PDA

View Full Version : Daggers

BlKnight
06-02-2002, 08:13 AM
Stefan said there will be daggers put online soon. I have a few ideas on how they could work.

First of all, I think the base swing should look like the karate hand swing but obviosubly with the dagger in hand. The daggers are supposed to be fast, and I think having the daggers using the sideways or forward thrust swing looks better if sped up than a sword style swing or a overhead attack.

Advantages:
Fast
More Damage

Disadvantages:
Can't use shields and have a dagger equipped at same time. (Just like karate)
Shorter Range

Functions:

Pressing the botton the dagger is selected as on it's own=sideways swing attack, faster than a sword swing, does 8 damage

Pressing the selected dagger botton and the direction away from you=overhead swing, slow as a sword swing, does 12 damage

And Possibly Later Another Function
Pressing selected dagger botton and "a"=can remove someone from a barrel if they are hiding

Tyhm
06-02-2002, 09:03 AM
Screwy. Swords do more damage than Daggers, what have you been smoking?

haunter
06-02-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Screwy. Swords do more damage than Daggers, what have you been smoking?

Dried paint.

I want those knifes on sticks to come out.

freddyfox
06-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by haunter

Dried paint.

Naginata.

Ghost Pirate
06-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox

Naginata.

battle axe

Metal-Slug
06-02-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by haunter

Dried paint.

omg tonight has been fun

Tyhm
06-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Pole Arm Blades - Halberds

BlKnight
06-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Hmmm oh yes I forgot that a random sword slash does more damage than a close up stab to the heart (or chest at least) with a quick acting poison large knife.

Think about it Thym what have YOU been snorting?

Pith
06-02-2002, 11:30 AM
I want throwing daggers

haunter
06-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox

Naginata.

*eyes*

... Knife on stick....

Tyhm
06-02-2002, 01:54 PM
*sighs* If you can find a way to slice a man in twain with a dagger, power to you.

And you just changed your answer - now you're talking about stabs through the hearts with poisoned daggers. You were just talking about random stabs with daggers opposed to random stabs with swords - and for my money, a stab through the heart with a poisoned sword WOULD do more damage than a stabe through the heart with a poisoned dagger just on the basis that a sword leaves a bigger hole, but the dagger is faster.

No fair changing the basis of comparison. It's like suggesting that Superman could be beat up by The Punisher in a street fight - then adding the caveat that Superman have already been exposed to red kryptonite and that Punisher be equipped with green kryptonite bullets.

BlKnight
06-02-2002, 02:08 PM
No, I didn't change anything. I meant that for the graphics of showing the dagger, it would look much nicer is it was from the side like the karate skill, not that you make random slashes with it.

Besides how else would you equalize knives? Speed is just enough to make up for the range and as I suspect it will be, no shield useage. If they were weaker it would be even worse.

Another advantage for example would be the dagger always hits.

Terazel Tenjin
06-02-2002, 02:25 PM
*sighs* If you can find a way to slice a man in twain with a dagger, power to you.

And you just changed your answer - now you're talking about stabs through the hearts with poisoned daggers. You were just talking about random stabs with daggers opposed to random stabs with swords - and for my money, a stab through the heart with a poisoned sword WOULD do more damage than a stabe through the heart with a poisoned dagger just on the basis that a sword leaves a bigger hole, but the dagger is faster.

No fair changing the basis of comparison. It's like suggesting that Superman could be beat up by The Punisher in a street fight - then adding the caveat that Superman have already been exposed to red kryptonite and that Punisher be equipped with green kryptonite bullets.

Poison dagger=Diablo 2's Necromancer skill

DarkCloud_PK
06-02-2002, 02:30 PM
The only advantages Daggers should have over swords is their speed and light wieght. The rest of the attributes should be lower than that of the sword's.

Discharge
06-02-2002, 02:40 PM
I also agree that the swords should do more damage.

Tyhm
06-02-2002, 03:58 PM
And you should be able to equip one in each hand, I mean come ON!

TheFrozenFiend
06-02-2002, 05:46 PM
Throwing daggers would be better.

screen_name
06-03-2002, 03:18 AM
the daggers are cool looking =D

*drools*

BlKnight
06-03-2002, 05:10 AM
You've seen them? Post now.

haunter
06-03-2002, 06:47 AM
Knives. On. STICKS!

adam
06-03-2002, 08:30 AM
And you should be able to equip one in each hand, I mean come ON!