PDA

View Full Version : weapons/items

warp2ukew
05-24-2002, 02:38 AM
maybe make it to where different buttons pull out different things so you dont have to keep going back in your q selection

example: you press q and you can program different weapons into dif buttons (like favorites on aol or something) then when you need them just press the letter (key) and it will pop out. so you dont have to keepgoing back in q selection

Tyhm
05-24-2002, 03:44 AM
It'd be nice to set up your Auto Slots for certain areas. Like "automatically select shovel and axe when entering the map" when you're starting out, then "automatically select scythe and watering can" and "automatically select sword and pickaxe when entering mines", stuff like that.

What I want is a price list. How many boards for a rolling pin instead of "Not enough items!"

warp2ukew
05-24-2002, 09:43 AM
ya that'd be great

screen_name
05-24-2002, 09:57 AM
lol, it doesnt take much time to set your items to a pick axe or sword or what-not

:D

warp2ukew
05-24-2002, 10:04 AM
but wut if your mining and sum1 is tring to steal your rock you can just press <programmed key> and get your sword and hit them

Tyhm
05-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Fortunately, you only need one weapons slot for the pickaxe, unlike breadbaking which requires two, one for each weapon (if I had my druthers, the rolling pin would be automatic, but I don't) - pickaxe=D, sword=S, just like everyone else.

Kamaeru
05-27-2002, 08:18 PM
you can already program one item to the S button and one item to D...duh just pick the item with the button you wanna use it with stupid

adam
05-28-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Kamaeru
you can already program one item to the S button and one item to D...duh just pick the item with the button you wanna use it with stupid

Well now that we have shields it's all different.

I kinda agree with tyhm. and the other guy.

We should be able to select our combat mode NPC's and our Mining and Bread making mode npc's all at the touch of a button. selected by us. Then it sets your 2 buttons too the 2 npc's of your choice.

like hit "W" you get a sword on "s" and shield on "d" if you have it set to do that.

maybe make just w e and r for things like that.

Tyhm
05-28-2002, 10:33 AM
That sounds good...W-sword and shield (draw both)
E-pickaxe on D if you're in the mines, shovel if you're in the field, rolling pin on S and breadpan on D if you're in a bakery, tongs on D if you're in a blacksmith's

haunter
05-31-2002, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Fortunately, you only need one weapons slot for the pickaxe, unlike breadbaking which requires two, one for each weapon (if I had my druthers, the rolling pin would be automatic, but I don't) - pickaxe=D, sword=S, just like everyone else.

You should beable to hit people with the rolling pin :(

Kaimetsu
05-31-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by haunter

You should beable to hit people with the rolling pin :(

Best idea yet.

haunter
05-31-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Best idea yet.

You said it! "Hey lets start an angry mob of stay-at-home moms!" "YEAH! Grab your rolling pins ladies!"

Tyhm
05-31-2002, 01:33 PM
Question is - if I make a Rolling Pin sword, will they make it into a Level 0 sword that stuns people? Or at least a stun weapon, I can code them in my SLEEP....

Ghost Pirate
05-31-2002, 01:37 PM
Question is - if I make a Rolling Pin sword, will they make it into a Level 0 sword that stuns people? Or at least a stun weapon, I can code them in my SLEEP....

Piff that would take me 5 hours to make a level 0 sword =X

I also want to hit people with 2x4s and trout =X

Kaimetsu
05-31-2002, 02:12 PM

Take into account that G2K2's systems are a little more complicated than Classic's, but yeah, it still wouldn't be difficult.

Tyhm
05-31-2002, 02:30 PM
triggeraction stun
actionstun
figured it was universal, uh?

Kaimetsu
05-31-2002, 02:34 PM
triggeraction stun
actionstun
figured it was universal, uh?

Bear in mind that they have a completely rescripted movement and damage system. My guess would be that they send a triggeraction to the server saying that the player has swung his sword or whatever, which then checks if the player actually has the specified weapon and looks for people who'd be hit. Then they'd need to design a system for conveying status changes from hits, and work it into their movement code.

So, a little more complicated.

Tyhm
05-31-2002, 03:02 PM
*shrugs* If they can do it once...

Kaimetsu
05-31-2002, 03:46 PM
*shrugs* If they can do it once...

Yeah, I know, it won't be prohibitively difficult. I just thought I should point out the differences.