PDA

View Full Version : new ideas and suggestions

emortylone
06-08-2002, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has had problems with the terrain but it seems real annoying. I'm not saying scrap the idea, i'm saying it should be fooled with a little bit since this is alpha. It once took me 35 seconds to walk up a hill that in overall was 2 tiles away and im not exxageratting at all. It takes me so long to get around, the terrain, the lag from almost 50+ NPCs in a single level and constant pking of people using kung fu which is very hard to defend against. Maybe stefan could create a running system close to GTA3, and while running and hitting hills you accually speed up instead of slow down and ramp it. I'm really not sure how he can adjust with the NPCs, it has a NPC for almost everything except the terrain. Expecially when players are around.
-- An other idea i had was gonna be a reply to a thread from before but the thread seems dead. Well I think that when you kill people it revolves more like AP but it keeps track of current kills and cannot be raised unless otherwise. Heres the idea, the more people you kill the more your VP(violence) rises. The more your VP is the more the more you are stunned for reaching 0 life instead of dying. During the stun people can easily steal stanima or anything else if anyone has any ideas. You can lower your VP by reviving the KO'd or doing service time-- going to shops and crafting stuff for free for shop owners. This means the more you kill the longer you are stunned from being KO'd and to avoid PKing control if you dont kill anybody you can easily just revive in no time. This may help people rid of pking problems and thefts.
-- Also I think you should be able to craft cheap inexpensive throwing daggers cheap just like arrows. the are very very fast and have great accuracy but not very powerful. This means you can use mouse click aim.
-- One more, i think you should be able to snipe from trees using your bow, and i dont know if its just me, but i dont have anyway of aiming my bow. This should be improved, if its just not a glitch of my computer.

emortylone
06-08-2002, 02:27 PM
Also I think since Stefan edited so much to graal, he should at least change the swimming system. Much like add its own swimming status, more realistic. The longer you swim you get tired, even if staying in one place, much like floating in deep water-- your still kicking and after a while you get tired and cant stay up anymore. But instead of killing the player, a NPC should take over the characters movement and swim the character over to the closest shore line. Also since your swimming.there are 2 extra keys, use them for.... um... i dunno SPEED. Im sure the majority of graal players run off of 56k. A good speed burst would speed you up and drain stanima. Also you should be able to dive and find items, but not change levels, just playerz, bubbles appear where you are, and since graal2k2 doesn't hide the player in the new clean water, show a "shadow" of the player so you dont have to edit bodies, and shrink the size of the "shadow" due to playerz.

haunter
06-09-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by emortylone
Also I think since Stefan edited so much to graal, he should at least change the swimming system. Much like add its own swimming status, more realistic. The longer you swim you get tired, even if staying in one place, much like floating in deep water-- your still kicking and after a while you get tired and cant stay up anymore. But instead of killing the player, a NPC should take over the characters movement and swim the character over to the closest shore line. Also since your swimming.there are 2 extra keys, use them for.... um... i dunno SPEED. Im sure the majority of graal players run off of 56k. A good speed burst would speed you up and drain stanima. Also you should be able to dive and find items, but not change levels, just playerz, bubbles appear where you are, and since graal2k2 doesn't hide the player in the new clean water, show a "shadow" of the player so you dont have to edit bodies, and shrink the size of the "shadow" due to playerz.

You should beable to dive under water.