PDA

View Full Version : Stick with pixel art or go with psp7 for overworld gfx?


weirdpikachu2
05-28-2002, 12:47 AM
Well, after a while of experimenting with both, it comes inclusive to me on which style to use for overworld graphics. I used to think pixel art was the only way, but then after i saw Graal2k2's palm tree graphic, it didn't quite stun me to be pixel art, yet it still looked very well done and fit its surroundings. I also made a small fun palm tree graphic recently and I think it looks fairly well, although i still plan to edit it to make it look smoother on the sides for better fitting. I think i possibly could have made something similar in MS Paint, but although it's less organized than pixel art, it's still rather quick and efficient for graphics if you know how to use it. This leaves me to attach the palm tree graphic... steal it and... well, just dont steal it ;)

GraalBR
05-28-2002, 12:57 AM
Pretty good m8 doesnt go with graal though but still pretty good

Redwizard
05-28-2002, 01:12 AM
i made these in psp5. i am sticking to this tool no matter waht.

WHIPENIE4
05-28-2002, 02:12 AM
I should start learning how to do stuff in psp 7, hmm ne one know ne tutorials?

weirdpikachu2
05-28-2002, 02:39 AM
dont use tutorials. learning by yourself is the only way you can be sure not to become too dependant

haunter
05-29-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2
dont use tutorials. learning by yourself is the only way you can be sure not to become too dependant

Ya, Just play around with it (PhotoShop 6 r better :-X)

Tin Man
05-29-2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2
Well, after a while of experimenting with both, it comes inclusive to me on which style to use for overworld graphics. I used to think pixel art was the only way, but then after i saw Graal2k2's palm tree graphic, it didn't quite stun me to be pixel art, yet it still looked very well done and fit its surroundings. I also made a small fun palm tree graphic recently and I think it looks fairly well, although i still plan to edit it to make it look smoother on the sides for better fitting. I think i possibly could have made something similar in MS Paint, but although it's less organized than pixel art, it's still rather quick and efficient for graphics if you know how to use it. This leaves me to attach the palm tree graphic... steal it and... well, just dont steal it ;)

I say use both. I like using Paint from making the outlines for my graalish graphics and then tuch it up and color it in PSP.

heres an example:

azuretek23
05-29-2002, 07:56 AM
well I say use tutorials to learn how to use things and how they work and what kind of things you can do but then modify and then make your own stuff :)

because if you start without knowin anything you are just gona make crap for like a year :)

weirdpikachu2
05-30-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by azuretek23
well I say use tutorials to learn how to use things and how they work and what kind of things you can do but then modify and then make your own stuff :)

because if you start without knowin anything you are just gona make crap for like a year :)

yeah, but after that year, you've learned from all your mistakes (like i did) lol :)