PDA

View Full Version : jump tiles

G_yoshi
05-15-2001, 04:54 AM
okay.....i have a question. Im going to make this really cool npc thingy....but im not going to say what it is so that i can keep i my idea......anyway......i need someway for it to allow players to jump off ledges, cause i will be using disabledefmovement.

Cloud_X
05-15-2001, 05:05 AM
Just detect the tile of the cliffs and if it does check if the landing space is onwall . Then just play the jumping ani and make the player go down

Komieko
05-15-2001, 08:29 AM
It is in hte new main bomy script G_Yoshi

G_yoshi
05-15-2001, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Cloud_X
Just detect the tile of the cliffs and if it does check if the landing space is onwall . Then just play the jumping ani and make the player go down

you do not make any sense......im using 'disabledefmovement' so that the player cannot move. I cant say what i am doing, i do not want anyone to steal my idea before i can script it.

And as for the jumptiles in the bomy script, yeah, I know could use that, but im not 100% sure on how to set it up for what I want to do

kyle0654
05-18-2001, 10:12 AM
*sigh*

that's the problem nowadays...everybody's worried about getting their stuff stolen rather than trying to help each other out...

kyle0654
05-18-2001, 10:17 AM
What you need though, like said above, is an array containing the indexes of all tiles that you can jump off of. Once you have that, you need to check the space you're moving to for jump tiles (should be considered onwall), and if they are jump tiles, you need to make the player jump off them however suits your NPC best.

-Kyle

G_yoshi
05-18-2001, 01:06 PM
pheh.....im trying to learn this stuff on my own......but that does not mean i dont look at things to get an idea on how they work....

For the most part, i have been trying to create my own npcs from scratch. I guess i could just skip the jump tiles for now and work on the other aspects of what i need to do :D