PDA

View Full Version : New PW. Chronic Dreams.


zallus-k
06-22-2002, 10:39 AM
Ya, I'm creating a new PW, Chronic Dreams, and it'll be quite different. I'm not going so say that it's better than anything else, because that would make me sound pretty stupid, but it IS pretty good.

Now, the main concept in this game is dimensional travel. You go to a building, some sort of Transmitter Station, and they put you in a machine. Then, you input a number, on a range like 99999.9, and it transports you there. No, there won't be 99999.9 (x10) dimensions, that's the trick. Every dimension contains it's own map, with the home map located on 50000.0. There will be quite a feq plot-important dimensions, but anyone that has a good enough levelset can apply for their own frequency, on which they will maintain a pseudo "Chaos Continuum style" subPW.

Then, there's the main plot. Here, this is the main intro on onlinestartlocal (could use some fixing up):

Once, in a land, existing outside the bounds of time and space, there happenned an event of such great magnitude that all the universe shook. Elwood Cestari Quazar, last of all Krasinar, was born. Elwood would be the one unto which the elders, the ones who knew the secrets of the universe, would show their most secret techniques, their way of controlling the fate of all things. By the time Elwood grew to sixteen, he was so powerful that no one could control him any longer, and he destroyed the elders. He decided, that with his newly found powers, he would be the one to claim ownership of the universe itself. He was unstoppable.

Humans. A very ignorant race. But these would be the ones to stand against Quazar, and all his power. When Quazar first beckoned his power throughout the universe, human kind did not yet exist. Where the Earth now stands, there was only a cloud of gas. But Quazar did something very idiotic then, by creating a star there. Yes, he was the one to start off humans to their final destiny. But, as he did not yet know this, he left the Earth unchecked. Big mistake.

You are part of an elite fighting force, specifically chosen to destroy Quazar. You have been equipped with special armourment, designed to remove this universal threat. But, there are a few consequences which must be realized. You see, Quazar exists without time, or space. He cannot be found simply somewhere. He did exist at the time and place when he formed our Sun, but destroying him then would mean eradicating all human life. A portal did used to exist, a way to transport outside of the Continuum, but it was in the ancient tome that the elders posessed, and that is now destroyed... or is it?


Also, this PW is actually having a "planning stage", so no content has been created.

Now, to the question: Staff join now? We need anything you can think of, as this project will be HUGE.

Dustey4Ever
06-22-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by zallus-k
Now, to the question: Staff join now? We need anything you can think of, as this project will be HUGE.

Thats the problem =\ most people wont work unless there is already some content on the server *remind you i say most*

Zolrieg
06-22-2002, 10:47 AM
I don't know if you know this, but chronic is also a type of weed. Heh.

- Kasuagi

zallus-k
06-22-2002, 10:56 AM
So?

Chronic Dreams.

chron·ic Pronunciation Key (krnk)
adj.
1. Of long duration; continuing: chronic money problems.
2. Lasting for a long period of time or marked by frequent recurrence, as certain diseases: chronic colitis.
3. Subject to a habit or pattern of behavior for a long time: a chronic liar.

dream Pronunciation Key (drm)
n.
1. A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring 2. involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.
3. A daydream; a reverie.
4. A state of abstraction; a trance.
5. A wild fancy or hope.
6. A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration: a dream of owning their own business.
6. One that is exceptionally gratifying, excellent, or beautiful: Our new car runs like a dream.

Bow, both are in the first tense of the word. I'm not explaining any further into the title, as it is a MAJOR plot point.

Beachbum
06-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by zallus-k

Now, the main concept in this game is dimensional travel. You go to a building, some sort of Transmitter Station, and they put you in a machine. Then, you input a number, on a range like 99999.9, and it transports you there. No, there won't be 99999.9 (x10) dimensions, that's the trick. Every dimension contains it's own map, with the home map located on 50000.0.....blah blah blah..



Doesnt some aspects of that seem like it's taken from that movie "The One", staring Jet Li? or am i going crazy...

zallus-k
06-22-2002, 11:03 AM
Never watched it. What's it about?

Jinx
06-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by zallus-k
Never watched it.

-Jinx

Beachbum
06-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Is not totally the same thing, but has the same aspects of it..."we" found a way to "jump" to other universes (i think there are 153 total) and each universe is just like the next, but with a few changes (ie: Gore for president instead of Bush) and there are different versions of us on each too (ie: your *** in one or in prison, etc..)... you warp to other universes by sitting on this chair and someone in the next room selects the coordinates....
You gotta see it! its pretty sick!

oh and the story is about a guy (Jet Li) who finds an easier way to warp to the other universes, and he kills the other version of himself, which somehow makes him stronger with each version of him he kills (ie: he can pick up motorcycles, jump high, run supper fast)....i dun wanna give away too much so ill stop now...

Zolrieg
06-22-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by zallus-k
So?

Chronic Dreams.

chron·ic Pronunciation Key (krnk)
adj.
1. Of long duration; continuing: chronic money problems.
2. Lasting for a long period of time or marked by frequent recurrence, as certain diseases: chronic colitis.
3. Subject to a habit or pattern of behavior for a long time: a chronic liar.

dream Pronunciation Key (drm)
n.
1. A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring 2. involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.
3. A daydream; a reverie.
4. A state of abstraction; a trance.
5. A wild fancy or hope.
6. A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration: a dream of owning their own business.
6. One that is exceptionally gratifying, excellent, or beautiful: Our new car runs like a dream.

Bow, both are in the first tense of the word. I'm not explaining any further into the title, as it is a MAJOR plot point.

Well, you know how Stefan is. Graal doesn't want to get sued again, geez.

zallus-k
06-22-2002, 11:43 AM
Sued again?

Well, one method of transport is relatively the same. But, the universes aren't similar in any fashion. Oh, and I forgot to mention, if you input a frequency that dosen't have any plane associated, there are no safeties. It'll put you in a sort of "Interdimensional Vortex", a place existing outside the 27 dimensional layers. Also, all jailed people go there, but they have no way to leave. You do, by using the Portal Ring. It basically randomly teleports you to any outdoor level, any x/y, on any frequency.

Also, I forgot to mention. As an RP server, there's a little anti-pking method that's quite effective. Once you die three times, (plus applicable enchanted spells'/items' effects), you are teleported to an pseudo-afterlife. There are two ways out:
1. A Psionist must go to a graveyard, to your grave, and perform a complex ritual, spending all their mind power, and one of their lives.
2. You can choose to destroy your character, and go back to the character generation screens.

konidias
06-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Beachbum
Is not totally the same thing, but has the same aspects of it..."we" found a way to "jump" to other universes (i think there are 153 total) and each universe is just like the next, but with a few changes (ie: Gore for president instead of Bush) and there are different versions of us on each too (ie: your *** in one or in prison, etc..)... you warp to other universes by sitting on this chair and someone in the next room selects the coordinates....
You gotta see it! its pretty sick!

oh and the story is about a guy (Jet Li) who finds an easier way to warp to the other universes, and he kills the other version of himself, which somehow makes him stronger with each version of him he kills (ie: he can pick up motorcycles, jump high, run supper fast)....i dun wanna give away too much so ill stop now...

The reason he gets stronger is because the energy of the 153 or whatever versions of him are spread out, and when he kills a version of himself, that energy is transferred to the remaining survivors. It might sound like it makes no sense since most people would say "why aren't old people like super strong then?" It's because the guy was killing himself, the other versions of himself didn't die naturally or die from something else. They died because he killed them. Kinda like a snake that kills the prey and then consumes it. :cool:

royce
06-22-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by zallus-k
Never watched it. What's it about?
Wow Dude. I love your sig, how did you make it? That is 13373R than ratz on crack!

zallus-k
06-22-2002, 01:35 PM
With the power of super sarcasm! "This is a good sig!" *ZZAP*
No, just five different layer effects and some dull backgrounds.

Uhh, I think yours is the better of the two, though.

royce
06-22-2002, 02:29 PM
I hope you know I was being sarcastic, your sig is cheezy, could be cheezier but I think I would pass.

zallus-k
06-23-2002, 05:03 AM
Yes. "Ultimate Cheese - Your Only Friend."

I know you were, I made that in 3 seconds, while I was posting.

ottoxero
06-23-2002, 05:14 AM
sounds like "sliders" each world is slightly differnt....

Cid_Night
06-23-2002, 12:55 PM
Sounds like the Michael Chrichton book "Timeline" where theres the multiverse and every one is different by one different choice made by one different organism on earth, like if you decided to brush your teeth one morning or not...so there are infinite numbers of universes....but i think thats also a real scientific theory