PDA

View Full Version : Trade carts

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-23-2002, 10:36 AM
I saw this on the main island, but can we load up a trade cart with numerous items, say, up to 1000 A (which is 1000 weight) and then transport them? This way we can move large amounts of wood, food or minerals for construction projects or to feed armies that are dispatched across lands.

The catch is, these transport wagons can be hijacked, and you can lose some materials.

BeZeRkEr
05-23-2002, 10:44 AM
all your ideas involving losing something
maybe someone would rather dig a hole in the ground and bury their hidden treasure. BUT SOMEONE CAN DIG IN THE MILLIONS OF SPACES AND FIND IT AND YOU LOSE SOME MATERIALS

Proxy
05-23-2002, 10:49 AM
AlexH

Both are good ideas.
Maybe the cart could be like the TNT in CT on 2k1. Where you need to pull it down from like 10 to 0 to get the stuff in it.
Maybe a select few of the minerals could fall out each time the counter reaches 0 which scatter around the cart.

BeZeRkEr
05-23-2002, 10:59 AM
you should be able to build up strength and stamina
so every time you run up and down a hill
it takes less stamina the next time
and the more stuff you carry. the stronger you get after time.

Metal-Slug
05-23-2002, 11:14 AM
i kinda like this idea, lemme improve:
1) Player pays gralat for cart
2) player can load 1000 A to the cart
3) going up hills will be better

that way we cancel out some stuff

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-23-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Metal-Slug
i kinda like this idea, lemme improve:
1) Player pays gralat for cart
2) player can load 1000 A to the cart
3) going up hills will be better

that way we cancel out some stuff
That's a good idea, and I'd like to see it happen, but I'm thinking in terms of kingdoms too.

Among the many other things we can build on 2002 (boats, houses) we should also be able to build trade carts for our kingdoms so kingdoms can trade. This way we could trade with other kingdoms effectively, and perhaps if the Samurai has 900 A of grain, Dustari can ship them 900 A of wood in return.

Enemies can only steal as much from the wagons as they can carry. I don't think they should be able to take over trade wagons because I can se we would have plenty of problems with large groups of theives running down a wagon which is kind of cheap, but they should be able to unload goods if the trade wagon is unattended.