PDA

View Full Version : Magic.

Torankusu
06-01-2002, 07:33 AM
Hybrid Staffs.
Yeah, I talked to Pir about this already.
Staffs that you could craft that you could attack AND block with.

Magic. Weaknesses/Strengths and Kingdom tie-ins.

People could learn a magic according to the kingdom (their kingdom flag) that they picked to be in at the beginning when they picked it. (i.e. Zormite, so they get Zormite strengths and weaknesses.)

I've listed what I think would work.

Dustari - Most people relate them with rocks, etc, from the looks, so:

--Weaknesses - WATER.
--Strengths - Thunder/Lightning.

Zormite - Water, of course.

--Weaknesses - Thunder
--Strengths - Water.

Samurai - Hmmm.... bamboos... trees, I guess.

--Weaknesses - Fire and Thunder
--Strengths - Water and grass (element.)

Pirates - Water, no?

--Weaknesses - Thunder AND water.
--Strengths - Water and fire. Slightly stronger than the other water and fire strengths.

Forest -

--Weakness - Fire.
--Strength - Grass (element.)

P.S. Magic School information/ideas coming soon after this post.

Torankusu
06-01-2002, 07:37 AM
Magic Schools
The schools can teach you two new elements/magics to learn and master.

Dark Magic, and White magic

Dark Magic - No elemental (fire, grass, water, thunder, etc) characteristics. Just a nifty thing you learn.

It deals a good amount of damage to those who know white magic.
Can Heal a LITTLE bit. (5HP or so, but it takes quite a lot of your MP, if that is going to be introduced.) Can only heal other Dark Mages.

White Magic - No elemental (fire, grass, water, thunder, etc) characteristics. Just a nifty thing you learn.

Curative magic, mostly. You can heal about 6-7 HP using about half the cost it takes to heal with dark magic. Can only heal other white mages. Deals a good amount of damage to white mages.

I might've forgot some things, so I'll add them later.

Pith
06-01-2002, 07:53 AM
JSUT LIKE POKEMON

Torankusu
06-01-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Pith
JSUT LIKE POKEMON Actually, I was basing it off of FFX...

Except no ice. Ice replaces the grass/forest element thing.

Pith
06-01-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu

Pirates - Water, no?

--Weaknesses - Thunder AND water.
--Strengths - Water and fire. Slightly stronger than the other water and fire strengths.

How can water be both weakness and strength?

Torankusu
06-01-2002, 08:11 AM

How can water be both weakness and strength? They use fire as a strength. That water affects the fire.

haunter
06-01-2002, 08:17 AM
Pirate's element should be: Grog!

Tyhm
06-01-2002, 10:06 AM
Samurai - Wind

Torankusu
06-01-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Samurai - Wind What would be an opposite of wind?

Tyhm
06-01-2002, 11:41 AM
Stone. Fueled by fire and/or water and/or tree, but stopped by stone.

In one storyline I was doing, Fire was the antithesis of Wind elementals - it sucks them in and they can't get away, Fire consumes Wind.

So strength - water, tree/grass
weakness-stone, fire

Redflair
06-01-2002, 11:50 AM

Dustari - Most people relate them with rocks, etc, from the looks, so:

--Weaknesses - WATER.
--Strengths - Thunder/Lightning.

dustari's strength should be fire.

Faheria_GP4
06-01-2002, 12:31 PM
Sounds too much like Pokemon....... :(

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
06-01-2002, 01:03 PM
Dustari's strength should be fire AND thunder/lightning because fire has always been out element.

LilNiglet
06-01-2002, 01:19 PM
DUSTARI FIRE DUSTARI FIRE IT GOES TOGETHER

freddyfox
06-01-2002, 01:29 PM
Here's my spell system thing:

Classifications of Spells:

-Fire deals with heat-based spells, such as light beams or open flames.

-Ice deals with cold-based spells, such as wind gusts or snowstorms.

-Energy deals with matter-based spells, such as bolts of energy or atmospheric explosions.

-Earth deals with dirt-based spells, such as earthquakes or grasping roots.

-Void deals with nothingness-based spells, such as void portals or dimension rifts.

Researching and Crafting Spells:

All spells are drawn from powerful monoliths positioned around the kingdom isles, also known as "Cores." People that can succesfully harness the power of the cores are able to create immensely powerful elemental forces to destroy enemies with.

First, you have your basic spell-scroll spells from merchants. They're weaker spells you can buy from a merchant in order to help start your career into core concentration.

Then, for the more advanced spells, you must collect and research new spells. Things such as odd, burned papers from monsters can be studied to get information. This information can be processed to create newer and better spells.

Finally, there is spell crafting. By combining different minerals with special artifacts, you can create entirely new spells. For example:

Durby + Talisman of Movement + Negation Medal = Movement Prevention

You get the idea. Something else that would be fantastic would be if that after a player discovers a new spell, it would be named after him. You know, Vermain's Agility of Sound or Tyhm's Hand of Destruction.

Negative Side Effects:

Anyone of any level can use any spell. BUT. Using a power way beyond your skill level with that certain spell element can have terrible concequences. This could range from your spells fizzing out, to your spells taking double the mana, to your spell imploding itself and damaging you. In terrible cases, the person using the spell would be killed. Using spells equal or less to your skill level should pose no threat, while something slightly higher then your skill level should pose a threat of fizzing out.

Tyhm
06-01-2002, 01:50 PM
Rag proposed a similar system for Classic - to which I say fine, YOU make an NPC through which new, balanced spells can be invented.

nyghtGT
06-01-2002, 05:34 PM
They use fire as a strength. That water affects the fire.
How bout this.

The pirates have a burning flame of intensity and the water helps them to concentrate and keep focus. Dexterity, I think.:rolleyes:

Griffyn
06-01-2002, 09:16 PM
Magic is for the weak. My kung fu is best.

AlexH
06-01-2002, 09:22 PM
I like the idea.
Could be expanded greatly but I know thats just a rough idea.
I think the idea Vermain had about the skill level of the magic could have consequences on you if your not at a high enough level was great.
But it would be quite hard to actually make the spells with the current battle system would it not?
Seems like it would only work in a FF type battle method.

Torankusu
06-02-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_GP4
Sounds too much like Pokemon....... :( Oh come on. Will you get real.

It's a MAGIC system. IT does NOT mean it was by/like POKEMON.

nyghtGT
06-02-2002, 03:58 AM
"Go get him Piratosaur!!!"

"Birdbirdichu I Choose You!!!"

haunter
06-02-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by nyghtGT
"Go get him Piratosaur!!!"

"Birdbirdichu I Choose You!!!"

*throws green jello to smite the pokemen*

Ghost Pirate
06-02-2002, 05:12 AM
Pirates strive towards Dark mage (voodoo in nature)

Timpan3
06-02-2002, 06:07 AM
JSUT LIKE POKEMON

yeA

Redflair
06-02-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Timpan3

yeA
yUp

HVOstroHS
06-02-2002, 08:34 AM
Zormite > dustari :)

darkriders_p2p
06-02-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by HVOstroHS
simple math, Zormite is more than Dustari :)
but Zormite wasn't boldeded in Torankusu first post :(

Pith
06-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by HVOstroHS

Metal-Slug
06-03-2002, 03:02 AM
very nice systems

GryffonDurime
06-03-2002, 11:21 AM
No. Magic shouldn't be grouped only by Kingdom. Just because your in Dustari dosen't mean you have to use fire. Several, mostly Durimes, are mages of other elementals. I think we need some kind of system where you chose your Sphere and then your School, such as Sphere: Sole, School: Cleric. The spheres represent the Elementals, such as Fire, Water, Sole, Lune, Tera, Ether, etc. The School is how you use it. Your School can be Mage, where you simply cast spells of your element, Cleric, where you use healing and blessings, etc., Alchemist where you actually mix together Spells from Reagents and Mana, or Artiface, where you draw power from or craft magical items. Possibly, you can even make it so once you master your first element, you can select a new one to learn as a secondary.

Poogle
06-03-2002, 01:07 PM
The only thing good about pokemon is the gb games... everything else makes it look ***

South Park-Chinpokomon is a good way of explaning Pokemon hehe

You know I think I learned something today you forgot about the non-kingdomers

MetallicKorin
06-04-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Poogle

You know I think I learned something today you forgot about the non-kingdomers

My memory isn't all that good, but don't you have to pick a kingdom in order to play on G2k2? It's part of the whole roleplaying thing even though you decide you're not involved with the kingdom you chose to begin with. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Torankusu
06-08-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
No. Magic shouldn't be grouped only by Kingdom. Just because your in Dustari dosen't mean you have to use fire. Several, mostly Durimes, are mages of other elementals. I think we need some kind of system where you chose your Sphere and then your School, such as Sphere: Sole, School: Cleric. The spheres represent the Elementals, such as Fire, Water, Sole, Lune, Tera, Ether, etc. The School is how you use it. Your School can be Mage, where you simply cast spells of your element, Cleric, where you use healing and blessings, etc., Alchemist where you actually mix together Spells from Reagents and Mana, or Artiface, where you draw power from or craft magical items. Possibly, you can even make it so once you master your first element, you can select a new one to learn as a secondary. Uh, do you remember when you picked your "Kingdom" when you first started? That's what it's based off of. Not what kingdom you are in.