PDA

View Full Version : Building Additional Stuff


Tyhm
06-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Bakery - several hundred planks, iron, coal, maybe some stone and clay if that's added in later, lots of time
Lumbermill - wood and a lot of iron, lots of time
Mine Entrance - wood and a lot of excavating
Blacksmith - planks, lots of iron, lots of coal, lots of timeWoodshop - lots of wood, lots of time
Dojo/Training Center/Schoolhouse - not so much wood, time
House/Bar - cheapest and fastest building, fairly easy to destroy.
Bridge - 10 planks per part (2 tiles wide), can be destroyed by repeatedly whacking the supports with an axe 100 times or so
Mine Support - 5 planks, holds up the surrounding 20 tiles of mine, rots fairly regularly and must be repaired or replaced or else there's a cave in.
Irrigation - 50 planks, 100 water, as long as it stands (and it only takes 20 or so axe-hits to take down), all corn within 20 or so tiles won't need to be watered.Forest - buy special seeds - just like regular trees, but take 50 hits and provide excellent cover - for both sides.
Wood Fence - 5 planks per part (2x2 tiles) - takes 10 hits, can be chained together to make defences
Stone Wall - 5 stone per part (2x2 tiles) - takes 50 hits with a pickaxe, can be chained together to make defences

Of course, little of this will work without a Masonry skill/shop to make walls out of rock and stuff...^___^
Maybe one store on the main island sells Plans, which you can use as a weapon in a certain place on your kingdom's island to build things...

Pith
06-01-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm

Bridge - 10 planks per part (2 tiles wide), can be destroyed by repeatedly whacking the supports with an axe 100 times or so
build things...
I think 100 times is too much.In real life you can destroy it like 10 hits

Tyhm
06-01-2002, 02:28 PM
In real life you can destroy other humans in one hit. This is not real life.

Pith
06-01-2002, 02:29 PM
and I think the axe and other tools should be breakable after like 50 hits and you have to take alot of time to make a new one so people don't go around destroying everything people build

Pith
06-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
In real life you can destroy other humans in one hit. This is not real life.
I know but they're trying to make it like real life

Ghost Pirate
06-01-2002, 02:31 PM
I like this idea along with alot of others of tyhms ideas

thomasward
06-04-2002, 06:33 PM
I really like the Mine Entrance/Support and the Irrigation ideas. Hell, I like all of them.

Juron Pilo
06-04-2002, 10:11 PM
fine fine... but you should be able to tell if someone destroys a building you made while you were gone so you can wreck vengance upon him

Tyhm
06-05-2002, 06:32 AM
In a perfect world, the buildings would save your stats when you go in, if you log off while inside an NPC of you jumps out to defend it when it's attacked.

konidias
06-05-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
In a perfect world, the buildings would save your stats when you go in, if you log off while inside an NPC of you jumps out to defend it when it's attacked.

I don't see why people think having their stuff destroyed while they aren't there is some big deal.. It happens in real life. Like when someone vandalizes your car in the parking lot, you can't always be there to know what's going on, or have a robot you that waits in your car to beat anyone that touches it. :p

Terazel Tenjin
06-05-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by konidias


I don't see why people think having their stuff destroyed while they aren't there is some big deal.. It happens in real life. Like when someone vandalizes your car in the parking lot, you can't always be there to know what's going on, or have a robot you that waits in your car to beat anyone that touches it. :p

Year 2002...we should have had our flying cars and robot butlers by now, damnit!

Should just make your character go to sleep or something everytime you log off. You can be killed and such, but the NPC you should be able to defend your character. That would be realistic up to the point you actually log on again while the other you is fighting.
Or make things simple and just have you go to sleep wherever you log off and can't be hurt or looted.

darkriders_p2p
06-05-2002, 06:53 AM
Some of Tyhms Ideas are really nice, but I don't want to spend 3298097695785 hours making a couple buildings for some lame person to destroy it 12 minutes later.
Mines/bridges would be cool, especially if they added something like weather, and natural phonominon (sp?). Like earthquakes would colapse a bridge/mine completely if it doesn't have enough supports.If it did, it would partiacally colapse.
Irrigation would also be cool.Although I doubt I'd use it >=]
:)

haunter
06-05-2002, 08:02 AM
I want to be able to dig and make the mines bigger.

freddyfox
06-05-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by konidias
It happens in real life.

Do people shoot fireballs out of their hands in real life?

If so, where can I learn to do that?

feivel
06-05-2002, 09:50 AM
Yes but in real life you dont have to worry about your car being blown up everytime you park it. On Graal people think it is funny to constantly destroy everything. I mean sure so occasionally you do something evil and make someone lose stuff,
hey thats funny and somewhat realistic,
but when there is mob rule and the second you build something and it is torn down, thats stupid.
Anyway like Tyhm said, and like I have said numerous times,
people shouldnt just dissapear of the face of the planet when they log off, if you log off in the middle of the street then by g-d an NPC with your stats should lay there asleep,
then after the first few times you get killed and money stolen,
you will learn not to sleep in the street,
also it makes it better because a kingdom's castle wont be taken over so easily when no one is on, because their NPCs will gaurd it.

DarkCloud_PK
06-05-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox


Do people shoot fireballs out of their hands in real life?

If so, where can I learn to do that?

Its simple, just take some gasoline and a match, then...

Anyway, Vermain has a good point.
Graal is far from real life, Konidias.
If Graal were real life, we wouldn't have so many destructive and idiotic people on it and destruction of property would be punishable by several years in jail.

Fun, eh?

Juron Pilo
06-05-2002, 10:27 AM
I just wanna KNOW it was destroyed and by whom so I can use eye for an eye as a little incentive not to go busting up other peoples property
is that too much to ask?

Tyhm
06-05-2002, 11:49 AM
Hypothetically, it should be set up so that if someone wants to wreck your house, they have to destroy the walls around the city first...
Perhaps you have to check your weapons with the guard if you're visiting, and when you check in you can't damage anything...otherwise you'll have a simple answer to who destroyed your bakery:
NEWS FLASH - ZORMITE KINGDOM INVADED BY DUSTARI!

And if you build outside the city walls, you had it coming. ^_^

TheFrozenFiend
06-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by konidias


I don't see why people think having their stuff destroyed while they aren't there is some big deal.. It happens in real life. Like when someone vandalizes your car in the parking lot, you can't always be there to know what's going on, or have a robot you that waits in your car to beat anyone that touches it. :p

But you can use a trap on it. That happens in real life.
Seen the new cars that shoot flames out the side when someone tries to steal them?
Just make traps like that for stuff.

BeZeRkEr
06-05-2002, 07:16 PM
people may vandalize your house in real life
BUT THEY DONT CHOP IT DOWN WITH AN AXE
a few eggs maybe or a rock
BUT THEY DONT CHOP IT DOWN WITH AN AXE

Juron Pilo
06-05-2002, 08:14 PM
that could raise it with fire... modern day houses are made of stone but these are... and even then there is such a thing as sappers(people who destroy castle walls by blowing up the weak points).

oh yeah... if someone destroys your house... you call the police and they find evidence such as fingerprints, dna samples, ect.

I like thyms idea...
in fact
if it were dustari's walls that had to be destroyed before a dustarians house could burn... then its pretty safe as theres one on most of the time... it would take alot of timing to find it totally undefended... and theres still the vengance factor to prevent a kingdom waiting 'till the other is not around... destorying one kingdom and you start a war which will cost alot of resources... putting you at risk from attack by another...=D

(rah I checked over this point a little and gave up... I'm just getting sloppy)

screen_name
06-05-2002, 10:07 PM
last night i spilt some rubbing acohol on my arm and didnt know it, dont ask, and then i was lighting something and my arm caught on fire, it was awesome, but i quickly put it out

Juron Pilo
06-05-2002, 10:57 PM
being last night sure is awfully convenient and all... especially since this isn't the first time I recall someone making such a report when fire is mentioned... maybe everyone in Graal but me is a pyromaniac

freddyfox
06-05-2002, 11:28 PM
The reason things have to be strong is because there WILL be 2 AM castle raids when no one is awake.

Juron Pilo
06-05-2002, 11:31 PM
no sane kingdom is going to allow their members to do such a thing... for it would create anthema amongst the other kindoms and I can't see a random group of players working together to do such and thing... its like the atom bomb... nobody uses it for fear of others using it

Tyhm
06-05-2002, 11:52 PM
NPC Guards for 2 AM. You log off in the guardhouse to be on guard duty, when you log back on you're wherever your NPC is. A severely limited, but much easier, version of the NPC-By-Night suggestion.

Also, have the walls sound an alarm when they're destroyed...either directly, or indirectly, as in having kingdom-only bells a short distance from the wall that the guards (even the NPCs) can run over and ring to alert everyone else in the kingdom to the invasion.

freddyfox
06-06-2002, 03:32 AM
NPC's just aren't smart or strong enough to defeat raid forces. Once you figure out their pattern, they're done for.

haunter
06-06-2002, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by feivel
Yes but in real life you dont have to worry about your car being blown up everytime you park it. On Graal people think it is funny to constantly destroy everything. I mean sure so occasionally you do something evil and make someone lose stuff,
hey thats funny and somewhat realistic,
but when there is mob rule and the second you build something and it is torn down, thats stupid.
Anyway like Tyhm said, and like I have said numerous times,
people shouldnt just dissapear of the face of the planet when they log off, if you log off in the middle of the street then by g-d an NPC with your stats should lay there asleep,
then after the first few times you get killed and money stolen,
you will learn not to sleep in the street,
also it makes it better because a kingdom's castle wont be taken over so easily when no one is on, because their NPCs will gaurd it.

Sleeping guards usually aren't too effective :\

Juron Pilo
06-06-2002, 09:10 AM
consider forgeting the computer ai for a second and find ways to help players protect themselves... if evrerything was defended automatically... there would be no need for players to check on their stuff...

TheFrozenFiend
06-06-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Juron Pilo
its like the atom bomb... nobody uses it for fear of others using it

Or more like no one uses an atom bomb incase someone else then decides to use a hydrogen bomb.

Tyhm
06-07-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Juron Pilo
consider forgeting the computer ai for a second and find ways to help players protect themselves... if evrerything was defended automatically... there would be no need for players to check on their stuff...

Nee, it's like this:
You log off in your kingdom's guardhouse.
Your NPC then walks out and patrols the nearest wall.
Of course, your NPC will never be quite as resourceful as you are, because it's running a simple AI which is more concerned with terrain than weapon selection - so live guards are more useful, but at 2 AM you take what you can get.