PDA

View Full Version : Realistic AI System

iniquitus
06-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Currently, everyone who plays Graal 2002 does the same tasks to get the same items... What if we wrote a modular storyline where everything was basicaily open-ended, the player creats his/her own story, and based on how he/she interacts with other people (npcs) the personality values are shaped, add more values like wisdom, presence/aura, etc... I started working on the scripting for this type of thing, it isn't too hard if you alredy have a background in modular design and AI programing... I think it would definately bring Graal to another level, I'm sure I could get 9 or 10 of my friends who call Graal lame, to play it if it took this direction...

I still like my speach bubbles idea *cough* as well as my book system idea *cough* *cough*

It would also be cool if we had voice actors do dialoug for AI people down the road, maybe even animate the mouth on them :) Oh yes, and make cool movie-style sequences :)

If I don't see these things implimented I'll start working on them myself :p hah :)

Urizen ;)

thomasward
06-04-2002, 06:30 PM
Go for gold my good lad.....

Juron Pilo
06-04-2002, 10:22 PM
I don't want another new world=/
that was our problem
we tried to make it all about the story... and we got floundered right there...
I think, in fact, that a valuable lesson was learned from that... let the players decide the story... thats what rp is all about... I mean we almost have a decent story behind the kingdoms from past interactions eh? let that be the story

konidias
06-05-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by iniquitus
It would also be cool if we had voice actors do dialoug for AI people down the road

No it wouldn't.

Then you would have people like Birdbird making stupid dialogue.

"OMG LIEK GO OVER THER AND HAX TEH TREE 2 GIT APPULS!" :rolleyes: