PDA

View Full Version : Graal Gold Accounts TOO Much. Die.

IceFire_TK
05-29-2002, 05:16 AM
Stefan, listen up.
Graal gold accounts are WAY too much money just to play on 2 servers. $40 U.S. or $40 Euros what ever it is, is too god damn much for us useless **** countries with ****-all currency's(aka Canada) It's like $55-65 Can., thats WAY too much. You damn americans and english got high currency's, therefore it costs you like $20. But use ****-all countries have to work harder for an account. I could buy a paintball gun, skateboard, snowboard, items to make a bomb with, or about 8 grams of weed(lol) with that money! I think it should be lowered to about $20-25 U.S.
since it is only for 2 servers, and since graal might get shut down before the full account is over with :(

And, $15 accounts are no good since all of the servers SUCK hard since only few can have NPC servers.

thanks

Boozy_Bravo
05-29-2002, 05:17 AM
That is partly true. 60$ dollars Canadian Ive heard..just to play on two servers. Mostly it is one server because Graal2001 is deserted and un amusing now.

DiabloSK
05-29-2002, 05:19 AM
i agree

AlkarenHyralt
05-29-2002, 05:19 AM
Umm..graal gold upgrade gives you access to all servers, and these forums. Plus running a game costs a lot of money to do. $20-$25 is too little.

Look at EvErquest. About $10 a month, compare that to $40 a year for graal.

Pith
05-29-2002, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
Umm..graal gold upgrade gives you access to all servers, and these forums. Plus running a game costs a lot of money to do. $20-$25 is too little.

but everquest is like 10 times better k

Boozy_Bravo
05-29-2002, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

Gold Update is not like that
you have 3 choices.
Classic Account
Classic Account and 3 month access to graalgold
Classic Account and 6 month access to graalgold
Classic Account and 1 year access to graalgold.

you must pay for Classic account any way which is 15$.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-29-2002, 05:22 AM
If you've noticed, the Canadian currency is on a surge, and once Graal 2002 is done, I'm sure $60 a year is WELL worth it

SinNetherwind
05-29-2002, 05:24 AM
Mow a lawn or two or three and wala you can afford one for one entire year, not that bigga deal really = /

AlexH
05-29-2002, 05:24 AM
Well I was talking to Stefan about 2 days ago about the servers graal are run on and it costs him and Unix a few thousand $ a month to keep them up.
So the small fee you are paying for your account isn't near enough to keep the servers running.
You should be greatful they arn't charging enough so they can keep the servers running because the prices would be much higher.

IceFire_TK
05-29-2002, 05:27 AM
ok i am i am only 10% into buying a graal gold account for this reason:
When your graal gold for 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year account expires, can you still use that account as a upgraded graal callis account?

also,
If you upgraded to graal gold with that same account again, would whatever you did/got the first time on 2001 when you upgraded earlier still be there? Would it save?

IceFire_TK
05-29-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by AlexH
Well I was talking to Stefan about 2 days ago about the servers graal are run on and it costs him and Unix a few thousand $ a month to keep them up.
So the small fee you are paying for your account isn't near enough to keep the servers running.
You should be greatful they arn't charging enough so they can keep the servers running because the prices would be much higher.

*is thankful for that reason, and that reason only*

AlexH
05-29-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by IceFire_TK
ok i am i am only 10% into buying a graal gold account for this reason:
When your graal gold for 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year account expires, can you still use that account as a upgraded graal callis account?

also,
If you upgraded to graal gold with that same account again, would whatever you did/got the first time on 2001 when you upgraded earlier still be there? Would it save?

Everything you had gotten before your account expires you keep obviously.

Googi
05-29-2002, 05:57 AM
Stefan, listen up.
Graal gold accounts are WAY too much money just to play on 2 servers. $40 U.S. or $40 Euros what ever it is, is too god damn much for us useless **** countries with ****-all currency's(aka Canada) It's like $55-65 Can., thats WAY too much. You damn americans and english got high currency's, therefore it costs you like $20. But use ****-all countries have to work harder for an account. I could buy a paintball gun, skateboard, snowboard, items to make a bomb with, or about 8 grams of weed(lol) with that money! I think it should be lowered to about $20-25 U.S.
since it is only for 2 servers, and since graal might get shut down before the full account is over with :(

And, $15 accounts are no good since all of the servers SUCK hard since only few can have NPC servers.

thanks

Oplz, I'm Canadian and I pay more for console games that are a fraction as fun as G2K2/G2K1.

Neglegence2002
05-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Stefan, listen up.

thanks
You get to go on all servers, not just 2....

iniquitus
05-29-2002, 06:58 AM
That price will be more than fair once 2002 is out of Alpha/Beta.

Urizen :cool:

IceFire_TK
05-29-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by iniquitus
That price will be more than fair once 2002 is out of Alpha/Beta.

Urizen :cool:
Chances are i won't play 2001 because i lag and 2002 is one big storm of lag for me :(

AlexH
05-29-2002, 07:47 AM

Chances are i won't play 2001 because i lag and 2002 is one big storm of lag for me :(

I'm sure Stefan will fix the lag in a new exe if he can.
There seems to be some problem with it.
I think he said it was something to do with peoples gfx cards.

IceFire_TK
05-29-2002, 07:51 AM

I'm sure Stefan will fix the lag in a new exe if he can.
There seems to be some problem with it.
I think he said it was something to do with peoples gfx cards.
hmm. I am SLOW, but i do not lag...?
I mean like i am slow, but i don't jump all over the place. I am just plain slow.

Hmm.. GFX Cards... I have a VooDoo 3(not the best, but OK)
maybe graal isn't compatible or isn't tweaked for all GFX cards?

AlexH
05-29-2002, 07:53 AM

hmm. I am SLOW, but i do not lag...?
I mean like i am slow, but i don't jump all over the place. I am just plain slow.

I don't think graal has every been to Voodoo friendly.

Judge_Spunky
05-29-2002, 07:56 AM

Graal doesn't like to be compatible very well with Voodoos. I used to have an old Voodoo Banshee (16 megs), and Graal hated me. Since, I got my GeForce 2, Graal and I haven't had quarrels over that. :D

AlexH
05-29-2002, 07:58 AM
How do I see what gfx card I have?
I have no idea what stuff like that I have on my computer. :(

Judge_Spunky
05-29-2002, 07:59 AM
How do I see what gfx card I have?
I have no idea what stuff like that I have on my computer. :(

Umm, I think it shows the specs on the card in DirectX Diagnostic.
If you don't know, go to the Start Menu, then Run. Type in dxdiag and then hit ok, and it will start up.

Metal-Slug
05-29-2002, 08:06 AM
you complain too much, if its too hard to get money ( i know how it goes, i saved up for months and months to get a year account ) find a cheaper game or start mowing some lawns.

Amagius
05-29-2002, 08:13 AM
I think we owe them a hug. Ummm....maybe a pat on the back.

adam
05-29-2002, 10:33 AM
Another thing your getting for that low low price is like direct access to the developers of the game. I mean that is really rare.

Pretty much all of graal gets inside information becouse the staff and the players are like almost the same thing. 99% of them are players.

And if you do want to complain about something. Try to do it semi-polite. You will prabably be heard more clearly that way.

In any other game the developers wouldn't even hear your complaint. But You are being heard. Count yourself lucky.

magicbud3344
05-29-2002, 10:35 AM
how do you hear the 2k2 music?

Birdbird_0
05-29-2002, 10:37 AM
True, you can edit almost every aspect excpet for the actual program.

And there are constant updates on the exe every three months.

magicbud3344
05-29-2002, 10:44 AM
true true

TrueHeaT
05-29-2002, 11:35 AM
It's not much. You only think it's a lot because it isn't a per-month thing. Spend the money, you'll have it back in no time.

AlexH
05-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Graal works at at roughly 2.25 a month for me. :eek:

Googi
05-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Graal is really an excellent deal. Console games are more expensive and they are nowhere near as much fun.

freddyfox
05-29-2002, 11:33 PM
If you can't afford 4.08 pounds a month in a one year subscription, then, uhh...

konidias
05-30-2002, 01:05 AM
My account has about one month left on it. I'm really not sure if I want to upgrade again. For one, it really IS just two servers since all the other stuff is free for life since I already upgraded my account once. (I think that's right anyway)

So basically if you have already upgraded long ago to play 2k1 and the p2p servers, now when the account expires, you still have access to all the non-gold servers, which is 90% of Graal's servers. I don't know about the forums, but I wish that you still had access to them.

I know I'm not going to pay 30+ dollars or whatever, just to play 2k2 and go on the forums.

IceFire_TK
05-30-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox
If you can't afford 4.08 pounds a month in a one year subscription, then, uhh...
Yes, thats great for you, as an englishmen.
But i am afraid 4.08 punds am month is like $12 Can

master-x
05-30-2002, 08:22 AM
for brazilians is almost R$100,00 :(

DarkHero2002
06-01-2002, 02:10 AM
it should go down for 1 day of like 20 bucks or 10 bucks or some crap.....

Loriel
06-01-2002, 02:36 AM
It's still the same amount of money, no? It's not as if "englishmen" would get everything cheaper...

Konidias, that's true, probably people who already have registered accounts should get the upgrade for less money.

Metal-Slug
06-01-2002, 02:39 AM
uhm, i think the prices are fine. at least we dont pay 20 bucks a month like some games ( looks at that sierra online thingy that came with some krondor/andor game i have )

IceFire_TK
06-02-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Loriel

It's still the same amount of money, no? It's not as if "englishmen" would get everything cheaper...

Konidias, that's true, probably people who already have registered accounts should get the upgrade for less money.
Yes previously upgraded accounts should get a $5-$10 discount

nyghtGT
06-02-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Pith

but everquest is like 10 times better k
opinions may vary on that issue...

Crono Illusion
06-03-2002, 02:09 AM

Fun fact: Vermain is located in Canada, much like yourself.