PDA

View Full Version : Ways to improve the Trade NPCW

Zulithe
05-16-2001, 08:58 PM
The trade NPCW is VERY VERY COOL, I LOVE IT but there are some ways to improve it. Here is one of them...

When you select an item it should tell the name of the item. If it is an item you can carry multiples of (like fish, apples, seeds, what have you) it should tell the amount.

Here is a mock-up image I have created as an example.

Also I think we should be able to trade axes. And it should tell what percent the axe is at. Like "Gold Axe (77%)" etc

http://home.kc.rr.com/zulithe/tradeEDIT.png

Aknts
05-17-2001, 06:26 AM
I LOVE THAT IDEA I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING

Munkey
05-17-2001, 12:43 PM
Great idea.

Psyker
05-18-2001, 10:07 AM
I thought of that too!

Zulithe
05-20-2001, 07:13 PM
It appears that Stefan has implemented that idea already! Pretty fast! Any more ideas?

aran_lesai
05-24-2001, 05:17 PM
I think the Trade NPCW should be integrated into the other trade function (where you have to push S and then A to cycle through), so that you wouldn't have to push those keys. Give players the trade NPCW when they start, and include the other stuff, like money, sword, shield, hearts, etc., on that list. And then do away with that other way of giving. It would be more fun and efficient that way. Kinda reminds me of Secret of Mana! Some items would have to be un-tradeable, of course, like the higher swords and shields, and certain quest items. Also, the tailor npc should be included at the start, so you can change your colors outside of the start house, like on the other servers. This has really bugged me. All the other servers at least have some form of color changing, although that needs to be incorporated into the game and standardized like some of the commands, like setnick and sethead, because on 4 different servers, there are 4 different ways to change colors. Sorry for getting off the subject. when I get an idea, I tend to expound on it. What do y'all think?