PDA

View Full Version : Knaves

Tyhm
06-15-2002, 01:06 AM
Seems every kingdom has a natural enemy that belongs within their own kingdom. Samurais and Ninjas, for example - they don't get along, but the Samurai could hire Ninjas to defend the kingdom...

Dustari and Knaves...what is a Knave, anyway?...

Pirates and, um, thieves?

Zormites and...evil Zormites?

I like Ninjas, and I'd rather they be in G2K2 somewhere...and they fit in Santerrain better than anywhere else...

Maybe the Knave class would be a group within the kingdom that do not contribute to the building or anything...like, the Samurai help repair the walls, and the Ninjas just tool around the island...they can hide within the walls, but they can't use the shops maybe...or they can't enter the castles...basically, newbies would pick a kingdom and start out as the Knave of that kingdom, then they'd RP their way into the ruling/defending/RPing class - it's up to the leader of the kingdom to accept their offer still, but everyone has a weak affiliation to start with whether they (or the kingdom) like it or not

BeZeRkEr
06-15-2002, 01:51 AM
dont people usually hire samurais
instead of samurais hiring ninjas :(

Tyhm
06-15-2002, 03:55 AM
Umm, dude, hiring a Samurai would be like hiring a Paladin...Ninjas are assassins and mercenaries by trade...

BlKnight
06-15-2002, 04:22 AM
Samurais would rather kill themselves then kill for money. Unless thier shogun declared they must. Ninjas should be a lone warriors though, not an organization (sub-kingdom). I am just scared that people who don't knwo how to roleplay or know anythign about ninjas or feudal japan at all for that matter will try to be ninjas.

Tyhm
06-15-2002, 08:27 AM
Nah. If you wanna be in Santerrain but haven't been accepted by the shogun, you're a ninja. You're just a very bad ninja with little stealth.

The definition I'm setting forth is one of lone warriors. Newbie Samurai PKer = Ninja. Newbie Dustari PKer = Berzerker, Newbie Forester PKer = Wild-man...

BlKnight
06-15-2002, 09:18 AM
Ninjas shouldn't be a scapegoat to newbie pkers. if you want to be a ninja maybe you would have to submit something to one of the rp admins I hope they will have some). If you want a scapegoat for newbie pkers make it Ronin.

Ronin were samurai who weren't good enough to be part of a shoguns' forces. So they just went around killing random people on the countryside. That fits the discription of newbie pker types.

Ninjas of course were not accepted by society but it was usally for their familty background (ie. european knights) not because they have bad skills. And having the superior ninjas as part of the kingdom itself would be just as stupid. here is how I find it should be:

Forest Newbie or Random PKer: Wild Man
Samurai Newbie or Random PKer: Ronin
Dustari Newbie or Random PKer: Highwayman
Pirate Crew Newbie or Random PKer: Sourge
Zormite Newbie or Random PKer: Inbred Bezerker

And the lone warriors who do know how to rp and simply have their characters in a more lone warrior setting woudl be like

Forest Rogue: Druid/Ranger
Samurai Rogue: Ninja
Dustari Rogue: Bunty Hunter
Pirate Crew Rogue: Privateer
Zormite Rogue: Simply put "rogue" (a term soemtiems describing sharks so i guess thats fine).

BlKnight
06-15-2002, 09:20 AM
To summarize that what you dexcribed would be better of as a ronin (wandering and choatic warrior not accepted by a master) then a ninja.

BeZeRkEr
06-15-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
Ninjas shouldn't be a scapegoat to newbie pkers. if you want to be a ninja maybe you would have to submit something to one of the rp admins I hope they will have some). If you want a scapegoat for newbie pkers make it Ronin.

Ronin were samurai who weren't good enough to be part of a shoguns' forces. So they just went around killing random people on the countryside. That fits the discription of newbie pker types.

Ninjas of course were not accepted by society but it was usally for their familty background (ie. european knights) not because they have bad skills. And having the superior ninjas as part of the kingdom itself would be just as stupid. here is how I find it should be:

Forest Newbie or Random PKer: Wild Man
Samurai Newbie or Random PKer: Ronin
Dustari Newbie or Random PKer: Highwayman
Zormite Newbie or Random PKer: Inbred Bezerker

And the lone warriors who do know how to rp and simply have their characters in a more lone warrior setting woudl be like

Forest Rogue: Druid/Ranger
Samurai Rogue: Ninja
Dustari Rogue: Bunty Hunter
Zormite Rogue: Simply put "rogue" (a term soemtiems describing sharks so i guess thats fine).

inbred berserker mind you

Tyhm
06-15-2002, 09:34 AM
That works...newbies are considered insane to the RPers. Then they can't ruin anything by talking about a new Eminem CD in Dustari Square - they're mad, so who cares? ^_~

BeZeRkEr
06-15-2002, 09:46 AM
yesh

BlKnight
06-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Who is this eminem? I am beggining to think the king was wrong to release these madmen back to the street. There is soemthing wrong with living all alone up there in the fields.

Remember: Ronin must be the default samurai tag, not ninja. Any percistance to have ninja as the term for random "newbie" killers will result in having a ninjitsu adept shoot you through the left eyebrow. (I think the left eybrow is the correct mafia symbol).

Tyhm
06-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Yeah, that's what he said.
Ronin = newbie madman
Ninja = Samurai fighter - the fighters of society.
Samurai = Samurai townspeople/defender/builder/farmer - the contributing members of society.

BeZeRkEr
06-15-2002, 12:11 PM
a ronin is a samurai without a master. To keep one's left arm inside one's shirt, and carry a jug of sake at one's hip are both very ronin things to do.

BlKnight
06-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Again wrong Tyhm, here is how I see it.

Ronin=Mad PKers (A tag availible for people who want to be in Samurai but aren't accepted by the actual Kingdom)

Peasant=Regular Townspeople/Priests/Cooks etc.

Samurai=The Fighters OF Society And Justice

Ninjas=Mercenaries who either live alone in the mountains capturing convoys or working as a assassin or enforcer for a shogun if the price is right.

This would be the most historicaly acurate setup. There is also another rank for regular soldier types taht worked for the shogun. But I am not about to go track it down.

Pir
06-16-2002, 12:17 AM
a knave is like a brigand, an evil little chap with a trite smile on his face, as he slaps the crap outa ya and steals y0 shite

Ghost Pirate
06-16-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight

I might use that Sourge never thought of that..thanks =)

Already got Privateer =)

Megamaniac
06-17-2002, 01:59 AM
i was just gonna say that

Juron Pilo
06-17-2002, 11:20 AM
he with all this religion stuff they'd been adding in... maybe the Dustari strange ones should be called Heretics