PDA

View Full Version : New Tileset

Chaos0838
05-27-2002, 04:22 AM
Rate me new tileset please. I tried my best, and it is my first. Try to be leniant. I worked for well oer 6 hours on it.
:)

Pith
05-27-2002, 04:26 AM
it looked like u ripped of g2k2 tiles and recolored it but did a bad job and it stinks Rtaing: -1000000000000000000

WHIPENIE4
05-27-2002, 04:27 AM
Small tileset... Looks nice. maybe some other colour other then white... dont know looks pretty good.

Chaos0838
05-27-2002, 04:30 AM
Pith is just jelous cuz he cant even draw a line with Paint.
loser

Waltz5
05-27-2002, 05:12 AM
They do look ripped from 2K2.

zallus-k
05-27-2002, 07:01 AM
So, because they obvoiusly aren't, we can assume that you have the opinion that those tiles have the quality to be on 2k2... right?

nyghtGT
05-27-2002, 07:05 AM
Some of you people are just complete asses...

The layout is a lot like that of 2002, but, he made them. I do agree though they need more colour and possibly a bit more complexity.

davidpsy
05-27-2002, 09:14 AM
its ok im makeing road/downtown tiles tell me what you think

Waltz5
05-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by nyghtGT
Some of you people are just complete asses...

The layout is a lot like that of 2002, but, he made them. I do agree though they need more colour and possibly a bit more complexity.

Even the bottom pieces of the wall are the same, where they cut into the actual floor tiles X.x..... so if your calling me an ass for stating that they look like 2K2, that's my opinion and why I don't care for them.

The colors need to be changed, and they don't seem to fit together right... not smooth in the transition from piece to piece
(bottom left to left etc.)

Chaos0838
05-27-2002, 09:03 PM
Kyden isnt the ass.He just mistook my work for G2K2 work. Pith is the ass. Through yer garbage at him
:D

Chaos0838
05-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Oh and I made it with Paint. Now my mom is buyin me Photoshop so I dont have to work pixel by pixel. lol

Chaos0838
05-28-2002, 02:51 AM
Ok now I made a 2d version of it

Waltz5
05-28-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Chaos0838
Ok now I made a 2d version of it
Hmmm, it just seems like the lines between each walls, well, all of them aren't even, so the look like choppy together... it's hard to explain lol...

Were these edited from the previous ones?
If they weren't then I'll point it out on your other attachment..
If they were then put them together and post again.

BeZeRkEr
05-28-2002, 07:55 AM
badly ripped off g2k2 walls
they have everything the same
the shadow doesn't fit
meaning he just took the same block and made a wlal out of it
and he just used flip vertical
the shadows are upside down
all he did was color a few red lines
my rating.. 0
absolutely terrible job of stealing someone elses hardwork

Thak2
05-28-2002, 08:18 AM
Rate me new tileset please. I tried my best, and it is my first. Try to be leniant. I worked for well oer 6 hours on it.

Maybe it's just my eyes, but that looks really flat to me. Doesn't look like the walls are even standing up.

Looks like they are knocked over, lying on the ground.

Chaos0838
05-29-2002, 05:17 AM
Beserker = ***
He cant stand the fact that people that dont work on G2K2 can do work almost as good as it. wat a ***got.:rolleyes:

Waltz5
05-29-2002, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Thak2

Maybe it's just my eyes, but that looks really flat to me. Doesn't look like the walls are even standing up.

Looks like they are knocked over, lying on the ground.

They do!

haunter
05-29-2002, 05:43 AM
Beserker = ***
He cant stand the fact that people that dont work on G2K2 can do work almost as good as it. wat a ***got.:rolleyes:

Sorry, but those aren't even close to being as good as G2k2. Keep working on them.

haunter
05-29-2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by davidpsy
its ok im makeing road/downtown tiles tell me what you think

Eww... Way too boring.

Poogle
05-29-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Thak2

Looks like they are knocked over, lying on the ground. Yeah thats what i couldnt put my finger on the fact theres no line only rotated YOU STINK

DiabloSK
05-29-2002, 10:21 AM
i like em, except for the transition from wall to wall

good first try though

magicbud3344
05-29-2002, 10:45 AM
rip off

azuretek23
05-30-2002, 12:34 AM
that is an obvious horrible rip I think its funny he is even claiming it as his own....

Birdbird_0
05-30-2002, 12:44 AM
ITS NOT A STUPID RIP RETARDS.

It's a perspective alot of 2d games take on, oh no, graal2002 took the perspectvie of Crono Trigger! Deal with perspectives, the guy is trying something else your minds can't handle, or so it seems.

I say its okay, its not the best, a bit plain, and nothing really snazzy, and its overdone a bit I think.

Gangster88
05-30-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Birdbird_0
ITS NOT A STUPID RIP RETARDS.

It's a perspective alot of 2d games take on, oh no, graal2002 took the perspectvie of Crono Trigger! Deal with perspectives, the guy is trying something else your minds can't handle, or so it seems.

I say its okay, its not the best, a bit plain, and nothing really snazzy, and its overdone a bit I think.

Ferret:
As you said in another thread

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

azuretek23
05-30-2002, 01:58 AM
I never said he ripped it from 2k2 I said its an obvious rip maybe from somewhere else, if he was gona rip from 2k2 the tiles would fit together because he would have used the gfx in the web gifs folder not just taken a screen of it...

First he HOW DID HE MAKE A GRADIENT WITH PAINT...
Second the shading is messed up, looks like he took a piece of wall and used it...

On closer inspection it could have been pixeld but it looks more like a rip than anything, Some parts look nice and other parts it looks like someone used paint to make "shading"

3rd It looks as though transperency was used in some places to give a good shading and I belive paint does not have that feature

The reason it looks flat is because the top is just flipped to the bottom...

4th One of the walls is different than the others it dosent look copied maybe he was making a new wall of his own or somethin but did a bad job of it or maybe it is another rip from a different wall that dosent have shading

SO DONT CALL ME A RETARD *****

haunter
05-30-2002, 03:18 AM
Settle down ladies, dont get your panties in a knot

Chaos0838
05-30-2002, 04:05 AM
Ok people
This isnt a rip from any server, or game
I was talking to Albus Holy on AIM while I was making this, showing him the tiles from the first wall and so on. So you can either believe me, or kiss my ass.

WHIPENIE4
05-30-2002, 04:29 AM
First he HOW DID HE MAKE A GRADIENT WITH PAINT...
Second the shading is messed up, looks like he took a piece of wall and used it...

On closer inspection it could have been pixeld but it looks more like a rip than anything, Some parts look nice and other parts it looks like someone used paint to make "shading"

3rd It looks as though transperency was used in some places to give a good shading and I belive paint does not have that feature

The reason it looks flat is because the top is just flipped to the bottom...

4th One of the walls is different than the others it dosent look copied maybe he was making a new wall of his own or somethin but did a bad job of it or maybe it is another rip from a different wall that dosent have shading

SO DONT CALL ME A RETARD *****

First off you can make "GRADIENT WITH PAINT", 2nd if you know how to use paint you can add shading also, 3rd Ms paint does have transperency option. He obviously didn't rip it off and only did a bad job of putting it together but it was still a good effort. Oh and if he wasnt able to find transperency in Ms paint for some reason there are tons of programs that will do transperency ex: Giffy.

5th, he never called you a "RETARD *****" he called you a retard, which in your post right here we can say that you are.

DiabloSK
05-30-2002, 05:11 AM
well, graal2002 seems to be alot like RO, but i dont see any RO guys wiening, so stop ur wiening, and if you guys think your so good, let's see one of your tilesets, and remember, this was his FIRST tileset, so its obviously not gonna be amazing, so stop being so harsh with your comments, ok thx

azuretek23
05-30-2002, 05:41 AM
oh sorry I forgot a comma.... well if you did make it not so good job.... why dont you fix the shading? it makes it looked ripped from somwehre also make the bottom walls different so that it dosent look like it is laying on the floor

if you did those gradients good job I commend you on that I would never be able to do gradients like that with paint.... er maybe but good job on it..... maybe you should make all the lines orange instead of black lines and orange....

haunter
05-30-2002, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by DiabloSK
well, graal2002 seems to be alot like RO, but i dont see any RO guys wiening, so stop ur wiening, and if you guys think your so good, let's see one of your tilesets, and remember, this was his FIRST tileset, so its obviously not gonna be amazing, so stop being so harsh with your comments, ok thx

what is "wiening"?... and G2k2 is NOT like RO at all!

the first tiles i ever made ---> http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=574156

WHIPENIE4
05-30-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by DiabloSK
and if you guys think your so good, let's see one of your tilesets,

Its whining first off, and secondly here is my first attempt at a tile set.

So me and Haunter I guess have a right to critize him according to you? Since we did make a tile set.

See, it doesn't matter if you've made a tile set before it doesn't take a genious to figure out whats good or not, and everyone has thier own tastes so you can be certain in pretty much any post there is about graphics they're will be at least one person who doesn't like the others graphics.

Im not a musician yet I can still tell what is good according to me, hmm interesting.

Chaos0838
05-30-2002, 06:26 AM
Im goin to fix the bottoms as soon as I get some free time -.-
Im GAT on Odium
Gimme a break
lol

haunter
05-30-2002, 06:32 AM
Im goin to fix the bottoms as soon as I get some free time -.-
Im GAT on Odium
Gimme a break
lol

Give you a break?! If your GAT we should be critisizing(sp) twice as hard!

Chaos0838
05-30-2002, 06:35 AM
Im working on 3 projects at the same time! New Tiles, Sprites, Menu, lots of shiet!
*dies*

DiabloSK
05-30-2002, 07:16 AM
ya, i saw ur tiles shadowless, and there good, same with Whipenie4,i was targeting that comment to those other people who prolly dont even know wtf paint is.

and G2k2 and RO are soo close to being the same, its not even funny. with beginners, how do you expect them to get better if ALL you do is criticize, you need to be a little positive with em, especially the first time, or like criticize, but say keep trying ect, geez.

WHIPENIE4
05-30-2002, 07:42 AM
I guess you have a point, but if we don't tell him the truth now about how his graphics look then he'll continue making them that way.

manton
05-30-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by WHIPENIE4

Its whining first off, and secondly here is my first attempt at a tile set.

So me and Haunter I guess have a right to critize him according to you? Since we did make a tile set.

See, it doesn't matter if you've made a tile set before it doesn't take a genious to figure out whats good or not, and everyone has thier own tastes so you can be certain in pretty much any post there is about graphics they're will be at least one person who doesn't like the others graphics.

Im not a musician yet I can still tell what is good according to me, hmm interesting.

Those are really good.

WHIPENIE4
05-30-2002, 07:58 AM

Poogle
05-30-2002, 10:18 AM
Chaos your being really annoying.... The graphics suck! Get used to it or stop it by learning to draw. Its not the painting program its you.

Chaos0838
05-31-2002, 03:30 AM
Id like to see you try to make any gfx u n00b. Your probly one of those ***ass LOG members who suck balls 24/7

BeZeRkEr
05-31-2002, 03:33 AM
i've never seen poogle's graphics
and im not going to say he's good or bad
but you chaos
YOU SUCK

manton
05-31-2002, 03:36 AM
Id like to see you try to make any gfx u n00b. Your probly one of those ***ass LOG members who suck balls 24/7

His aren't great. But they are better than yours.

darkriders_p2p
05-31-2002, 03:44 AM
no he is Poogle, member of (Ass Pirates Of Graal)....no wait you were right, thats LOG!

Pith
05-31-2002, 03:49 AM
Pith is just jelous cuz he cant even draw a line with Paint.
loser
lel I draw better than you bish .try leanring how to shade loser

haunter
05-31-2002, 03:57 AM

Would you please SHUT THE HELL UP?! No one wants to hear this crap you say on the forums! It's disgusting, immature, and idiotic! NOT TO MENTION AGAINST THE RULES!

DiabloSK
05-31-2002, 05:13 AM
ya, i agree with shadowless (haunter) you asked for comments(help) so people were dissing you pretty bad, but after every bad comment, you yelled back and stuff, if someone criticizes you (helps you) use the suggestions and make ur gfx better, like seriously, dont yell back at someone for your mistake and them noticing it, fix the ****ing thing and go on with life, stop replying and dissing people back for dissing your stuff, god

WHIPENIE4
05-31-2002, 05:30 AM
I think this is when the moderators come in and delete his posts, but then there is never a gfx mod on so we'll have to stand here and listen to his bull ****.

Crimson
05-31-2002, 11:19 AM
Well he did do a poor job of coloring =D. Even if he did use the outline of the g2k2 walls. But if he hadn't and used walls that slopped like that u'll would still say he ripped them off g2k2. Is it just me or does everyone relate stuff to g2k2.

And Chaos u should try to use ur own outlines anyway anyone can take someones work and change it. But when something is truely ur work and not anything off anothers then u can set back and say "yeah i made that " =D

Minoc
06-06-2002, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by haunter

Would you please SHUT THE HELL UP?! No one wants to hear this crap you say on the forums! It's disgusting, immature, and idiotic! NOT TO MENTION AGAINST THE RULES!

Oh yes you guys spend 3 pages flaming him even to things that are unrelated to his tileset, but when he flames back he's being immature.

I think he should be given a pat on the back for attempting to do something than being brave enough to ask you to rate it.

Pith you have no room to speak... period

They aren't ripoffs of 2k2, and with a little tweaking they could be made nice.

You cant have the flat edge of the wall all around with an angle like graals though kiddo, just tile the back wall and thin the sides, and make an edge for the front, that would look better if you're going to try for something 3d like that.

--Hell Raven

HidoiSeth
06-06-2002, 06:13 AM
<DarK>
Every modification that has been stated allready I agree with.
But it looks pretty good. Kepp trying!
</DarK>

haunter
06-06-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Minoc

Oh yes you guys spend 3 pages flaming him even to things that are unrelated to his tileset, but when he flames back he's being immature.

I think he should be given a pat on the back for attempting to do something than being brave enough to ask you to rate it.

Pith you have no room to speak... period

They aren't ripoffs of 2k2, and with a little tweaking they could be made nice.

You cant have the flat edge of the wall all around with an angle like graals though kiddo, just tile the back wall and thin the sides, and make an edge for the front, that would look better if you're going to try for something 3d like that.

--Hell Raven

Where ONCE in this entire thread about his GFX huh? Tell me. Because I would like to know.

Minoc
06-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by haunter

Where ONCE in this entire thread about his GFX huh? Tell me. Because I would like to know.

Geez did you even read my post? That was one of the points you would have obtained from it.

--Hell Raven

homeless1
06-06-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by DiabloSK
ya, i saw ur tiles shadowless, and there good, same with Whipenie4,i was targeting that comment to those other people who prolly dont even know wtf paint is.

and G2k2 and RO are soo close to being the same, its not even funny. with beginners, how do you expect them to get better if ALL you do is criticize, you need to be a little positive with em, especially the first time, or like criticize, but say keep trying ect, geez.

Ok, I'd just like to know why you people think RO and G2k2 are similar...I've played both and I just dont see what your talking about...

Timpan3
06-06-2002, 10:33 PM
if he tell u they are ripped from graal2001
then dont answer liek stfu

it is ripped and
u wanted us to rate it
1/10

//Victor

Chaos0838
06-07-2002, 03:46 AM
They arent ripped off from G2K2. G2K2 didnt invent shading. I bet that 50%+ of you flaming on this thread cant make any GFX at all. So its best to keep yur mouth shut.

P.S Hell Raven owns joo

davidpsy
06-07-2002, 05:24 AM
some of you are jack asses i mean tihs guy worked hard of gfx that look like they are as good as 2002 and you say the copyed them! that makes me mad but anyway those tiles look realy good and i hope you make more maby you could make me a download building or something i like your tiles if you make anymore please show us well at least me

haunter
06-07-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Minoc

Geez did you even read my post? That was one of the points you would have obtained from it.

--Hell Raven

Sorry I phrased that wrong, or left out some words, I meant, where did you see me flaming his GFX?

haunter
06-07-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by davidpsy
some of you are jack asses i mean tihs guy worked hard of gfx that look like they are as good as 2002 and you say the copyed them! that makes me mad but anyway those tiles look realy good and i hope you make more maby you could make me a download building or something i like your tiles if you make anymore please show us well at least me

He took the outline! It's almost exactly like a re-color! He took the outline but was too lazy to do the south tiles so he spun the north tiles around... The shading isn't even that great.

homeless1
06-07-2002, 07:39 AM
Ok, I'm not going to get into flaming...I just want to know what aspects of g2k2 make it 'almost exactly the same' as RO....

Just a quick interjection:

davidpsy:
I dont think their argument is its a rip from g2k2 because its 'almost as good as it', the thing they are looking at is the similarities...more specifically how the lines just so happen to be almost exactly the same as g2k2's.

I think we can all understand why they would say that, regardless of if it is totally original or not. So look at both sides of the story, you guys, and try not to freak out over trivial stuff...lol he just wanted it rated. Although, I think that the floor tiles are recolors...but Im not going to get into the walls.