PDA

View Full Version : fein death

G_yoshi
05-15-2001, 03:52 PM
i think it would be neat if players could fake die.......it might make pkers leave them alone........though it might cause problems.....but i still think its a neato idea

aran_lesai
05-24-2001, 03:19 PM
Great idea. I'm sick of being killed by some gung-ho PK'er, even though I don't have any cash (don't they look at my profile?). I am against PKing, so I hate it when people try to fight me when I'm not sparring, especially if I didn't do anything to them. Revenge I can understand, but cold-blooded murder??? Another thing i dislike is campers outside the spar arenas. I have been killed by some bloodlusting fool while on the way to spar peacefully (if you can) with a friend. Feigning death would be a great way to avoid unnecessary hassles, especially for those of us who don't PK, and those of us with lots of lag. I can't even try to fight back if i can't see the other person. However, if I appear dead, then I don't have to fight back. Maybe make it an npc weapon similar to the suicide dagger, except it doesn't count against your death count. This would be relatively easy to do by changing the players sprites to the death sequence. Great idea!

Kaimetsu
05-24-2001, 10:35 PM
Something in my soul tells me this would be a bad thing to do...

I think partially because it would be the easiest thing in the world and any newbie scripter worth his/her salt can type "setani dead,;" without many problems. Plus people wouldn't be fooled forever.

Munkey
05-26-2001, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi
i think it would be neat if players could fake die.......it might make pkers leave them alone........though it might cause problems.....but i still think its a neato idea

lol...neato...i haven't herd anyone say that in a long time.

Psyker
05-29-2001, 07:37 AM
I made that before, tested it on the mithica server, but it was plain stupid.

Just imagine...

48 players feigning death? nah...