PDA

View Full Version : Help

Fai
03-17-2001, 10:17 PM
I've spent hours trying to figure this out......

HOW DO YOU GET HITPLAYER(ORWHATVER) TO HIT ANYONE WHO IS IN THAT SPOT?!

kyle0654
03-18-2001, 07:23 AM
-. .`

I'm gonna assume you want it to hit any player in a certain range around a point...

if (whatever starts code) {
this.fromx = #;
this.fromy = #;
this.hitx = #;
this.hity = #;
this.hitradius = #;
this.hitpower = #;
for (this.p = playerscount-1; this.p > 0; this.p--) {
if ((((players[this.p].x + 1.5 - this.hitx)^2 - (players[this.p].y + 1.5 - this.hity)^2)^.5) <= this.hitradius) {
hitplayer this.p, this.hitpower, this.fromx, this.fromy;
}
}
}

basic pathagorean theorem for ya (a^2 + b^2 = C^2), or, in this case, (((a^2 + b^2)^.5) = c). Taking something to the power of .5 will find the square root, just in case you didn't know.

this.fromx/this.fromy - This is where the player will be hit back from. If it's a weapon the player fires, I'd suggest using the player that fired it as this.fromx and this.fromy. You may have arrows or spells though that do different. Maybe even a monster ;)
this.hitx/this.hity/this.hitradius - This is where you are checking for a player. It will check with the center at (this.hitx, this.hity), and check if a player's center is within this.hitradius.
this.hitpower - how many halfhearts you want to take off the player. A hit power of 2 would take off 1 full heart.

Now, if you wanted to check within a box...

if (whatever starts code) {
this.fromx = #;
this.fromy = #;
this.hitx = #;
this.hity = #;
this.hitwidth = #;
this.hitheight = #;
this.hitpower = #;
for (this.p = playerscount-1; this.p > 0; this.p--) {
if (players[this.p].x in |this.hitx, this.hitx+this.hitwidth| && players[this.p].y in |this.hity, this.hity+this.hitheight|) {
hitplayer this.p, this.hitpower, this.fromx, this.fromy;
}
}
}

Only difference is that it checks within a box, and that box checks for the player's top left to be in that box. this.hitwidth and this.hitheight define how big the box is that it should check for a player within.

Please excuse me if this isn't completely perfect, I don't really want to go testin' the scripts right now.