PDA

View Full Version : Beking KO'd


adam
05-28-2002, 08:51 AM
I think instead of dying when a player reach's 0 health they should be KO'd. It would make vastly more sense. And when that happens. We should be able to drag them around for a short period of time. Or other things.

That way we could litterally drag thieves out of the mines and such.

And being KO'd is less violent and makes more sense than dying and respawning millions of times.

LilNiglet
05-28-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by adam
I think instead of dying when a player reach's 0 health they should be KO'd. It would make vastly more sense. And when that happens. We should be able to drag them around for a short period of time. Or other things.

That way we could litterally drag thieves out of the mines and such.

And being KO'd is less violent and makes more sense than dying and respawning millions of times.

Nice. Gets my vote.

Valder
05-28-2002, 10:03 AM
I don't like the idea of being dragged around, but maybe they can be knocked out long enough for you to finish mining the rock.

adam
05-28-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Valder
I don't like the idea of being dragged around, but maybe they can be knocked out long enough for you to finish mining the rock.

Im talking mass takover of the mine deal.

a group of people throw thieves *or those they don't like* out of the mine. and only let those they like in!

har har.



Well something like that.

It would make it possible to take somebody prisoner.
Which is all good and fun in rp situations. as long as it doesn't go overboard.

Tyhm
05-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Yeah - and you don't come back with full health, you come back with 1 health. Meaning you're stuck until they let off or someone comes to your rescue.

And if you don't like it you can unstick...it should be more of a punishment than that, but oh well. I guess it is inconvenient. Maybe when you unstick you randomly drop a board, a bread, something not that crucial that you have plenty of.

GryffonDurime
05-28-2002, 11:54 AM
I think AP should also effect it- or mabey give some of the mages a Revification spell. But it can only be used on others.

Tyhm
05-28-2002, 12:13 PM
I dunno, AP doesn't go down yet

Ghost Pirate
05-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Get KO'd at 1 HP drag em around....or kill em and still drag em around untill a player says respawn (must wait a min or so till he can do this)
also death should leave ya with just 5hp when you respawn


Maybe when spell casting comes out a raise dead spell could revive the dead player that hasn't respawned yet...and the spell will restore his life to 10hp.

Tyhm
05-28-2002, 02:12 PM
Heh, naw, you die at 0 HP, you revive when your HP returns to something over 0...and you can go up to like -20 HP.
You can be dragged while unconcious (automatically follow anyone who does the dragging), and if a Dark Mage hits you with Raise Dead, you come back at abs(HP), with your HP slowly DEcreasing, and you're a zombie attacking everyone except those on your master's tag - so if Necromancer Vlad Tepes (Dustari) hits a player with -20 HP, he gets a 20 HP Zombie attacking all non-Dustari in the area until it dies. Then the victim can recover normally.

Makes bread more important too. Don't hold your breath though, this isn't all easy stuff. Just starting with 1 HP would be enough to start with...

BeZeRkEr
05-28-2002, 04:03 PM
i remember in the game diablo the people had to wait for someone to come use a scroll or something to bring the corpse back to life
i haven't played that game in a long time
i like the tristram music from diablo games :(

adam
05-29-2002, 12:38 AM
This is gonna be awesome!

konidias
05-30-2002, 02:27 AM
I think it would be a pain in the ass honestly.

What about the people that are trying to make a decent living mining rocks? Some group of thieves come up and kill him, laugh at him and drag him around while they steal your rock. Isn't that just making the situation worse? Plus if death becomes that annoying, people will be trying to kill eachother all the time. Some people get their enjoyment on Graal by annoying others whether it be stealing their crafting iron, hitting them all the time, steal their rocks, etc.

Whatever they can do to piss you off, they will do. That is why this would just add to the annoyance.

Tyhm
05-30-2002, 05:20 AM
So there would be more of a need for mine guards.

adam
05-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
So there would be more of a need for mine guards.


Exactly!

There are always gonna be good guys and bad guys.

Yeah there is a chance that some thieves could break in and takeover the mines. All the more need for gaurds to prevent such a takeover!

Ghost Pirate
05-30-2002, 12:28 PM
It be good for kingdoms too...instead of a player having to roleplay dragging the person like on 2k1 we can really do it >=)

I like this dragging people idea >=)

Metal-Slug
05-30-2002, 09:09 PM
i like the idea, but it should just be role played that way.

like in karate tournaments on the server, it is ring out, but if you KO someone your in trouble

Tyhm
05-31-2002, 12:30 AM
Another option - Mortal Kombat style.

When you can't take another hit, you just stand there and wobble - maybe when you're at 0 HP. If they hit you, you die. If they leave you alone, you pass out until you recover the strength to get back up. Or something.

Amagius
05-31-2002, 01:04 AM
I like the idea, but as said before, it some peope go on Graal just to piss you off. Also, it should only be role-played.

BlKnight
05-31-2002, 05:28 AM
It should just be roleplayed or whataver that the person passes out instead of dieing, none of this dragging or ****.

And the idea that you wobble and they can killy ou is stupid, idiotic, it completly defeats the purpose of having being koed instead of dead. I think the kills and deaths should be changed though to something else like "victories" and "defeats" on the profile.

Metal-Slug
05-31-2002, 05:56 AM
i like thyms idea

FATALITY

haunter
05-31-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Another option - Mortal Kombat style.

When you can't take another hit, you just stand there and wobble - maybe when you're at 0 HP. If they hit you, you die. If they leave you alone, you pass out until you recover the strength to get back up. Or something.

YEah, but once you pass out/fall you shouldn't be able to get hurt until you get back up, because you could be passed out, and some newbie or something comes along and throws a pebble at your head and you would die. and he would get the kill.. ;P

adam
05-31-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by haunter


YEah, but once you pass out/fall you shouldn't be able to get hurt until you get back up, because you could be passed out, and some newbie or something comes along and throws a pebble at your head and you would die. and he would get the kill.. ;P


:rolleyes:

Tyhm
05-31-2002, 01:38 PM
*sighs* Dude, kills and deaths aren't counted on G2K2 anyway.

I think there should still be death - death by execution, at which point you have to create a new character (in appearance) who finds your corpse and raids it to get your stuff, and who somehow also has your skills. Otherwise, I mean, dying in a streetfight isn't really glorious...you get knocked out by an angry PKer, wake up when he's gone and continue on your way.

thomasward
06-04-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
And if you don't like it you can unstick...it should be more of a punishment than that, but oh well. I guess it is inconvenient. Maybe when you unstick you randomly drop a board, a bread, something not that crucial that you have plenty of.

But what happens if there is a faulty link or you get somehow stuck in the walls or something? You lose something for nothing.

adam
06-04-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by thomasward


But what happens if there is a faulty link or you get somehow stuck in the walls or something? You lose something for nothing.


unstick me is there for the sole reason that no world is perfect. It will always be possible to get stuck somewhere.

It is not there just so you can get warped back to the unstick me place.


unstick me is definitely an abused command...

Juron Pilo
06-04-2002, 10:03 PM
when the rp system was down... it became practically nessecary for some people... so shuddap

Tyhm
06-05-2002, 06:54 AM
Simple. You can't lay a board if you're walled, so you don't lay a board if you unstick when walled.

Juron Pilo
06-05-2002, 10:36 AM
I dunno what I think on this issue... benefits everyway and it seems like alot of work when we should be focusing on the 100 other improvements coming out...