PDA

View Full Version : Swords Akimbo!

Tyhm
05-24-2002, 10:04 AM
Someone make another gani so you can hold a sword in either hand and strike with either one. ^_~

Also be cool if S was Left Hand and D was Right Hand (or vice versa), so each gani has a reverse...we can play lefties and righties, hold a shield in one hand and a sword in the other like that...

Be kinda handy if you could do it with other things too, like...um...those bread plate things...put one in as you bring one out. ^_^

AlexH
05-24-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Someone make another gani so you can hold a sword in either hand and strike with either one. ^_~

Also be cool if S was Left Hand and D was Right Hand (or vice versa), so each gani has a reverse...we can play lefties and righties, hold a shield in one hand and a sword in the other like that...

Be kinda handy if you could do it with other things too, like...um...those bread plate things...put one in as you bring one out. ^_^

I really like that idea.
Hope they add it.
Not so much the bread thing but for the swords yes.

Ghost Pirate
05-24-2002, 10:57 AM
I always was a fan of wielding duel swords

Metal-Slug
05-24-2002, 10:59 AM
well, i have once problem.....shield

AlexH
05-24-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Metal-Slug
well, i have once problem.....shield

I'm guessing shield will be an npc now like sword.
The player could choose not to use a shield and have 2 swords.

konidias
05-24-2002, 12:03 PM
I saw Er1c using the shield, when you aren't using it, you hold it to your side, and I'm guessing when you press S or D (whatever you have the shield in) and hold down the button, then it comes in front of you and you strafe around with it.

Tyhm
05-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Yeah...you can go sword and shield, or just sword and sword. If I've got two, and I equip them both, shouldn't I be able to use them both? Swing, while I'm stunned on S swing with D, double the speed, no defense at all but that's life.

adam
05-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Yeah...you can go sword and shield, or just sword and sword. If I've got two, and I equip them both, shouldn't I be able to use them both? Swing, while I'm stunned on S swing with D, double the speed, no defense at all but that's life.

Duel Wield

Oh yes that's the coolest!

haunter
05-27-2002, 12:57 AM
I wanna beable to use the torch and a sword at the same time

Tyhm
05-27-2002, 06:47 AM
I could do ganis for that easily, sword and torch, but A) it'd require the torch usually being in the left hand and B) if they won't upload Swords Akimbo, why would they upload that? =_=

Metal-Slug
05-27-2002, 07:14 AM
I could do ganis for that easily, sword and torch, but A) it'd require the torch usually being in the left hand and B) if they won't upload Swords Akimbo, why would they upload that? =_=

its not that we don't want to, its that we have other stuff to worry about. bugs, glitches, useless Taverns, climbing in trees and barrel hiding.

AlexH
05-27-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Metal-Slug

barrel hiding.

It really should hide the players nick when they hide in a barrel or up in a tree.
Otherwise they arn't really hiding to well. :(

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-27-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by konidias
I saw Er1c using the shield, when you aren't using it, you hold it to your side, and I'm guessing when you press S or D (whatever you have the shield in) and hold down the button, then it comes in front of you and you strafe around with it.
Haha, sweet!
So we could be like legionnares maybe, marching across the battlefield with our shields up

Tyhm
05-27-2002, 08:31 AM
It is that tree hiding is more important than being able to use the two swords that I have at once that concerns me....

cshank4
05-27-2002, 10:41 AM
It is that tree hiding is more important than being able to use the two swords that I have at once that concerns me....
well the tree thing will add a lot of strategy to kingdom wars, for example Kamuii sends out a ranger to scout the battle field the ranger climbs into a traa and looks out over the battle field he then gets outta the tree and reports back to Kamuii... See? Barrel hiding is useless though and I wouldnt mind wielding 2 katana blades or what not *goes Yoda-style*

Tyhm
05-27-2002, 10:53 AM
And treeclimbing wouldn't be so useless, except that you do not in fact gain any vantage by doing it. The focus remains at the bottom of the tree, unlike on the windmill.

Aestus
05-27-2002, 11:16 AM
And treeclimbing wouldn't be so useless, except that you do not in fact gain any vantage by doing it. The focus remains at the bottom of the tree, unlike on the windmill.

Eh, yes you do. Pressing the directional arrows while in a tree lets you view all of the gmap...

Tyhm
05-27-2002, 12:14 PM
Oh? That's new. (slightly copied off Clairvoyance on Classic, but what isn't?)