PDA

View Full Version : Peta 2002

Hilton
06-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Killing animals is wrong, especially to produce weapons that will only make it easier to kill other animals.

You people are unsavory beasts, and you kiss your mother with that mouth.

BlKnight
06-17-2002, 10:40 AM
OMG

1. Do you really think killing animals on games will make people want to go out and shoot animals with a shotgun?

2. Killing animals is wrong even if you are in the medival era and you are starving and they are abotu as likely to kill you as you kill them?

Ghost Pirate
06-17-2002, 10:46 AM
Its part of the food chain

I AM BIGGER THAN YOU...
I'M HIGHER IN THE FOOD CHAIN!
GET
IN
MY
BELLY!

Juron Pilo
06-17-2002, 11:35 AM
I don't think we can survive off just plants ok? bye

TheFrozenFiend
06-17-2002, 10:59 PM
Animal killing has been added?

haunter
06-18-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by TheFrozenFiend
Animal killing has been added?

Cool, Let's go shoot a helpless bunny rabbit!

Dustey4Ever
06-18-2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate

I AM BIGGER THAN YOU...
GET
IN
MY
BELLY!

same

cshank4
06-18-2002, 04:21 AM

I AM BIGGER THAN YOU...
GET
IN
MY
BELLY!
HELLZ YA!

Falcor
06-18-2002, 04:43 AM
wow, animal rights activists on graal is a first. You mean its wrong to kill the lesser species? If deer were higher in the dood chair they would do the same thing don't you think? Besides, this is a friggen computer game, I could maybe understand this being real life, but it is graal.

konidias
06-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Falcor
wow, animal rights activists on graal is a first. You mean its wrong to kill the lesser species? If deer were higher in the dood chair they would do the same thing don't you think? Besides, this is a friggen computer game, I could maybe understand this being real life, but it is graal.

dood chair? :p

I don't get why it's so incredibly awful to have hunting or drinking and stuff on Graal. Look at Harvest Moon, that game is rated E for everyone or something, and you can drink in the game and build up a tolerance to alcohol so you can beat people in drinking contests. I don't see how hunting (as long as it's not violent and bloody) is going to be bad in Graal.

ZanderX
06-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Juron Pilo
I don't think we can survive off just plants ok? bye

But we can.

Ghost Pirate
06-18-2002, 03:43 PM
There should be alcohol tolerance in Graal >=)

We pirates would have the highest alcohol tolerance >=)

Pir
06-18-2002, 11:02 PM
well, we will have huntain, before we got the new bodies and formast and stuff we had a shop where you turned fur into hats and stuff. and we got rid of the drinking thing to :-P

Pir
06-18-2002, 11:04 PM

in one of the towns on the main island, i put a pub in it with a bunch of drunk pirates snoozing around :0 lol

Hilton
06-19-2002, 03:45 AM
nerds

Aestus
06-20-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

But we can.

But we're not intended to, by nature. Humans are carnivores, and we have the teeth to prove it.

haunter
06-20-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Aestus

But we're not intended to, by nature. Humans are carnivores, and we have the teeth to prove it.

Humans are not carnivores, humans are omnivores *****.

ZanderX
06-20-2002, 08:24 AM

Omnivores, actually. :)

Ghost Pirate
06-20-2002, 08:55 AM
Nature gave us a seletion of what kind of food we can eat

thats why we have flat ridgid teeth not pointed or plain flat teeth

Neonight
06-21-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

But we can.

Where would you get your protein? Beans and nuts alone won't give you protein. Without meat, you couldn't walk around on the server without being fatigued even with nothing... No swords, no shields, etc.

haunter
06-21-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Neonight

Where would you get your protein? Beans and nuts alone won't give you protein. Without meat, you couldn't walk around on the server without being fatigued even with nothing... No swords, no shields, etc.

What, you think all the vegitarians (sp) in the world all die after a couple months? No, there are other ways of getting protien without meat.

Hilton
06-21-2002, 02:46 AM
I'm a vitamin man myself

Mman
06-21-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by haunter

What, you think all the vegitarians (sp) in the world all die after a couple months? No, there are other ways of getting protien without meat.

The ratio of protien in a vegitarian's diet compared to a non-vegitarian's diet is about 1-5059287263478962. Very few can be healthy by eating all vegitables and no meat.

Tyhm
06-21-2002, 04:22 AM
I'm going to have to side with the PROFESSIONAL DIETICIANS on this one - you can in fact get enough protein on a meatless diet, PROVIDED you pay attention to what you eat. You have to eat like an assload of asparagus and stuff to stay healthy. A jellybean and veggiewhopper diet won't cut it, nor will a steak and more steak diet.

BlKnight
06-21-2002, 05:00 AM
Steak is meat Tyhm........also why don't you pro-vegetarian no eatign meat people go argue this in the real world where it can make a difference not the internet with .gif cows and pigs.

haunter
06-21-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
Steak is meat Tyhm........also why don't you pro-vegetarian no eatign meat people go argue this in the real world where it can make a difference not the internet with .gif cows and pigs.

We're not pro-vegitarian non meat eating people (well at least im not) we're just people who aren't complete *****s, who are stating plain facts.

Aestus
06-21-2002, 08:34 AM

Humans are not carnivores, humans are omnivores *****.

I'm so sorry, I'll be sure to never make a typo again, lest my intelligence be insulted by those with minds so greatly superior to my own.

BlKnight
06-21-2002, 08:45 AM
It wasn't a typo. A typo is where you are trying to type the right words spelled properly but screw up. Not spelling it wrong of your own accord or in yoru case using the wrong word.

It was a "mistake".

Aestus
06-21-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
It wasn't a typo. A typo is where you are trying to type the right words spelled properly but screw up. Not spelling it wrong of your own accord or in yoru case using the wrong word.

It was a "mistake".

Sorry, haven't completely picked up on all of the internet jargon, as the message boards I typically visit don't use it. Regardless, was it really worth making an entire post about?

BlKnight
06-21-2002, 10:08 AM
I am pretty sure I felt some ammusement posting that at the time.

Neonight
06-21-2002, 11:33 PM

I did not say they would die, but you don't see eggs or nuts on Graal2002, do you? Vegetarians are weaker than people who eat both veggies and meat. It's a proven fact, which is why they don't encourage teenagers to become vegetarians. It's so they can get protein and vitamins before they stop growing, making them stronger. That's also why they encourage kids to get more calcium, because it won't help as much as it would if they're drinking milk, etc. when they're 40. :rolleyes:

haunter
06-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Neonight

I did not say they would die, but you don't see eggs or nuts on Graal2002, do you? Vegetarians are weaker than people who eat both veggies and meat. It's a proven fact, which is why they don't encourage teenagers to become vegetarians. It's so they can get protein and vitamins before they stop growing, making them stronger. That's also why they encourage kids to get more calcium, because it won't help as much as it would if they're drinking milk, etc. when they're 40. :rolleyes:

Well you didn't see zepplins on G2k2 a couple weeks ago did you? That doesn't mean they weren't coming. And there ARE protein suppliments... SUPPLIMENTS!

Neonight
06-22-2002, 12:08 AM

Well you didn't see zepplins on G2k2 a couple weeks ago did you? That doesn't mean they weren't coming. And there ARE protein suppliments... SUPPLIMENTS!

Zepplins are powered by feet, and I'm sure they're not going to put up vehicles or protein suppliments anytime soon. I'd say, if you don't like the hunting, just leave. That's like saying "ONO IMA TREEHUGGA PLZ TAEK DOWN LUMBARJEKCIN." They're not going to do it, simply because they put work in it. It's not like you see tons and tons of blood, is it? It's legal to kill animals for food (and just for fun, but that's frowned upon) so I do not see what the big question here is. It's either play with it or leave.

Tyhm
06-22-2002, 12:11 AM
I assume hunting and eating meat will be optional activities, possibly as an alternative to farming. You can make a scythe and plant corn, or you can take your bow and shoot deer. Neither one's necessarily better than the other, you end up with food either way.

magicbud3344
06-29-2002, 09:45 AM

A Karakaze could out drink you any day!

Juron Pilo
06-29-2002, 04:30 PM
um guys? my original point(I would use contention but I really didn't advance that point too far and according to this dictionaries defintion...) was that we couldn't grow enough vegitables to feed an entirely vegitarian population... heh

Hilton
06-30-2002, 07:11 AM
Let's all laugh at Geno for thinking I was being serious

konidias
06-30-2002, 02:29 PM
Humans aren't really carnivores OR omnivores.. we eat both meat and vegetable.

That is why we have flat teeth in back, and smaller sharper teeth towards the front. If we only ate vegetables, all of our teeth would be flat, but we DO have pointy teeth.

I see nothing wrong with killing a lesser animal, especially if you're going to use every part of the animal. Use the meat for food, bones for tools, skins for clothing, etc.

I don't understand why it's okay to kill pigs, but not okay to kill a domestic animal. Pigs can be smarter than dogs, but I bet if you went and slaughtered a dog, you would be going to jail. Does that make any sense? Can I just go to the pound and get a animal to kill and eat? Is that legal? Why don't they have dog burgers? Cat nuggets?

We eat eggs, which are chicken embryos.. why can't I order a bacon, cat embryo, and cheese biscuit from burger king? Why only chicken embryo? :p

Aestus
06-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by konidias
Humans aren't really carnivores OR omnivores.. we eat both meat and vegetable.

Um. An omnivore is an animal that eats both meat and plants. I think the word you were looking for is herbivore.

kevy
07-01-2002, 02:41 AM
rofl someone needs to watch less land before time :p

konidias
07-01-2002, 09:48 AM

Um. An omnivore is an animal that eats both meat and plants. I think the word you were looking for is herbivore.

Yeah, whoops. :cool:

Falcor
07-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Uhg can we leave this sad thread die? We all know that 1 computer animal rights activists won't stop killing animals on graal. Excuse me while I whip out my bow and head over to 2k2. :D

Aestus
07-01-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by kevy
rofl someone needs to watch less land before time :p

Who and what the hell are you talking about?

Hilton
07-02-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Falcor
Uhg can we leave this sad thread die? We all know that 1 computer animal rights activists won't stop killing animals on graal. Excuse me while I whip out my bow and head over to 2k2. :D

How impressionable you are

magicbud3344
07-08-2002, 05:41 PM
u = ***** :)

Prez56
07-09-2002, 02:35 AM
lol

bigkow44
07-11-2002, 11:41 AM
So the thread creator is vegetarian or something?