PDA

View Full Version : Storing wood, minerals and grain

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-23-2002, 06:09 AM
When the main isle or kingdoms are released, we need some sort of storage system for wood, grain and minerals. People should be able to get a large sum of these and take it to their kingdom to store it (this would work similar to the pie or bread in store in Harmonia, I suppose.)

The trick is is that it can be vulnerable. If you are able, you should be able to penetrate these wood, grain and minerals storage facilities and burn them. You would lose at least 15% of your stored items but you could lose up to 30%.

BirdBirdP2P
05-23-2002, 06:41 AM
sounds cool

Tyhm
05-23-2002, 07:21 AM
Yeah man, that'd be shweet....
all things wood - take damage from axe
all things stone - take damage from pickaxe
Iron would be largely invulnerable, but impossible to use as a building material - only stuff designed offline can be made of iron, like The Villain's Tower...imagine if it was made of stone and you chopped it down with a pickaxe! ^_^

user13-xo
05-23-2002, 09:21 AM
nice idea but wouldnt knocking down the towers then stealing the wood or corn and bringing back to their own kingdom be even better?

Tyhm
05-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Naturally.

When the kingdom islands go up, have a Stock Market. Literally. You sell your stock (items) for the local currency - since corn won't last forever anyway, sell it at the Dustari market for 100 Dustari Coins. When you go back to the main world, buy 5 Gold Ingots with all your Dustari Coins...but the stock market cannot generate its own stock, so the value will fluxuate, you see. The Dustari market could get overinflated so that 100 Coins is equal to 5 Samurai Zennie, stuff like that.

Robbing the stock market would be horrible for the Dustari Economy, as it would make everything much more rare, and therefore more expensive...so it would be heavily fortified...most attacks would go against the Dustari walls and castle. ^_^

Metal-Slug
05-23-2002, 07:04 PM
thym, i said something like this to stefan but he didnt like it. i said that we should have stores ( 2 or 3 around the island ). and each store could sell 1 or 2 things to start, and buy anything and resale it......

Tyhm
05-24-2002, 03:54 AM
Just have more Trading Shops that trade more heavy and perishable things for more light things. Don't even sweat robbing them yet.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-24-2002, 05:58 AM
My words are kind of being twisted, although it's an offspring of my original idea.

Naturally, before any kingdom decides to embark on an infrastructure project of any kind, they need the resources to build what they want. You won't plan to build houses when you don't have wood, it's just stupid. All I would like to see are buildings that store mass amounts of grain, wood and minerals for future use. They can be withdrawn by certain people and deposited by all. Besides, do you really expect us to carry around 15 000 A of wood, or hide it somewhere safe?

Sir_Gareth
05-24-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Naturally.

When the kingdom islands go up, have a Stock Market. Literally. You sell your stock (items) for the local currency - since corn won't last forever anyway, sell it at the Dustari market for 100 Dustari Coins. When you go back to the main world, buy 5 Gold Ingots with all your Dustari Coins...but the stock market cannot generate its own stock, so the value will fluxuate, you see. The Dustari market could get overinflated so that 100 Coins is equal to 5 Samurai Zennie, stuff like that.

Robbing the stock market would be horrible for the Dustari Economy, as it would make everything much more rare, and therefore more expensive...so it would be heavily fortified...most attacks would go against the Dustari walls and castle. ^_^

THATS WHA I SAID TO STEFAN TOO BUT..
You could buy stocks in businesses like Selling Flutes and atuff and you can buy stocks in those stores and every time someoes buys something yout stock does up 1 point which equils 1/4 of a gralat..if someone doesnt buy something from that store it goes down 1 point..
its better on my txt frmat ill post in a bit