PDA

View Full Version : Vikings

Discharge
05-27-2002, 11:40 AM
Well this pop up in my mind, how does a Viking kingdom or sub-kingdom sound? It would be fun and we could do research on Viking History and do little seiges and what not, no? Just think about people well ya?

You may now bash me with your insults and mean ideas against me -> ;)

Kohojogo
05-27-2002, 08:04 PM
I had same idear for some time ago :) Vikings are cool :D

AlexH
05-27-2002, 08:05 PM
I'd prefer mole people. :)

I still hope we have the option to be nomads on 2k2.

Griffyn
05-27-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by AlexH
I'd prefer mole people. :)

I still hope we have the option to be nomads on 2k2.
I STILL know the organization for you...

GryffonDurime
05-27-2002, 09:41 PM
My ancestors on my mother's side are part Viking.

Discharge
05-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Allright, good, seems like its good idea. Now who wants to create it? :p

Zurkiba
05-28-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Discharge
Well this pop up in my mind, how does a Viking kingdom or sub-kingdom sound? It would be fun and we could do research on Viking History and do little seiges and what not, no? Just think about people well ya?

You may now bash me with your insults and mean ideas against me -> ;)
If you was to make it... It would be too much like the celts...
And there are two types of Vikings... Normandy or Denmark/Norse.

Thak2
05-28-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

And there are two types of Vikings... Normandy or Denmark/Norse.

If you are categorizing the Vikings by area, they came from much more areas then just Denmark and Normandy.

Kohojogo
05-28-2002, 05:11 PM
Real Vikings are from Denmark!!! RAWR!!! DENMARK RULE!!!
(yes i'm from Denamrk ;)) If there gonna be a Viking kingdom/tribe, then it should be from scandinaven.

Birdbird_0
05-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Yeuh, Ze Vikins are a guod Idea.

magicbud3344
05-29-2002, 05:28 AM
if bird says good you know it is good =D
and you must admit anything will be better than rome

Discharge
05-29-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
if bird says good you know it is good =D
and you must admit anything will be better than rome

Depends, you see in G2k1 there was helmets (hats) of Roman style and tiles for the buildings. And Roman Bodies could be made easily. However, in G2k2 everything is medieval. There is not one shread of Roman influence in G2k2 so it would impossible to role play as a Roman. :o

magicbud3344
05-29-2002, 07:16 AM
WELL THEN FOR GOD SAKES YOU AND YOUR MEN TAKE YOUR DAM TAGS OFF!

Discharge
05-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
fine it sucks there,
damn you guys should start a hate vamp fan club WTF.......

Kohojogo
05-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Vikings would fit better in to the medieval style at 2K2.

Flamingblaze
05-29-2002, 07:56 PM
Someone make ninja ppl k

Zurkiba
05-30-2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
My ancestors on my mother's side are part Viking.
We're all part viking... Because the Vikings ruled all of Europe O_o... They lived in Russia, Norse, France, Normandy, ENGLAND, Iceland, Greenland, Italy, Egypt, Israel, America... All had Vikings in them...

But Zurkiba the Impaler is influnced by Romania :D...

Pith
05-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Flamingblaze
Someone make ninja ppl k

Discharge
05-31-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Flamingblaze
Someone make ninja ppl k

You can be a ninja in Samurai, K.

kevy
06-11-2002, 08:54 PM

We're all part viking... Because the Vikings ruled all of Europe O_o... They lived in Russia, Norse, France, Normandy, ENGLAND, Iceland, Greenland, Italy, Egypt, Israel, America... All had Vikings in them...

But Zurkiba the Impaler is influnced by Romania :D...

woo IN YOUR FACE ANTI-ROMANS!

Zurkiba
06-11-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by kevy

woo IN YOUR FACE ANTI-ROMANS!
Atleast the Vikings fell because they became more modern and became Christian.... Rome was conquered by un organized Germanic Tribes :D

ghostsamurai
06-13-2002, 04:03 AM
graal needs barbarian tribes that fight against the orcs in constant battles :)

Discharge
06-13-2002, 07:01 AM

Atleast the Vikings fell because they became more modern and became Christian.... Rome was conquered by un organized Germanic Tribes :D

Whoa fella, thats some in-correct history, the Vikings were not as civilize as the Romans. It took many years for euorpe to return to a more civilize era. Its why they called the middle ages the "Dark Ages." Rome fell because it was cut into two. They moved the captial to the eastern and all the trading went. Eastern Roman Empire survive [Can't remember the actualy spelling.(Byzantine )]The Western Empire fell to the Germanic tribes.

ghostsamurai
06-13-2002, 10:42 AM

Whoa fella, thats some in-correct history, the Vikings were not as civilize as the Romans. It took many years for euorpe to return to a more civilize era. Its why they called the middle ages the "Dark Ages." Rome fell because it was cut into two. They moved the captial to the eastern and all the trading went. Eastern Roman Empire survive [Can't remember the actualy spelling.(Byzantine )]The Western Empire fell to the Germanic tribes. and a few years later, the Byzantines fell to the Ottomans :)

Discharge
06-13-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ghostsamurai
and a few years later, the Byzantines fell to the Ottomans :)

And then the Ottoman empire falls too.

Zurkiba
06-13-2002, 11:03 AM

Whoa fella, thats some in-correct history, the Vikings were not as civilize as the Romans. It took many years for euorpe to return to a more civilize era. Its why they called the middle ages the "Dark Ages." Rome fell because it was cut into two. They moved the captial to the eastern and all the trading went. Eastern Roman Empire survive [Can't remember the actualy spelling.(Byzantine )]The Western Empire fell to the Germanic tribes.
#1 I never said they were as civilized as the Romans O_o... I stated that the Viking fall was the CAUSE of the modernization and cilivation of the Normandy Vikings. The Vikings always attacked the Franks, The Franks paid them off but the Vikings came back for more... therefore the Franks gave the Vikings the providence of Normandy... From there the Vikings made a new language, converted to Christianity, and soon lost every Norse cultural knowledge. From there the Normans conquered England and other surrounding nations.

And It is true... The Vikings were more civilized then the Romans at the end. The United State's Court system was made by the Vikings, English was influnced by the Vikings, nearly everything in America's start... was influnced by the Vikings. Rome didn't have an impact on the world more then the Vikings did.

And Rome fell to Visi-goths from Germania.... not because of a split... The Split did weaken the Western Empire... but it didn't make it fall.

And then the Ottoman empire falls too.
Ottoman Empire fell durning/after World War 1... which is a LONG time for a nation to survive... since the dawn of Rome (Empire) to the start of World War One.

ghostsamurai
06-13-2002, 11:11 AM

Ottoman Empire fell durning/after World War 1... which is a LONG time for a nation to survive... since the dawn of Rome (Empire) to the start of World War One. because the ottomans did practically nothing for the longest time, any sort of big war would have crushed them :)

Zurkiba
06-13-2002, 11:30 AM
because the ottomans did practically nothing for the longest time, any sort of big war would have crushed them :)
They had the greatest government too :)
They offered freedom to both Male and Female, had great economics, everything... I would say that they were the greatest nation to ever live O_o...

They were the true bringers of Freedom before America showed up. They had a complete Monarchist Democracy (I think) and wore big turbans :D

Discharge
06-13-2002, 11:34 AM

#1 I never said they were as civilized as the Romans O_o... I stated that the Viking fall was the CAUSE of the modernization and cilivation of the Normandy Vikings. The Vikings always attacked the Franks, The Franks paid them off but the Vikings came back for more... therefore the Franks gave the Vikings the providence of Normandy... From there the Vikings made a new language, converted to Christianity, and soon lost every Norse cultural knowledge. From there the Normans conquered England and other surrounding nations.

And It is true... The Vikings were more civilized then the Romans at the end. The United State's Court system was made by the Vikings, English was influnced by the Vikings, nearly everything in America's start... was influnced by the Vikings. Rome didn't have an impact on the world more then the Vikings did.

And Rome fell to Visi-goths from Germania.... not because of a split... The Split did weaken the Western Empire... but it didn't make it fall.

Ok well be more clear and im glad you were mature enough not to cuss. Anyhows Rome had a MAJOR effect on the world. The US goverment was indeed greatly influenced by the Roman republic since Rome was the first nation to practice a republican form of goverment. Our english language and most all of the euro countries our based on Latin. And today Roman desendents are every where, including me XD

MalakSylv
06-13-2002, 06:24 PM
There's no such thing as a VIKING KINGDOM, damnit. You can't walk around with a tag called (Viking Kingdom). You've got to think up a cool name for it, and then specify that they are Nordic or whatever. And if you have the idea, just make it. You'll never get the Kingdom if you just sit here saying how cool it would be. :/

Zurkiba
06-13-2002, 09:57 PM
Ok well be more clear and im glad you were mature enough not to cuss. Anyhows Rome had a MAJOR effect on the world. The US goverment was indeed greatly influenced by the Roman republic since Rome was the first nation to practice a republican form of goverment. Our english language and most all of the euro countries our based on Latin. And today Roman desendents are every where, including me XD
Romans helped to make old english... Vikings helped to make the modern new english. I have no Roman blood in me... I have Celtic blood... the blood that turned the Romans around. I think I was pretty clear in there.

And to the other guy who said there was no such thing as a Viking Kingdom... there was... the Vikings weren't just all "lets go kill this because we are tribal beast".

The Vikings had one of the bests economics, without the Vikings there would be no Russia, there would be no Denmark, Normandy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland.

The Norse Vikings were civilized as they estabilished The Denmark Kingdom (a spand of Denmark and Sweden, including Greenland, Iceland, Alaska)

I've studied Vikings too much and I know about them :) so there is no need to argue.

People think too highly of the Romans... they had little effect on the world. I myself know latin and the only language that even comes CLOSE to latin... (besides Italian) is Spanish, the first state to be conquered by the Romans. Even though the Spanish language is still differnt from Latin. There are few english words in latin (Intro(enter), Vir(man), vehicula(carraige), etc).

And just to add... The Dark Ages were before the Middle Ages.
The Middle Ages were in the middle of the Dark Ages and the Renaissance. (Dark Age < Middle Age < Renaissance < Imperal < Industrial < Atomic)

draygin
06-13-2002, 10:49 PM

Romans helped to make old english... Vikings helped to make the modern new english. I have no Roman blood in me... I have Celtic blood... the blood that turned the Romans around. I think I was pretty clear in there.

And to the other guy who said there was no such thing as a Viking Kingdom... there was... the Vikings weren't just all "lets go kill this because we are tribal beast".

The Vikings had one of the bests economics, without the Vikings there would be no Russia, there would be no Denmark, Normandy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland.

The Norse Vikings were civilized as they estabilished The Denmark Kingdom (a spand of Denmark and Sweden, including Greenland, Iceland, Alaska)

I've studied Vikings too much and I know about them :) so there is no need to argue.

People think too highly of the Romans... they had little effect on the world. I myself know latin and the only language that even comes CLOSE to latin... (besides Italian) is Spanish, the first state to be conquered by the Romans. Even though the Spanish language is still differnt from Latin. There are few english words in latin (Intro(enter), Vir(man), vehicula(carraige), etc).

And just to add... The Dark Ages were before the Middle Ages.
The Middle Ages were in the middle of the Dark Ages and the Renaissance. (Dark Age < Middle Age < Renaissance < Imperal < Industrial < Atomic)

Actually almost all languages where derived from Latin. Aside from the asian languages. English French Spanish you name it. For example Exit is pure latin. The word Prime I could go on and on. Of course languages change and grow but that doesnt change where it origonally game from.

Discharge
06-14-2002, 05:03 AM
The Roman Empires influence on our everyday life in the United States is never ending. Rome has influenced the form of government we’ve chosen, the buildings we build, and the language we speak, read, write, and hear. One of the most apparent of Rome's continuing influence on today's society exists in the governmental structure and legal system in use in much of the western world. The Roman law as codified by Gaius during the Flavian emperors is today the basis for most European legal systems and laws. In this system, all laws are listed by crimes in one or more books. In England and the United States, a variation of the Roman law is used, called Common Law. The judgement and punishments are based on precedent, on rulings that previous judges and juries have made. Where we see Latin influence most in the legal system of the United States is in the language of the courts. The Romans bulit amazing coliseum and they built aqueducts so there people can get water pratically anywhere. Today you will see many house with the influcences of Greek/Roman art. And if it was not for the Christian Emperors, many of us in europe and pretty much every where in the world would not be in a Christian church. We would would still be practicing spells on each other or whatever or of course might be in the other popular religions around the world. Haha the Roman economy was far far superior then the Vikings who were barbarians. In the middle ages most of euorpe could not read nor write. They had to depend on the Roman Catholic churches. Rome lasted about 600 years which is alot for a HUGE empire that cover Asia, Europe and Africa. Yes celtics did have an impact on some of our languages but very little on the southern euro nations. The Ottoman empire coverd very little comapred to Rome.

Zurkiba
06-14-2002, 06:10 AM
The Roman Empires influence on our everyday life in the United States is never ending. Rome has influenced the form of government we’ve chosen, the buildings we build, and the language we speak, read, write, and hear. One of the most apparent of Rome's continuing influence on today's society exists in the governmental structure and legal system in use in much of the western world. The Roman law as codified by Gaius during the Flavian emperors is today the basis for most European legal systems and laws. In this system, all laws are listed by crimes in one or more books. In England and the United States, a variation of the Roman law is used, called Common Law. The judgement and punishments are based on precedent, on rulings that previous judges and juries have made. Where we see Latin influence most in the legal system of the United States is in the language of the courts. The Romans bulit amazing coliseum and they built aqueducts so there people can get water pratically anywhere. Today you will see many house with the influcences of Greek/Roman art. And if it was not for the Christian Emperors, many of us in europe and pretty much every where in the world would not be in a Christian church. We would would still be practicing spells on each other or whatever or of course might be in the other popular religions around the world. Haha the Roman economy was far far superior then the Vikings who were barbarians. In the middle ages most of euorpe could not read nor write. They had to depend on the Roman Catholic churches. Rome lasted about 600 years which is alot for a HUGE empire that cover Asia, Europe and Africa. Yes celtics did have an impact on some of our languages but very little on the southern euro nations. The Ottoman empire coverd very little comapred to Rome.
Never stated the Celtics had an impact on our language.

Go to any historian and ask if the Normans/Vikings had more of an impact on the world today then the Romans.

The Vikings set up the idea US Court system. BECAUSE of the Norman control over england... a new culture and language was brought into the island.

And Europe, Africa, and Asia... all lost Latin influnce. I speak Latin... if I was to go to Spain, or France... I wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about... but if I was to go to Italy... I would understand nearly every single word.

Discharge
06-14-2002, 06:24 AM

Never stated the Celtics had an impact on our language.

Go to any historian and ask if the Normans/Vikings had more of an impact on the world today then the Romans.

The Vikings set up the idea US Court system. BECAUSE of the Norman control over england... a new culture and language was brought into the island.

And Europe, Africa, and Asia... all lost Latin influnce. I speak Latin... if I was to go to Spain, or France... I wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about... but if I was to go to Italy... I would understand nearly every single word.

Indeed, go ask any historian and they will tell you Rome had a far more impact on the world in general then the Vikings.

ghostsamurai
06-14-2002, 06:33 AM
questoin for discharge: do you have any sort of creativity?
first you were a roman, then you became a spaniard, now you have this viking idea. ARE YOU EVER GIONG TO MAKE UP SOMETHING THAT YOU DIDNT STEAL FROM A HISTORY BOOK?

Brad
06-14-2002, 09:20 AM
first you were a roman, then you became a spaniard, now you have this viking idea. ARE YOU EVER GIONG TO MAKE UP SOMETHING THAT YOU DIDNT STEAL FROM A HISTORY BOOK?
Holy:
Please join my new kingdom
America

Discharge
06-15-2002, 06:42 AM

Well if you got a problem with that then too bad. Anyways I joined Rome, I never made Rome and the spaniard thing is just me in Dustari. Viking was an idea I had awhile back and now Im just happy being in Dustari as a spaniard.

-FIN-

ghostsamurai
06-15-2002, 10:36 AM

Well if you got a problem with that then too bad. Anyways I joined Rome, I never made Rome and the spaniard thing is just me in Dustari. Viking was an idea I had awhile back and now Im just happy being in Dustari as a spaniard.

-FIN- well, I think it completly destroyes the rp atmosphere when someone descides to take a place or culture from the real world and try to fit it into an already bustling rp storyline :mad:

Discharge
06-15-2002, 11:37 AM
well, I think it completly destroyes the rp atmosphere when someone descides to take a place or culture from the real world and try to fit it into an already bustling rp storyline :mad:

Well didn't the Samuaris come from history? I guess the story is mest up all ready. :o