PDA

View Full Version : Zepplin Improvement

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 09:12 AM
It would be really cool if you could launch stuff from a zepplin(bombs/snow)
if you moved the keys around so a was drop AND get off(it should be you know... you should have to be on the ground to get off a zepplin) and s was raise... then we'd have another key for launching stuff from it... just think about it ok?=D

Aestus
06-03-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Juron Pilo
if you moved the keys around so a was drop AND get off(it should be you know... you should have to be on the ground to get off a zepplin) and s was raise... then we'd have another key for launching stuff from it... just think about it ok?=D

I think it would be cooler if they were removed completely.

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 10:10 AM
why? although its true that they didn't exist back then... there was ome person who thought up all these crazy flying inventions although I can't remember his name... some ancient genious... bah they talked about him on an episode of histaria

Tyhm
06-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Leonardo DaVinci.

Somebody rent the MST3K version of Cave Dweller if you want to get the irony of this move. Still, WC2 had Goblin Zeppelins, so I guess it's alright.

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 10:43 AM
thankyou Thym.... hehe man I just figured out u can allready hit zepplins with snowballs=D

Kaimetsu
06-03-2002, 10:55 AM
DaVinci was hardly very specific in his silly little 'inventions'. People just read into it too much.

GryffonDurime
06-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Graal isn't set into a single Earthly time period, so I love the Zepplins. Nuts to all of you who said there would never be airshisp.

screen_name
06-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
DaVinci was hardly very specific in his silly little 'inventions'. People just read into it too much.

just had ideas

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 11:03 AM
could we please get back to the idea at hand?

Tyhm
06-03-2002, 01:28 PM
Turning ganis would be good, and I've yet to be hit with a snowball.
Also be nice if you get your deposit back for returning the Zepelin instead of buying/"renting" and destroying.

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 01:50 PM
you havn't? try it... you get knocked back.. its cool...
line up the arced line with the zepplin and the other line with the shadow... you hit almost every time that way(so long as the zepplin isn't running away)

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 02:10 PM
yes it is set in an earthly time period... we just might not neccessarily have the same technological progression stages on this alternate graal world eh? some davinnci Graal equivalent could have followed through and made his little flying bicycle

Tyhm
06-03-2002, 02:13 PM
My theory - the designs survived, drawn up by a Zorbi Scientist from the Classic era. The Zeppelins are floated by DragonBreath, a gas which remains hot and buoyant for a thousand years but which is murderously difficult to obtain (you need a Dragon of course) and even harder to contain (it's REALLY hot!)

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 02:23 PM
nice backstory although I would have used the g2k1 zalactics... nah its magic so I suppose it works

(corrected 100 times)

Kaimetsu
06-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Not sure about the dragon's breath part. Surely the whole world would be full of the stuff after a while, and it'd certainly stop any plans of humans entering dragon lairs in the future.

Maybe instead they use some sort of crystal found in a dragon's heart or something. We could say it's the thing that powers their fire, or some other such nonsense.

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 02:44 PM
um.... after awhile it condenses into something a bit less dangerous but also useless?
I dunno

Tyhm
06-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Well, it being buoyant it tries to go up to the top of the atmosphere, either accounting for the redness of the night sky or dissapating utterly in the process, reacting with the oxygen and becoming inert. The stuff in the zeppelins is pure, but it's like hydrogen - it bonds to anything it can.

Kaimetsu
06-03-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Well, it being buoyant it tries to go up to the top of the atmosphere, either accounting for the redness of the night sky or dissapating utterly in the process, reacting with the oxygen and becoming inert. The stuff in the zeppelins is pure, but it's like hydrogen - it bonds to anything it can.

Still, a dragon's lair is gonna be full of the stuff. Wouldn't it be completely impossible for adventurers to get anywhere near?

Tyhm
06-03-2002, 03:12 PM
Without a fire pendant, yup, maybe.

Unless it dissapates as easily as carbon dioxide. I mean, hypothetically if you get a hundred people in a cave, they should all die from oxygen deprevation, but it doesn't happen much. Nor would a dragon breathing in the open air fill the cave with dragon's breath - it would all get blown out in time, maybe filling the upper reaches of the cave.

When G2K2 gets its first dragon, I guess we'll see. ^_^

Or yeah, the zeppelins can be full of DragonFire instead.

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 04:05 PM
about the zeplin bombings?

Kaimetsu
06-03-2002, 04:16 PM
Hmm. One thing I think certainly should happen is that the Zeppelins be only made available once you've got this Dragon Something, and taken it to some guy to craft with.

Juron Pilo
06-03-2002, 04:21 PM
OK! NOW CAN WE STICK WITH THE MATTER AT HAND PLEASE! IF YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT DRAGONS AND FIRE AND BLOOD PLEASE MOVE TO ANOTHER POST... thankyou...

Metal-Slug
06-03-2002, 10:10 PM
i like the zeppelins and i like the story behind them ( thanks to Tyhm, my new freind :cool: )

and with new mouse functions we can make dropping stuff easy

Discharge
06-04-2002, 01:19 AM
If we allow these ballons to be able to attack, were gonna have some air fighting going on in Graal. I personally want stick to the middle ages were everthing is down the ground.

BeZeRkEr
06-04-2002, 01:29 AM
but you dont fly over things in the zepplins

Aestus
06-04-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Without a fire pendant, yup, maybe.

Unless it dissapates as easily as carbon dioxide. I mean, hypothetically if you get a hundred people in a cave, they should all die from oxygen deprevation, but it doesn't happen much. Nor would a dragon breathing in the open air fill the cave with dragon's breath - it would all get blown out in time, maybe filling the upper reaches of the cave.

When G2K2 gets its first dragon, I guess we'll see. ^_^

Or yeah, the zeppelins can be full of DragonFire instead.

Or, maybe, the balloons are filled with hot air. Just good old-fashioned hot air. That solution gives me less of a headache.

Tyhm
06-04-2002, 06:08 AM
Hot air needs a constant heat source though.

Juron Pilo
06-04-2002, 11:19 AM
they get it out of the rising gases from a hot spring or if thats not hot enough for ya, a volcano... there... oh and yes they do rise... they have the extra coordinate just like everything else? or can't you see how the shadow gets further away from the baloon?

Ghost Pirate
06-04-2002, 12:04 PM
bottle of dragon breath
eye of newtt (sp?)
frog legs
15 wooden boards
30 cloth
A semi-long rope
24 peices of gold
Stir, shake and, repeat untill you aquire your brand spanking new Zepplin Scout complete with coconut bomb launcher

Juron Pilo
06-04-2002, 02:49 PM
YAY at least Ghost Pirate likes my idea=D
additional note to keep this alive:
actually
since you have to hold on with your hands to the steering wheel.. I don't think anything more than throwaballs would be realisitic
Sides that would create a balance... for the ability to fly you loose your bow(which can be used to shoot the zepplins down eh?)
which reminds me....
WHERE IS MY BOW?
anyways... gimme some small explodables and rocks(we could use ore) or something=D

adam
06-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Tyhm seems to like Dragons...

GREAT ME TOO

Juron Pilo
06-04-2002, 10:41 PM
dragons are just one form of a 100 mythical beasts.. centering a plot around one form always seems to fail when it comes back to teing it in with the players too.....
BACK ON TASK PLEASE
gah I swear I've spawned what whould be 5 other topics from this one thread... grah...

SinNetherwind
06-05-2002, 02:19 AM

very cool

feivel
06-05-2002, 05:03 AM
I think the tiny Zeppelins are cool but if there are to be armed Zeppelins they need to be really expensive. The whole part about a kingdom's army is who is better equipped and more advanced and better fighters, now if any shmo off the street can build a zeppelin then everyone will have them.
And im not talking hard to craft like g2k1 mining,
im talking like it needs to take up so much resources that everyoen in hte kingdom is going to need to work together for awhile to get all the resources, and then it will take a while to craft... that way sure if everyone (like 10 people) work constantly for two hours they might have the resources, and get it crafted, but unless everyone in the kingdom likes spending all their times making giant zeppelings, they will be in not so gigantic supply and will be strategic and an advantage.

Juron Pilo
06-05-2002, 10:22 AM
I dunno about overdoing the cost factor... your forgeting that everything is descructable.... so about a medium price would be more reasonable... say about 5 gold or 2 diamonds and 3 gold?

Ghost Pirate
06-05-2002, 10:29 AM
I dunno about overdoing the cost factor... your forgeting that everything is descructable.... so about a medium price would be more reasonable... say about 5 gold or 2 diamonds and 3 gold?

Higher the price more chance you want to keep it alive

Also you should beable to salvage almost everything. Getting between 40-75% of the material back

Boat Wrecks
Zepplin Wrecks
Destroyed Catapults
Etc

Juron Pilo
06-05-2002, 10:31 AM
I'm saying don't make them so impossible to build and maintain that nobody bothers to use them ok? the wrecks idea is cool... no need for ownership of them though=D who says the enemy can't salvage the material=D

feivel
06-05-2002, 12:15 PM
Im talking about a mega huge war airship,
duh everything is destructable but this would be a ***** to make,
but once youve made it its a ***** to destroy,
but of course the enemy should be able to get wrecks,
its called spoils of war,
when i meant really costly i meant like 300 wood and 100 gold and 100 iron, but this would be like almost the length of the screen and would be armored (the ****pit, and the baloon would be really tough leather or whatever) and it would have bombs and stuff.

Ghost Pirate
06-05-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by feivel
Im talking about a mega huge war airship,
duh everything is destructable but this would be a ***** to make,
but once youve made it its a ***** to destroy,
but of course the enemy should be able to get wrecks,
its called spoils of war,
when i meant really costly i meant like 300 wood and 100 gold and 100 iron, but this would be like almost the length of the screen and would be armored (the ****pit, and the baloon would be really tough leather or whatever) and it would have bombs and stuff.

.....err Lets just have small Zepplins with a coconut bomb launcher

Juron Pilo
06-05-2002, 08:07 PM
airships I imagine would require more than one person to operate... so keep the zepplins as personal flight crafts or for small bombing/spying squads.... and thus a little cheaper to make as people might want to have small groups of them attack eh?
how about we negotiate to around 90 total resources for one.... and that seems a bit steep to me

jeff335
06-06-2002, 03:01 AM
Agreed it must be a plan from the Classic times. I once came up with a decay plan from classic to newmain...obviously, you get to 2k2 from newmain with some seismic trouble. I say it's all the same world. Same continent even. I even managed to justify why the population centers changed et cetera. But anyway, I find the Ancients to be a better way of introducing anachronisms than the Zalactics.

feivel
06-06-2002, 03:57 AM
The tiny zeppelins of course wouldnt be so hard to build,
but likewise they would be personal flight craft,
and they would have to have some downsides,
because if they dont no one would use any other transportation,
they should still be expensive though,
so only hard working players could get them,
cus you know not every average guy owns a personal propeller aircraft or light aircraft etc...
what I was talking about that really takes a shitload of resources are like giant zeppelins that take a crew of several people to operate, someone to control it (steer, and altitude),
then a bombardier, and other people to do other stuff,
maybe using the existing zeppelin style i will make a graphic of what im talking about just to give an idea of what i mean.

haunter
06-06-2002, 04:05 AM
I think gigantic airships would be great (to bad its too early for an albatros or something) It would spark co-operation in players when they try to fly it/ shoot it down.

feivel
06-06-2002, 04:53 AM
That would be funny if someone made a Graal WWI server.
HEHE with zeppelins, and biplanes, and doughboys (not the one in the cookie commercials) and I can just see my flying a Fokker heheheheh.

haunter
06-06-2002, 07:07 AM
HEHE with zeppelins, and biplanes, and doughboys (not the one in the cookie commercials) and I can just see my flying a Fokker heheheheh.

hehe, you said:

Fokker

Juron Pilo
06-06-2002, 09:05 AM
downsides...
1: you can't use a bow or sword in one
2: its destructable fool!... that regulates the number out there without ridiculous prices doesn't it?
3: are you blind? its slow
oh and by personal I just mean one person rides in it vs an entire crew

LilNiglet
06-07-2002, 03:06 PM

*shoots down fokker with sopwith camel*

AHAHAHGAGHAGHA *flies off*

feivel
06-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Make it so we can fire bows from the personal zeppelins!!
Then I will organize a flying squad and we will do air raids,
but then Tupper hates us and shoots at us and then the hydrogen ignites and he gets lit on fire. lol.

BlKnight
06-10-2002, 12:35 AM
The flying fortress of Er1c the evil sorcerror.

Juron Pilo
06-12-2002, 03:53 PM
I'd like to see you shoot a bow while holding on to the stearing wheel of a bike dude... same concept

feivel
06-14-2002, 11:14 PM
A bike must be constantly in motion therefore if i let go of the steering wheel i basically flip over from the lack of balance,
f i let go of the steering wheel of the blimp nothing happens other then the fact that I maintain a straight flight pattern until i grab it again and turn.

Juron Pilo
06-17-2002, 11:26 AM
balance my friend... if you got out of position long enough to shoot something out of a zepplin... you'll likely overbalance and fall off with a thud... cmon seriously... theres hirstorical(in its fantasy type way) prescedence on the matter.......