PDA

View Full Version : We demand!

konidias
05-21-2002, 09:05 PM
Well.. ... I demand... that players could build houses. I think that would be awesome. But not like make houses in the level editor.. more like actually making the house online.

Since the houses are graphic npcs anyway, it wouldn't be that difficult. The players could use wood and stuff and slowly build a house or something. Then some level would be linked to it, perhaps a premade inside level that gets assigned to that house after it's finished through an npc check.

Then the player could build furniture or buy it, and start adding stuff to their house.. it would also be nice if you could store stuff in it, maybe in a chest like in some of the houses currently on 2k2. Since the weight thing will actually affect the players later on I guess.

konidias
05-21-2002, 09:08 PM
I just suggested this since it would give people something to do besides questing and working.

I think owning actual things on the server is great. (probably why bomy pets were so popular back when they walked around on the server)

Owning 5 billion gems and a million tools and all that isn't all that great since people can't really see that you own that stuff at any time. Yet if you owned a house, or a horse, or a raft or something, it would feel like you have accomplished more.

I know there will be other stuff to do, but just like with 2k1, minigames, pking, and working gets boring.

BirdBirdP2P
05-21-2002, 10:19 PM
Yes i agree that would be great horses and security guard to keep away thiefs and stuff

Spanko
05-21-2002, 10:32 PM
The only real problem would be the handling of the insides of houses, that is if we would be using a seperate level for the insides. Thugh that would be easily solved if Stefan would just add a nice little clientside command along the lines of "hideplayer2 index,time" since you could easily then make a script which checks which house people entered.

van_01
05-21-2002, 10:35 PM
I like that idea.
Basically for the people who have already finished or just dont want to do the quests.

Proxy
05-21-2002, 10:38 PM
AlexH

Sounds nice. We should be able to build things like hosue, boats, catapults for invading kingdoms.

draygin
05-21-2002, 11:57 PM
That would be really cool. I could make me a log cabin deep in the woods. =D Building stuff in a game would be alot of fun and give us something to do.

TDO2000
05-22-2002, 02:22 AM
reminds me on some UO Servers where are houses around everywhere. SO if everyone got his own house the server could get filled up very fast

Tyhm
05-22-2002, 02:39 AM
Simple. Add decay and uniqueness. As time progresses, your house un-builds itself until the land's free again. If you have a house, you're not allowed to make another, so there would only be, at most, as many houses as active players.

Proxy
05-22-2002, 02:41 AM
AlexH

If it were to decay we should be able to repair it instead of letting it die and disapear. Also we should be able to build our own furniture for it and place it as we wish.

Tyhm
05-22-2002, 02:45 AM
Well, naturally. But if you don't repair your house for a month, don't expect it to be there when you return! ^_^

Proxy
05-22-2002, 02:50 AM
AlexH

Also people should be able to attack it and destroy it. However this would need to be made some way so that it can only be done when the house owner is online so he can defend it. Maybe like when it gets attacked depending on the location of the house ot other houses, towns, the house owner would get a message about it being attacked with all those factors effecting the time the message takes to come to you.

Sir_Gareth
05-22-2002, 03:08 AM
Dont demand things when there already is :)
There is a place where you can build houses,
just not on the main start island so just wait :)

Minoc
05-22-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by TDO2000
reminds me on some UO Servers where are houses around everywhere. SO if everyone got his own house the server could get filled up very fast
On the original shards there are no places to place houses any more :P Well maybe 1 or 2 on the small shards :|

Proxy
05-22-2002, 03:13 AM
AlexH

I liked UO. But its a bit expensive.
I found a server I could play for free but then I lost the address :(

Minoc
05-22-2002, 04:03 AM
The original shards are the best, and usually on free shards there aren't many people.

Jin2
05-22-2002, 04:31 AM
You will be able to build a house, but the inside will be random. You geto customize it though, like lights,etc.

Metal-Slug
05-22-2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Well.. ... I demand... that players could build houses. I think that would be awesome. But not like make houses in the level editor.. more like actually making the house online.

Since the houses are graphic npcs anyway, it wouldn't be that difficult. The players could use wood and stuff and slowly build a house or something. Then some level would be linked to it, perhaps a premade inside level that gets assigned to that house after it's finished through an npc check.

Then the player could build furniture or buy it, and start adding stuff to their house.. it would also be nice if you could store stuff in it, maybe in a chest like in some of the houses currently on 2k2. Since the weight thing will actually affect the players later on I guess.

again, if would have come on during "Ghost Era", you could see me and er1c working and things like this ^_^

Sir_Gareth
05-22-2002, 05:19 AM
Yah it wast working for a while though Pir, Stefan had to fix a command in the script, and on the Npc Server

Tyhm
05-22-2002, 05:24 AM
In a perfect world, an NPC of the player would run out to defend its house when the player hisself logs off inside his house...

feivel
05-22-2002, 06:19 AM
Yeah but being limited to a small area is no fun, would would be good is if all over the player island it was really really huge and you could buy land and build on it,
and once again I think this is an Idea that just about everyone has had, but someone finally demanded it lol!

DeathChill
05-22-2002, 07:47 AM
Yeah house building's already scripted..Er1c did it AWHILE ago. Me and him built a house together ;)

Yushiwa
05-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Well, it's a great idea. But the only problem would be the lag and the server would go so slow it could possibly come to the conclusion of having to shut down for a while.

I could be wrong. But everyone would be building houses and it would cause lag-o-rama and it would take up too much space.

But yet again, great idea.

Poogle
05-22-2002, 10:04 AM
would this be in a certian area that the house didnt last long? cuse think of how much room that would take!

Tyhm
05-22-2002, 11:40 AM
Maybe you can only build in a clearing on your kingdom island. Then if the rest of the kingdom needs your house to be somewhere else, they can build you a new house and move your stuff for you, or just demolish it...you know, if they need to put a wall there instead or something. ^_^

Birdbird_0
05-22-2002, 02:21 PM
that was a project underway a while back in the development if my memory serves me correctly, but that was Waayyy back

Ghost Pirate
05-22-2002, 02:45 PM
I believe er1c or someone showed me house building during ghost times. rather long process

Kamaeru
05-23-2002, 09:20 AM
you may know the old elven guild EoG, well my idea is just liek in the real world, if you want land, claim it and put lots of people there so nobody can take it back, or enter freely, you could control it and everything, thats what it's like in real life, and life doesnt have npcs, so why cant it be done on graal? it can, you may remember when i got the idea to take the durby mining area on 2k1 when the guild EoG returned, we took it over, and we owned it, see, you should be able to do that, you can make flags, and have an npc that can upload your flag gfx, when you got that, there should be a job to sew flags, and iron to make poles, etc, you put flags around where you want things, and if you take it over, you place your flags there, wherever you own you can place houses/etc. freely, and you could make a town if you got enough control, and then someone could take it all over =D so taking over lands WITHOUT npcs is possible, but just think about what npcs make possible...stefan please read this =D

Discharge
05-23-2002, 10:04 AM
We should just have hundreds apartments.

CASE SETTLE. :D

Tyhm
05-23-2002, 02:40 PM
People don't log off in real life