PDA

View Full Version : Magic!

GryffonDurime
05-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Oi....we need magic for those of us who want to play the part of the magician....but magic should be able to be reflected by magic. Say Wizard A( Named Xain) launches a fireball at Wizard B (Nicholas). Assuming Wizard B has at least double the magic power of Wizard A, he can reflect it back with his staff. if not, he can launch his own fireball to bounce A's. But let's put two magic users of different styles against each other: Meteor Caller (Tupper) vs only Priest of Mytri (Gryffon, ME!) Tupper summons a giant fireball, Gryffon conjures a powerful shield. No matter what is tried, a battle between two people of the same level of talent, even of different schools of magic, unless elemental, will usually result in a draw, meaning that mages and clerics wouldn't be omnipotent

Python523
05-28-2002, 12:03 PM
I think they have magic but the only 'magic' I've seen are the fire and ice arrows
BTW: The gani for those looks messed, it looks like the arm dislocates just to fire it

freddyfox
05-28-2002, 12:51 PM
I wrote up a great system, like, 3 times in the future improvements forum.

Ghost Pirate
05-28-2002, 01:19 PM
I hope dark magic while also be around
like raising a very limited amount of skeleton warriors, and curses >=)
But all and all I hope the magic will look good and work well

BeZeRkEr
05-28-2002, 04:05 PM
sounds like diablo2 necromancer
get one of those in cow level with 30 cows and its lag fest x.x
especially bone wall necros.. thats laggy like hell

adam
05-29-2002, 12:44 AM
I sincerely hope they were holding back the "real" magic they have! Ice and Fire Arrows are magic weapons. That doesn't make them magic.....

TheFrozenFiend
05-29-2002, 03:19 AM
Magic = Fun
Magic = Super Fun if done right.

They should have types of magic to learn.
-Fire
-Water
-Earth
-Holy
-Dark
-Thunder
-Gravity

You shouldnt be able to have them all though. You should be able to learn.
-1 Primary
-1 Secondary

You should then be able to decide what area of each to learn in
-Offensive
-Defensive
-Status Effects

eg.
Primary - Offensive Water
Secondary - Holy Status Effects

or another example.

Primary - Thunder Defensive
Secondary - Thunder Offensive

This was magic can be more character based.
If you are spawned from hell then you arent going to have magic like defensive holy.

konidias
05-29-2002, 09:56 AM
I believe Stefan said he was working on a magic system, so let's not start jumping to conclusions like the whole zormite shield incident.

magicbud3344
05-29-2002, 11:16 AM
zormite shiled 0_o?

GryffonDurime
05-30-2002, 01:43 AM
Excuse me, my character is a Demon from Hell, and he happens to be the last of an Order known as the Priests of Mytri.