PDA

View Full Version : The Official Kingdoms history

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
06-19-2002, 02:46 AM
We need a consistent version of the history of RP'ing on Graal 2001. This means the origins of the four kingdoms, their leaders, the conflicts, the wars, the peace treaties, everything. It helps a lot, especially when kingdoms fight over things of the past. I think it would also be fun to make. Anyone interested?

DarkHero2002
06-19-2002, 03:20 AM
Kiirar:
That would be a good thing to see.

Aestus
06-19-2002, 04:25 AM
That's only a small part of a much larger project that would be infinitely more valuable to the roleplaying community --- an official roleplaying history of the whole of 2k2, and a detailed set on RP rules and regulations. Get rid of the contradictions in everyone's roleplaying history, and prevent people from making characters like Gryffon Durime. I planned on making a post similar to this in the next few day, but it would appear you have beaten me to it. ;)

ghostsamurai
06-19-2002, 04:34 AM
luckily, Karakaze was made to fit in with Dustari and Samurai, we came about during a Karakaze campaign against the Samurai, they burned down a small villiage called Hananoki, and the survivors became nomads, and then Sisok and a few Dustari exiles joined up with them to form the Troupe :)

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
06-19-2002, 07:28 AM
Personally, I am more interested in the wars and relations between kingdoms over the past. You'd be surprised how many times we refer to wars that have been long gone.

Take for example a recent debate over Zormite. Some say Dustari ruined Zormite, others said they killed them. Wouldn't it be nice to have a timeline or a set of facts that we could look at to analyze this?

Aestus
06-19-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Personally, I am more interested in the wars and relations between kingdoms over the past. You'd be surprised how many times we refer to wars that have been long gone.

Take for example a recent debate over Zormite. Some say Dustari ruined Zormite, others said they killed them. Wouldn't it be nice to have a timeline or a set of facts that we could look at to analyze this?

I'm not denying it would be useful, but it's rather odd for a supposed "RPG" to have no real guidelines. All we need is basic informations on the world and its history, character regulations, et cetera. Making a kingdom history would not be terribly difficult, and it would be a shame if this type of project ended when it had only just begun.

feivel
06-21-2002, 04:32 AM
Now why would you go and do something like that (burn down a Samurai village) lol.

Anyway I would type up some Samurai history but im too lazy right now, I can right a detailed description but it takes forever.

draygin
06-21-2002, 04:45 AM
I dont think 2k2 history and 2k1 history should be related at all. I think it should start from scratch. I mean doin the same exact thing just moving it to another server would get boring I think. =\ With different names etc... It would mean whole new RP's

TrueHeaT
06-21-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by draygin
I dont think 2k2 history and 2k1 history should be related at all. I think it should start from scratch. I mean doin the same exact thing just moving it to another server would get boring I think. =\ With different names etc... It would mean whole new RP's

I agree 900%

leimoubai2002
06-21-2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT

I agree 900%
I agree 901% :o

draygin
06-21-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT

I agree 900%

Also by moving all of the 2k1 RP stuff it leaves nothing for 2k1 to rp with. I mean come on two different servers with the same exact kingdoms. Basically 2k2 is screwing 2k1 over by having all of 2k1's RP kingdoms etc... It should be seperate giving people a wider variety to choose from on what to do. Not the same exact things on the only 2 p2p servers.

ghostsamurai
06-21-2002, 05:30 AM
I agree 900% x 1000.

I want to be able to keep rping on 2k1 without having to move to 2k2, and I dont want all of the other kingdoms leaving, too :(

vovavziggy
06-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I'm sure everyone will have fun writing up the history of RP'ing in a game where little characters run around and swing their swords. Woo.

Spanko
07-09-2002, 11:01 PM
Asuka am god!

Googi
07-10-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by draygin

Also by moving all of the 2k1 RP stuff it leaves nothing for 2k1 to rp with. I mean come on two different servers with the same exact kingdoms. Basically 2k2 is screwing 2k1 over by having all of 2k1's RP kingdoms etc... It should be seperate giving people a wider variety to choose from on what to do. Not the same exact things on the only 2 p2p servers.

Well, 2K1 has Karakaze Troupe, Bomy Gang and Knights of Solomon.

Spanko
07-10-2002, 04:19 AM
I could give a history of how kingdoms began but i'm too lazy at the moment. You could ask THT, Vermy, or Hiryuu. They know it for the most part,

ZanderX
07-10-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Spanko
I could give a history of how kingdoms began but i'm too lazy at the moment. You could ask THT, Vermy, or Hiryuu. They know it for the most part,

From the old Commitee?

Spanko
07-10-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

From the old Commitee?

W00t w00t RPINC RPINC :)

Hiyoshi
07-14-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Aestus
That's only a small part of a much larger project that would be infinitely more valuable to the roleplaying community --- an official roleplaying history of the whole of 2k2, and a detailed set on RP rules and regulations. Get rid of the contradictions in everyone's roleplaying history, and prevent people from making characters like Gryffon Durime. I planned on making a post similar to this in the next few day, but it would appear you have beaten me to it. ;)

Like I predicted when 2k2 was first released...everyone's gonna play it, and find it sooooo much fun, but sooner or later they're gonna get bored and flock back to 2k1...it happened the first time, it'll happen again.

Fidel Castro
07-15-2002, 05:47 AM
I know the history of rping since the forming of "Medieval" to May 2002. No one would let me in Roleplaying Inc. and Asuka wouldn't let me in Medieval, but Hiryuu let me in Zormite :cool: