PDA

View Full Version : Some new ideas to check out.....

BlKnight
06-17-2002, 07:18 AM
First of all......sleeping bags. Right now when you turn off graal and restart you get all your endurance restored. How about, when you turn it off you need a special item called a sleeping bag to do so. If you turn it off without a sleeping bag, the next time you log on you appear normally but with the endurance you left off with. But it you DO have a sleeping bag, the next time you log on it shows you folding away the sleeping bag, and you egt all your endurance restored. It doesn't have to be a modern sleeping bag, maybe just rags, or for samurai those straw mats. Also just so you don't just make it once and get it forever, there should be a 5% chance that your bag will be eaten by animals/stolen/carried off by the wind and then you must get a new one.

Also poisons. Killing animals or finding herbs that can be made ina special place into poisons (maybe you'd need a bottle to store it). Different poisons have different effects. I suggest you can only use them for daggers and arrows. Not swords.

Manbane Toxen=The next hit with the weapon does quadrouple the damage.

Parylizing Venom=The next hit with your weapon deals nromal damage but drains the victims endurance to 0.

Tyhm
06-17-2002, 09:50 AM
Dunno about the endurance thing in general. Seems people could just relog to get out of sticky situations.

Pir
06-17-2002, 11:11 AM
er, i dont like the sleeping bag log off thing. i didnt read the rest, when i feel my post count needs a new digit i might.

i dont like it because its too much like everquest. and plus, whats to stop people from pressing F8

TheFrozenFiend
06-17-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Pir

and plus, whats to stop people from pressing F8

Cut off their hands?

BlKnight
06-18-2002, 12:06 AM
I get it, if it's been in ff we can't have it. Might as well get rid of swords and daggers and alot of other things. After sll who cares if it's realistic its been in ff.

Pir
06-18-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
I get it, if it's been in ff we can't have it. Might as well get rid of swords and daggers and alot of other things. After sll who cares if it's realistic its been in ff.

what?

alls i said is i didnt like the idea because it was to much like everquest and people can press the button F8 to re log off and on? who said anything about final fantasy

BlKnight
06-18-2002, 04:48 AM
Sorry maybe I didn't quite read your post thoroughly. And I mean surely there is a way to make it so there is a different effect if there is a certain flag or whatever attached to the player that he has a certain item. Whatever I know nothing about graal scripting let alone anything greater. Honestly, I couldn't script a door that openes and closes.

I got this account from a friend who left, and if there are no updates soon I might get rid of it as well.

Pir
06-18-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
Sorry maybe I didn't quite read your post thoroughly. And I mean surely there is a way to make it so there is a different effect if there is a certain flag or whatever attached to the player that he has a certain item. Whatever I know nothing about graal scripting let alone anything greater. Honestly, I couldn't script a door that openes and closes.

I got this account from a friend who left, and if there are no updates soon I might get rid of it as well.

dont do that :-(

we are working as hard as we can, which involves a lot of waiting

adam
06-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Pir

dont do that :-(

we are working as hard as we can, which involves a lot of waiting

:D

Poogle
06-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Pir
we are working as hard as we can uhh no

kevy
07-01-2002, 02:23 AM
how bout workin on the guild tags problem! :grrr:

iniquitus
07-06-2002, 04:51 AM
Make a sleep system, where you get tired and slow at night, to go faster you could get some soda-pop or something with cafine to wake up. If you don't sleep for a while, then you just colapse and are frozen (sleeping) for 30sec or so, during that time, anyone can steal your iteams by walking up to you and pressing "A" >:] it'd be more realistic, if you fall asleep outside you can get robbed heh :)

Urizen :)