PDA

View Full Version : Valikorlia Steals stuff from Providence?

Neonight
05-15-2002, 10:57 AM
Jagen:
I was checking out Valikorlia and I saw numerous things from providence past/present
1.) The Role-Playing icon, I remember having neonight make it and I also set the transparency, I dont think neo stole that
2.) I think I also saw the OOC icon as someones head
3.) Sword system, Tyne made that for providence, I doubt he gave it to val
4.) I think I saw a Shadow Dragon npc (the stealth one) where is leaves the leaps in place of your player
For 1 and 2, if those were stolen from val, I'll remove them right away

Birdbird_0
05-15-2002, 01:52 PM
Very much so.

Slaktmaster
05-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Give them the whip!

Graal518
05-15-2002, 04:19 PM
Didn't Tyne own Valikorlia?

draygin
05-16-2002, 12:44 AM
No Virtue owns Val he stole loads of scripts and just about everything else. He bugged it all to hell with his shitty scripting. I've been saying that for ages. The whole start menu with the class select was stolen from providence. Its why Virtue was fired the day Val was released and SK saw what he'd done.

Graal518
05-16-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by draygin
No Virtue owns Val he stole loads of scripts and just about everything else. He bugged it all to hell with his shitty scripting. I've been saying that for ages. The whole start menu with the class select was stolen from providence. Its why Virtue was fired the day Val was released and SK saw what he'd done.

Still...I could have sworn that Tyne was affiliated with Val in some way.

zell12
05-16-2002, 01:07 AM
Cyn, didn't we have that SK NPC in old old old old Mithica? lol

warp2ukew
05-16-2002, 02:09 AM
i cant remember where i saw t again but some1 took the old SK hookshot off of npulse nad i thinkit was put on elven lands but no one cares then. im glad we have good PW staff now =D

RavenTelvecho
05-16-2002, 03:01 AM
i really dont know how val got up in the first place =/

SinNetherwind
05-16-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by draygin

Ive said it all along... DOWN WITH VAL!

(LOL the otherday "Outpost" a GP was preparing a ban for all players with non-RP names. Delibiratly i set mah nick as Newb12345 saying I was a robot. Shock of shocks he warned me before any drastic action, and told me to change my name. So I changed it to Outpost, i laughed... luckily mah bud Zackaren saved me. Hehehe anyway,..... I wouldnt be suprised if Virtue stole scripts, and heck even levels i wouldnt be suprised.

Falcor
05-16-2002, 10:17 AM
*shrug* I don't know anymore. We do have stupid unworthy playerworlds online, but there a lot of them and we don't know what to do with them all. I wish some of these were reviewed a little more thoroughly before being passed.

Dustey4Ever
05-16-2002, 10:27 AM
This is nothing new-_- All i have heard since Val got up is they stole this, they have that x.x

freddyfox
05-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Uh. Dudes. A lot of the Providence stuff is "stolen" from Valikorlia.

Tyne used to own Valikorlia. Tyne MADE PROVIDENCE. Tyne took a lot of old val stuff to help him. Make sense?

Graal518
05-16-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by freddyfox
Tyne used to own Valikorlia.

That's what I thought.

Graal518
05-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by zell12
Cyn, didn't we have that SK NPC in old old old old Mithica? lol

Hmm...Perhaps we did. That is kind of vague to me.

ZanderX
05-16-2002, 09:38 PM

Tyne used to own Valikorlia. Tyne MADE PROVIDENCE. Tyne took a lot of old val stuff to help him. Make sense?

1 and 2 belong to Providence, Neonight made them. :\

freddyfox
05-16-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX

1 and 2 belong to Providence, Neonight made them. :\

I remember the Roleplaying Icon being on Val a long time ago.

draygin
05-16-2002, 11:40 PM

No Val might have had them but They werent stolen SK made them from scratch I was there and got to test alot of it as he was making. I was his guinea pig. Virtue didnt steal the ideas he stole the actual scripts.

Neonight
05-17-2002, 12:19 AM
Jeff:
Okay, Tyne lets Val use sword sys. Drop point.

Neonight made the icons. He lets Providence use them, and last time i checked he wouldn't at all mind if he woke up one morning to find Valikorlia or however the Hell it is spelled (I hate typing that name) but a memory. The Shadow Dragon invisibility is not plagiarized from Providence but it is not a good thing.

I thus request the presence of a playerworld inspector on valikorlia as soon as possible. There must be some standards for quality and conduct.

draygin
05-17-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Neonight

Jeff:
Okay, Tyne lets Val use sword sys. Drop point.

Neonight made the icons. He lets Providence use them, and last time i checked he wouldn't at all mind if he woke up one morning to find Valikorlia or however the Hell it is spelled (I hate typing that name) but a memory. The Shadow Dragon invisibility is not plagiarized from Providence but it is not a good thing.

I thus request the presence of a playerworld inspector on valikorlia as soon as possible. There must be some standards for quality and conduct.

Not just referring to the sword system.

freddyfox
05-17-2002, 12:51 AM
Hate to break it to you, but all content submitted to Cyberjouer becomes property of Cyberjouer, so they really have a complete right to use it. This is only overwritten in the case of G2K1 and the playerworld submission ruleset, "Don't steal graphics or code from 2k1."

draygin
05-17-2002, 02:41 AM
Hate to break it to you, but all content submitted to Cyberjouer becomes property of Cyberjouer, so they really have a complete right to use it. This is only overwritten in the case of G2K1 and the playerworld submission ruleset, "Don't steal graphics or code from 2k1."

In that case when I get home I"m going to go to all the Player worlds alt five a bunch of levels from each one. Steal a whole pile of scripts and graphics. Slap a name on it and submit it as my player world. Seeing as how its ok to steal other peoples work from other player world for cyberjouer then its ok to. :)

WHIPENIE4
05-17-2002, 03:24 AM

Hate to break it to you but even if it becomes property of cyber joueur it doesnt make it ok for other pw's to use it. Its still that pw's Idea's,graphics,scripts or levels and whats the point of having a 2 pw's with the same things on it? What good does it do?

Neonight
05-17-2002, 04:46 AM

Jeff:

I hate to burst YOUR bubble, Vermain, but it's still plagiarism, copyright infringement or no. playerworlds have been shut down for plagiarism before.

Psyker
05-17-2002, 04:51 AM
This only overwritten in the case of G2K1 and the playerworld submission ruleset, "Don't steal graphics or code from 2k1."
Hey silly, everyone can use 2k1 graphics/scripts now!

Milkdude99
05-18-2002, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Psyker

Hey silly, everyone can use 2k1 graphics/scripts now! Any of them???

freddyfox
05-18-2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by WHIPENIE4

Hate to break it to you but even if it becomes property of cyber joueur it doesnt make it ok for other pw's to use it. Its still that pw's Idea's,graphics,scripts or levels and whats the point of having a 2 pw's with the same things on it? What good does it do?

Your point is moot. You submitted them and they become the property of Cyberjouer. Unless Stefan or unixmad or another member of Cyberjouer comes on these boards and says "Remove those graphics and scripts guy!" then they are in complete obligation to use them. It sucks, yeah, but life sucks too.

haunter
05-18-2002, 09:20 AM

It sucks, yeah, but life sucks too.

And this boys and girls, is why we invented... FIRE!

gozen
06-04-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Neonight

Jeff:

I hate to burst YOUR bubble, Vermain, but it's still plagiarism, copyright infringement or no. playerworlds have been shut down for plagiarism before.

Plagerism of things copyrighted by other companies.

shavomombetto
06-04-2002, 03:12 AM
Valikorlia has very corrupt staff and i'm not suprised if they stole anything. They have RPG Maker 2000 graphics on a lot of levels.

Nemesis
06-04-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Falcor
*shrug* I don't know anymore. We do have stupid unworthy playerworlds online, but there a lot of them and we don't know what to do with them all. I wish some of these were reviewed a little more thoroughly before being passed.

we are doing so now, but the fact is that doesn't solve the issue for what has been placed on the servers. We are working on good solutions for all of this.

Python523
06-04-2002, 04:46 AM
When I talked to virtue about the icons, he removed them, there might be other NPCs form providence but I would have to check

Psyker
06-04-2002, 04:50 AM
I sure would love to be un-banned from Valikorlia.

Nemesis
06-04-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Psyker
I sure would love to be un-banned from Valikorlia.

bah -.- that'd be nice