PDA

View Full Version : To Stefan: (A possible fix to the problem with the police)

Pago
05-16-2001, 09:54 AM
Hello...

Recently, there have been a lot of comments about incidents where a Police member has used his/her powers for personal reasons, none of which comply with the rules stated in the conduct policy. The way I see it, a player shouldn't be able to play the game on a normal basis once recieving any kind of administrative power (jailing, etc). So I'm proposing a possible new RC with features that would allow Police members to monitor players' conduct without having to actually play the game. That way, personal issues don't affect the member's decisions.

Here are some of the features this RC could include:

1) A window/ field where you can view the current dialogue of selected players. Select the players to view with a copy of the player list, only with little check boxes by the players' names. The window should update with every change in dialogue, and there should be an option to keep a log of the text displayed.

2) Another window/ field that allows you to monitor toalls, and you'd be able to keep a log of either the whole conversation, or a sample of messages from a single player (so you can easily crack down on people like Twizted Juggalo who harass others over toalls)

3) Various features that allow you to see if a player might be cheating

4) The ability to block a certain player's PMing/ toalling ability for a specified amount of time. If the GP wants to ban someone Juggalo's ability to toall for a day, they can enter the amount of time, and the server would keep track of the time (even if the GP's not online).

5) The ability to jail, but only for the specified amount of time.

Again, these features would allow the GP to monitor the players' conduct without having to actually play the game, and therefore limiting any chance of personal issues affecting a Police member's decision.

fugitive316
05-16-2001, 10:01 AM
Great idea , Pago.

You should also email that to Stefan.

Munkey
05-16-2001, 10:27 AM
I must agree, that is a good idea. although it's basicly an upgrade to the rc's that are allready around.

BrianDAPenguin
05-20-2001, 07:44 AM
I had an idea just like that a while ago, except you could hit a button and play as a charactor in a little window =) (the chara would be a funny little guy unlike humans and bomys)