidias
06-23-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT3


Because we recently switched to a 3d map to enhance the gameplay experience. It opens up way more possibilities. The Faheria staff consists of:

Falados - scripting, does a little bit of everything else from time to time
TB3 - scripting
Kawaiisaria - graphics
Gonmon - graphics
Deek - graphics
Mmmmkay - graphics
Myself - levels
Keith - music

Faheria will be released when it's around 80% complete, Faheria is a huge world, there will tons of stuff to do when it comes out, lots of graphics need to be made, scripts, etc. It's not like Graal2002, we aren't releasing it with little bits to do and just add onto it.

Oh alright then, sorry for that misunderstanding. I could have sworn that you said that also.

Xbob42
06-23-2002, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by konidias
I think it's BS that people can vote the manager out of their position just because they don't like the way the pw is managed. If anyone ever tried taking over my playerworld I would have them assasinated.


Is that true that if the staff votes to have the playerworld manager to be removed that the PW Manager will get removed for real?

konidias
06-23-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Xbob42


Is that true that if the staff votes to have the playerworld manager to be removed that the PW Manager will get removed for real?

Obviously it's been happening.. just look at Maloria. The manager seems to have unknowingly lost his position as manager. I don't think any reason is good enough to replace the manager of the server, unless the manager agrees to it. Lot's of people (such as sg111 and crew) don't like how Graal is managed but you don't see Stefan and Unixmad being replaced..

Xbob42
06-23-2002, 07:02 AM
Yeah but SG111 and his crew was mostly players with just a few staff people that was against corruption. When HR was put out there to resolve issues it seems as though nothing ever got done and/or players opinions really didn't matter. I left from posting over there after I realized that SG111 and almost his entire crew and including other visitors was pretty much full of it with what they were really trying to achieve.

I heard about this thing about people trying to get managers fired over on N-Pulse when Sage Chaozu was encouraging someone to start a petition. No one did since no staff wanted the manager position. Luckily they don't have someone in high ranking staff thats power hungry.

Milkdude99
06-23-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Xbob42
Yeah but SG111 and his crew was mostly players with just a few staff people that was against corruption. When HR was put out there to resolve issues it seems as though nothing ever got done and/or players opinions really didn't matter. I left from posting over there after I realized that SG111 and almost his entire crew and including other visitors was pretty much full of it with what they were really trying to achieve.

I heard about this thing about people trying to get managers fired over on N-Pulse when Sage Chaozu was encouraging someone to start a petition. No one did since no staff wanted the manager position. Luckily they don't have someone in high ranking staff thats power hungry. You guys really need to get your facts straight on things and quit using rumors and bullshit for your facts......:rolleyes: We have never been in danger of being removed and why? because we follow Graal rules and Sage has never started a petition to do anything like that or have someone else do it.... getting a petition to have a Manager removed because a group of who may not like them will not get them removed unless this person is not following Graal rules as a little group on Npulse found out the hard way....

PresidentRufusShinra
06-23-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by thesaiyan
I went on there once for a little bit.

But I never see anyone on that server.

--The Wizard

mastervampire
06-23-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
You guys really need to get your facts straight on things and quit using rumors and bullshit for your facts......:rolleyes: We have never been in danger of being removed and why? because we follow Graal rules and Sage has never started a petition to do anything like that or have someone else do it.... getting a petition to have a Manager removed because a group of who may not like them will not get them removed unless this person is not following Graal rules as a little group on Npulse found out the hard way....

Get a life *******, Graal is for teenagers, not old men, go home paedophile.

-Brett

G_yoshi
06-23-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Spark910
Ok I was talking to staff and this is what I picked up about it:

1.) Manager is never on
2.) No updaes happen much
3.) Admins Never On

Ok well this server COULD be good if givin then chance, But if the Manager and Admins never come on rest of staff cant do anything without them, I think its maybe a time for Manger Swapping? I think it needs New Mangement to get it back on its feet, it hasnt had updates for the 1Year i have had P2p, well not big worth while ones, I think some of the LAT (Only Staff I Have Seen) shoudl be thought about to be handed Managment .....

May I please kill you? Since when am I supposed to burn myself out on my PW? I have something called a life and a job. :p I can't sit here and force myself to work if I'm not interested at the time. And as Konidias said (thank you very much Koni :)) I don't have a lot of staff...or those that I have do not do very much.

And I've already said it before, that if I should go or lose control of my PW, then it is to be removed :) But since neither of these two (2) events have happened...it's staying.

Cid_Night
06-23-2002, 11:26 PM
Stefan and UM could wear mini skirts and dance around while singing songs in german and french then at the end it goes to a black screen and says...

"GRAAL...IS IT IN YOU!?"

hahahahahahhahaha omg...yes! sorry, just a bit of comic relief from this very serious thread...hahahahahha*breath*hahahahhaa

Sir_Gareth
06-23-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi


May I please kill you? Since when am I supposed to burn myself out on my PW? I have something called a life and a job. :p I can't sit here and force myself to work if I'm not interested at the time. And as Konidias said (thank you very much Koni :)) I don't have a lot of staff...or those that I have do not do very much.

And I've already said it before, that if I should go or lose control of my PW, then it is to be removed :) But since neither of these two (2) events have happened...it's staying.

Remove it its like a burden on your back

G_yoshi
06-24-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Sir_Gareth


Remove it its like a burden on your back

Burden? What are you talking about :confused: If it were a "burden" I would have gotten rid of it long ago :p

Seriously, though, I really am trying to get work done...also, please consider the fact that I'm working on a 3D map...uploading the levels does me no good because I do not have the special GServer that utilizes the NPC commands and stuff for 3D terrain :p

I have so many ideas but it's for me to actually bring them into reality because of my NPC skills...they aren't the best, but they also aren't the worst :) I really wish I could get someone as talented as Kaimetsu or Konidias to help me with NPCs :D

G_yoshi
06-24-2002, 11:47 AM
Also, I would like to reiterate that I'm not a PW "manager", I'm a PW Owner :)

Dustey4Ever
06-24-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Gyoshi has admitted that he's not getting much work done, but he said it was due to lack of staff help or something... Kind of like the same boat that Faheria is in? I'm not certain though.

I think it's BS that people can vote the manager out of their position just because they don't like the way the pw is managed. If anyone ever tried taking over my playerworld I would have them assasinated.

I think it should be up to the manager as to what happens with the pw. If the manager doesn't do anything and sits around, and doesn't intend on improving the pw, then perhaps you should tell Stefan to consider taking it down. But this whole "manager swapping" thing is starting to get out of hand.


Dustey:
Hey for once i agree with you, keep up the good work heh:D

G_yoshi
06-24-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Dustey4Ever

Dustey:
Hey for once i agree with you, keep up the good work heh:D

Heh, don't worry...if I get "voted" out guess what will happen? All of my PW goes into the trash along with me :) I'll immediately stop work on it, and will probably leave Graal (and probably make some people happy in the process :p)...however, I may stay just to disturb those that wish to spite me :D

Personally, I really don't want to leave or discontinue working on my PW...it is important to me and I want to accomplish the goals and tasks I've set out to do. It may be a while, but I hope that once I get about 70%-80% of the new overworld done, I can re-submit it and get approval for the fancy new server :)

Dustey4Ever
06-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi
Personally, I really don't want to leave or discontinue working on my PW...it is important to me and I want to accomplish the goals and tasks I've set out to do. It may be a while, but I hope that once I get about 70%-80% of the new overworld done, I can re-submit it and get approval for the fancy new server :)
Dustey:
Sounds cool but will you beable to show results inawhile? Thats the big question.

Personally i think if a owner or someone doesnt do anything and they dont have a "good" excuse they should have to choices, to "retire" and give it to somebody, or have there server taken down and nobody else will gain ownership. Flat out straight

nyghtGT
06-24-2002, 02:11 PM
Ideas...

FINISH YOUR SERVERS 100% (not 60, 70, or 80%) 100!!!

ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED THAT THEN YOU CAN START TO THINK ABOUT THE 3D ****!!!

DON'T JUST MAKE IT AN EXCUSE FOR YOU TO STAY UP LONGER WITH LESS CONTENT!!!

G_yoshi
06-25-2002, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by nyghtGT
Ideas...

FINISH YOUR SERVERS 100% (not 60, 70, or 80%) 100!!!

ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED THAT THEN YOU CAN START TO THINK ABOUT THE 3D ****!!!

DON'T JUST MAKE IT AN EXCUSE FOR YOU TO STAY UP LONGER WITH LESS CONTENT!!!

Please shut your mouth for a second there :p I've already started work on my new overworld and have been at it for quite some time. 3D terrain is a lot different than the flat levels everyone normally plays on. As far as being 70%-80% done that would include only NPCs which require the special server. I've absolutely no way to test online them yet! However, if you want to help me reach my goals quicker, then by all means help :)

draygin
06-25-2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by mastervampire


Get a life *******, Graal is for teenagers, not old men, go home paedophile.

-Brett

Can we say mature? Who says Graal is just for teens thats the stupidest thing I"ve ever heard. Only reason more older people dont play is because of **** ups like you attacking them. What just because they're older they shouldnt be allowed to play something they like? I recall meeting alot of people on Classic who where older most of them lied about there age so they wouldnt be attacked by little twits like you. One very good friend of mine I found out a year after I knew her that she was like 53. :megaeek: Who cares they're playing a game not going around trying to cyber with every one. The one who needs to get a life is you attacking people because they do what they enjoy doing regarldess of what the little twits like your self think.

G_yoshi
06-25-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Dustey4Ever

Dustey:
Sounds cool but will you beable to show results inawhile? Thats the big question.

Personally i think if a owner or someone doesnt do anything and they dont have a "good" excuse they should have to choices, to "retire" and give it to somebody, or have there server taken down and nobody else will gain ownership. Flat out straight

"good" is too broad and is a subjective term :p

konidias
06-25-2002, 04:38 AM
noooo I hate 3-D terrain on Graal.. why is every server I had high hopes for, switching to 3-D terrain?! Faheria and Doragon Koden were two of the pw's I was looking forward to, now they have to go and use the crappy 3-D terrain. :(

G_yoshi
06-25-2002, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by konidias
noooo I hate 3-D terrain on Graal.. why is every server I had high hopes for, switching to 3-D terrain?! Faheria and Doragon Koden were two of the pw's I was looking forward to, now they have to go and use the crappy 3-D terrain. :(

Um, its not crappy, its good...there is so much potential for it that you simply cannot do with the flat levels :p If Stefan would add a few more terrain manipulating commands, it probably would be possible to make the terrain literally ripple as if someone used a quake spell :eek:

konidias
06-25-2002, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by G_yoshi


Um, its not crappy, its good...there is so much potential for it that you simply cannot do with the flat levels :p If Stefan would add a few more terrain manipulating commands, it probably would be possible to make the terrain literally ripple as if someone used a quake spell :eek:

I don't like it :( I love the 2-D aspect of Graal.. I don't like how it's jumping to 3-D. I don't see anything in the 3-D land that shows potential. It's annoying, it's ugly, and it ruins the 2-D level tiling. I don't see how you could possibly use it in a good way.

warp2ukew
06-25-2002, 05:10 AM
I like both terrains. but make sure if oyu use 3d terrain you game doesnt end up like runescape (runescape.com) I mean there GFX are good with the 3d but controls suck and its kind of blurry

G_yoshi
06-26-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by konidias


I don't like it :( I love the 2-D aspect of Graal.. I don't like how it's jumping to 3-D. I don't see anything in the 3-D land that shows potential. It's annoying, it's ugly, and it ruins the 2-D level tiling. I don't see how you could possibly use it in a good way.

If you would stop looking at it with disgust then you might understand. You are being too close-minded and are not exploring all possibilities and aspects :p Yes, flat levels are nice, but you can only do so much. On Graal's 3D terrain, you can do a lot of the same things on flat levels...the only draw back is that there are no blocking tiles; those are created by NPCs. Of course, inside levels are flat :p so you kinda get the best of both worlds.

oh, and check this out...did it up in Milkshape 3D then made a gif with 4 frames :D

konidias
06-26-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by G_yoshi


If you would stop looking at it with disgust then you might understand. You are being too close-minded and are not exploring all possibilities and aspects :p Yes, flat levels are nice, but you can only do so much. On Graal's 3D terrain, you can do a lot of the same things on flat levels...the only draw back is that there are no blocking tiles; those are created by NPCs. Of course, inside levels are flat :p so you kinda get the best of both worlds.

oh, and check this out...did it up in Milkshape 3D then made a gif with 4 frames :D

Name some good points to having 3-D terrain. I can tell you about 20 different reasons why 3-D terrain is bad on Graal.

G_yoshi
06-26-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by konidias


Name some good points to having 3-D terrain. I can tell you about 20 different reasons why 3-D terrain is bad on Graal.

Bleh...what does it matter? Even if I posted 100^100 you'd still whine that it's worse than flat levels :p

I like 3D terrain because it's something different, not normal, inconsistent with the rest of Graal :) The hardest part I would have to say is lining up my walls for castles. But other than that, its not a real problem since nothing is perfect! At least give me a chance here :p I never said I'm going to do a lot of the same things as Graal2002 did I? I may be using 3D terrain, but I have my own ideas and methods :)

konidias
06-26-2002, 10:46 AM
Yes I know you probably won't be doing it the same way.. but still. :(

Here are some reasons why the 3-D land bites big wind:

1. You can't have tiled solid objects.
2. Many of your graphics have to be predefined, limiting variety.
3. Big solid npc objects are awkward and make the game have an amateur feel.
4. The terrain is aggravating to walk on.
5. All your stuff has to be images, and it doubles the lag (look at 2k2)
6. Annoying bugs such as coming out of the water and floating in the air.
7. Shooting things just to have the landscape interfere with it, even though it wasn't anywhere near the land. (arrows not going anywhere ie. 2k2)
8. Everything has to use lame checkered black shadows.
9. There is absolutely nothing useful about it whatsoever
10. You have to block off mountains and things with stupid npcs because players can run right up them, unlike tiles cliffs, where the player has to navigate through a path.
11. None of the tiling on the 3-D land LOOKS 3-D.
12. Levels are awful and thrown together because they no longer require much tiling.

The only thing it's good for is looking good from a distance. That's all. :(

G_yoshi
06-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Yes I know you probably won't be doing it the same way.. but still. :(

Here are some reasons why the 3-D land bites big wind:

1. You can't have tiled solid objects.
2. Many of your graphics have to be predefined, limiting variety.
3. Big solid npc objects are awkward and make the game have an amateur feel.
4. The terrain is aggravating to walk on.
5. All your stuff has to be images, and it doubles the lag (look at 2k2)
6. Annoying bugs such as coming out of the water and floating in the air.
7. Shooting things just to have the landscape interfere with it, even though it wasn't anywhere near the land. (arrows not going anywhere ie. 2k2)
8. Everything has to use lame checkered black shadows.
9. There is absolutely nothing useful about it whatsoever
10. You have to block off mountains and things with stupid npcs because players can run right up them, unlike tiles cliffs, where the player has to navigate through a path.
11. None of the tiling on the 3-D land LOOKS 3-D.
12. Levels are awful and thrown together because they no longer require much tiling.

The only thing it's good for is looking good from a distance. That's all. :(

*sees pesimest written all over Koni's face* :)

konidias
06-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by G_yoshi


*sees pesimest written all over Koni's face* :)

I'm just saying I would have much rather seen Doragon Koden without the 3-D land. But I'm not the one that makes that decision.

I'm not being a pesimest, I'm just pointing out the obvious flaws with using 3-D terrain. I still haven't heard any valid reasons why it's good to use.