PDA

View Full Version : Do Kingdoms have limited members?

Xerphier Dintch
05-07-2002, 11:19 AM
If not, they should.

TrueHeaT
05-07-2002, 11:20 AM
if anything, they don't have ENOUGH people in them.

Xerphier Dintch
05-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT
if anything, they don't have ENOUGH people in them.

From what I remember when I used to play 2k1. Dustari had the most and an overwhelming number of members. Samurai had like 3 active members. Tyealia had about 10 (for aslong as it was around). Zormite had few.

Dustari obviously had the advantage.

TrueHeaT
05-07-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Xerphier Dintch

From what I remember when I used to play 2k1. Dustari had the most and an overwhelming number of members. Samurai had like 3 active members. Tyealia had about 10 (for aslong as it was around). Zormite had few.

Dustari obviously had the advantage.

Then the other kingdoms should recruit.
the number dustari has is a good number of people to be in a major kingdom

Xerphier Dintch
05-07-2002, 11:46 AM

Then the other kingdoms should recruit.
the number dustari has is a good number of people to be in a major kingdom

Yea, a good number, but there should be some sort of limit, or you can't recurit so many members over the amount that the lowest Kingdom has, or something like that.

Amagius
05-07-2002, 07:54 PM
That'd be stupid. Anyways it'd make it lose realism.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-08-2002, 05:46 AM
If you want good solid realistic RP battles each side should have 15-20. This way it's not just a one on one PK fest, you have to think of stregety. Of course, I would never imagine such a thing happening, I am satisfied with the number in Dustari

ghostsamurai
05-08-2002, 06:13 AM
you have to factor in that alot of kingdoms have members that dont play often, and not all the members are on at the same time.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-08-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by ghostsamurai
you have to factor in that alot of kingdoms have members that dont play often, and not all the members are on at the same time.
Yep, that's why I said I am happy with Dustari numbers

Googi
05-08-2002, 08:27 AM
You know, perhaps there's a reason Dustari has more people, maybe because it's a better kingdom.

Aestus
05-08-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Googi
You know, perhaps there's a reason Dustari has more people, maybe because it's a better kingdom.

That isn't completely true, I don't think. Dustari is, without a doubt, the most active kingdom, but not necessarily the better. The reason it's become so large is that any potential roleplayers on 2k1 are pretty much forced to choose Dustari, because none of the other kingdoms really have enough members to roleplay with. The kingdom population has really become too lopsided to salvage.

There's also the appeal of such a simple kingdom premise. The typical "knights-in-shining armor" is always better for newer roleplayers because it's one of the easier characters to get into. Roleplaying a Samurai well requires at least some prior knowledge of the workings of Ancient Japan. In Dustari, however, all one has to do is act valiant.

I personally joined Dustari because of the first reason --- there just weren't any other kingdoms to join. To compensate, I tried making my character a little more complex, a little more amoral than I typically do, but all that earned me was a severe tongue-lashing by a superior officer. :rolleyes:

Googi
05-08-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Aestus

I personally joined Dustari because of the first reason --- there just weren't any other kingdoms to join. To compensate, I tried making my character a little more complex, a little more amoral than I typically do, but all that earned me was a severe tongue-lashing by a superior officer. :rolleyes:

Dustari is supposed to be the good guys, that's why they are much better then the other kingdoms.

Aestus
05-08-2002, 09:49 AM

Dustari is supposed to be the good guys, that's why they are much better then the other kingdoms.

Ha, see? That's exactly what I'm talking about. All the kingdom's have just one cliched character that all the members roleplay as. The Samurai are all honorable, the Karakaze are all petty thieves, and the Dustariians are all valiant and noble. It's frustrating, especially when you're reprimanded for not following suit.

Googi
05-08-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Aestus

Ha, see? That's exactly what I'm talking about. All the kingdom's have just one cliched character that all the members roleplay as. The Samurai are all honorable, the Karakaze are all petty thieves, and the Dustariians are all valiant and noble. It's frustrating, especially when you're reprimanded for not following suit.

If you wanted to be amoral why did you join Dustari?

ghostsamurai
05-08-2002, 10:08 AM
actually, Karakaze has alot of different people, from the skilled bandits, the drunken leaders, and the perfect sage.

Googi
05-08-2002, 10:35 AM
the perfect sage.

You mean mr. "I r b teh self-proclamed bestest mgik persen in werld bc"

TrueHeaT
05-08-2002, 10:57 AM

They are more the giant evil empire than the good guys. Seriously, Dustari is so damn evil. More than a simple fish like you can imagine.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-08-2002, 12:43 PM
Dustari is your typical fantasy role-playing kingdom. It's can be easily reflected as one from western society in the middle ages.

TrueHeaT
05-08-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Dustari is your typical fantasy role-playing kingdom.

Typical fantasy roleplaying kingdom HIDING ITS EVIL ROOTS

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
05-08-2002, 01:14 PM

Typical fantasy roleplaying kingdom HIDING ITS EVIL ROOTS
*shows his evil smile then throws his cloak over his face as he walks off into darkness*

Aestus
05-08-2002, 08:22 PM

If you wanted to be amoral why did you join Dustari?

Haven't I gone over this before? I joined Dustari because I wanted to roleplay on Graal, and no other kingdoms had the sufficient numbers for me to do so.

kevy
05-08-2002, 08:57 PM
((as soon as it becomes a kingdom)) ROME SHALL RULE THE WORLD MUWAHAHAHA err.. *runs away*

kevy
05-08-2002, 09:07 PM
*ahem* I say there should be unlimited amounts of members in your kingdom.

TrueHeaT
05-08-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by kevy
((as soon as it becomes a kingdom)) ROME SHALL RULE THE WORLD MUWAHAHAHA err.. *runs away*

Ain't gonna happen ;\

Googi
05-09-2002, 12:33 AM
They are more the giant evil empire than the good guys. Seriously, Dustari is so damn evil. More than a simple fish like you can imagine.

Oh and Karakaze are the angels from heaven?

If Dustari is so "evil" I would like to see some proof that they are.

TrueHeaT
05-09-2002, 08:47 AM

Oh and Karakaze are the angels from heaven?

If Dustari is so "evil" I would like to see some proof that they are.

We're not angels, but we fight for freedom.

I've been inside Dustari. They've locked me up. They have people to get inside your skull and read your thoughts. Dark, evil men. They try to coaxe you into joining them and try to brainwash you, and say it's for your own good.
I've seen the REAL Dustari.

Googi
05-09-2002, 08:49 AM

We're not angels, but we fight for freedom.

I've been inside Dustari. They've locked me up. They have people to get inside your skull and read your thoughts. Dark, evil men. They try to coaxe you into joining them and try to brainwash you, and say it's for your own good.
I've seen the REAL Dustari.

Eh?

Oh yeah, I remember that one, they were just trying to get the crown back.

TrueHeaT
05-09-2002, 08:52 AM

Eh?

Oh yeah, I remember that one, they were just trying to get the crown back.

Jesus christ you are a ****ing *****.. I swear to god, someone ought to ban your retarded 11 year old ass..

Googi
05-09-2002, 09:09 AM

Jesus christ you are a ****ing *****.. I swear to god, someone ought to ban your retarded 11 year old ass..

Yeah, I know, a lot of people want me banned, I have to be careful because as soon as I break a law I'll probably be screwed.

Anyway, if I'm correct, the event you're talking about is a little after your character got amnesia, and they were trying to "cure" you. Yeah, that was about the crown.

Brad
05-09-2002, 09:13 AM
thts trying to ****ing rp googi

shut the **** up

ERR THAT WAS FOR CROWN
NOT FOR FREEDOM

K
I AM DUM

Googi
05-09-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Brad
thts trying to ****ing rp googi

shut the **** up

ERR THAT WAS FOR CROWN
NOT FOR FREEDOM

K
I AM DUM

I know it was about RPing

The Crowns are about RPing

I was there

It was about the crown.

TrueHeaT
05-09-2002, 09:29 AM
YOU ARE A *****. THERE IS NO BOLD TAG BOLD ENOUGH FOR THE BOLDNESS THIS POST REQUIRES TO FULLY ILLUSTRATE JUST HOW MUCH OF AN IDIOT YOU ARE

Googi
05-09-2002, 09:38 AM
YOU ARE A *****. THERE IS NO BOLD TAG BOLD ENOUGH FOR THE BOLDNESS THIS POST REQUIRES TO FULLY ILLUSTRATE JUST HOW MUCH OF AN IDIOT YOU ARE

Do you have any proof that it wasn't about the crown?

Brad
05-09-2002, 09:42 AM
GOOGI
HES TRYING TO MAKE AN RP STORY

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

TrueHeaT
05-09-2002, 09:46 AM
Googi, you are an idiot, and Dustari has always been evil anyway. Asuka was the first king, that enough for you? It's just hid its evil more recently.

AND STOP TALKING ABOUT THE CROWNS, I ATE THEM DAMNIT, THEY'RE GONE.

Brad
05-09-2002, 09:48 AM
Googi, you are an idiot, and Dustari has always been evil anyway. Asuka was the first king, that enough for you? It's just hid its evil more recently.

AND STOP TALKING ABOUT THE CROWNS, I ATE THEM DAMNIT, THEY'RE GONE.

we can have an rp

I can eat them or something

TrueHeaT
05-09-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Brad

we can have an rp

I can eat them or something

Too late. I ate them and they tasted good

Googi
05-09-2002, 10:06 AM
Umm...I know the amnesia thing was an excu...err...RP

Megamaniac
05-23-2002, 10:12 AM
not once has pirate crew been mentioned grr:grrr:

Brad
05-23-2002, 10:42 AM
actually, Karakaze has alot of different people, from the skilled bandits, the drunken leaders, and the perfect sage.
and then theres ransk....

Griffyn
05-24-2002, 07:40 AM
Asuka was the first king, that enough for you?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAhahahahahaha...ha.

Googi
05-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Just because Asuka was once King doesn't mean Kamuii is evil, Kamuii isn't evil, Kawaii isn't evil, Aftershock isn't evil, the entire Dustari managment is not evil, it used to be, but it isn't now, therefore Dustari is no longer evil.

ghostsamurai
05-26-2002, 03:24 AM
Just because Asuka was once King doesn't mean Kamuii is evil, Kamuii isn't evil, Kawaii isn't evil, Aftershock isn't evil, the entire Dustari managment is not evil, it used to be, but it isn't now, therefore Dustari is no longer evil. you have such a simple mind, you dont even realize how evil they are!

Discharge
05-27-2002, 11:14 AM
How I see it, is that there is a lack of intrest in the other kingdoms because of the whole concept of it. A small amount of people are active in those other kingdoms. Further evidence that people dont like the idea and dont care about it. Now I think Pirate Crew shouldnt be a kingdom because there just bandits of the sea. They should be a sub-kingdom like Karakaze Troop. Anyways thats how I see it an so have many people I've met.
Now the reason why Rome was even created was because the lack of role playin in other kingdoms and because of the VERY small amount of active players in it. We would have a far greater amount of people if the guild tags were working. We have more members online then Zormite and Samurai all the time. Now maby Rome dosent exactly fit in the time period currently but what really does in Graal? As far as im concern anything goes when it comes to Graal. I mean look at the Celts, they are from pre-roman times and there getting there levels uploaded an what not. They were a kingdom befor, if my sources are correct; this bring us back to the ancient times. Now many of you say Rome shouldn't be a sub-kingdom or a kingdom because it comes from history. Well so do Samuaris, Celts and Pirates so why not Rome? We got the kingdom leader approvals from Dustari King and Samurai Emperor. Now I know our role playing at the begining was pretty shakey but we have improve and are studying history of Roman Empire to apply to our role playing. There is always room for improvement, so just think about what I said...

400 B.C.
Celts settle in north Italy ( c. 400 B.C. )
Etruscan city of Veii falls to Rome; Etruscan civilization in decline (396 B.C.)
Rome begins conquest of Italy ( 396 B.C. )
Gauls sack Rome ( 390 B.C. )
birth of Aristotle ( 384 B.C. )
birth of Alexander the Great ( 356 B.C. )
Rome signs treaty with Carthage (348 B.C.)
First Samnite War between Rome and the Samnites ( 343 B.C. - 341 B.C. )
first Roman coins ( 338 B.C. )
Philip of Macedon defeats an invading Athenian army at Chaeronea (338 B.C.)
Lydia becomes a tributary of Macedon after Persia is conquered by Alexander the Great (334 B.C.)
Phrygia falls under Macedonian rule (333 B.C.)
Second Samnite War between Rome and the Samnites ( 327 B.C. - 304 B.C. )
Lydia absorbed into the Seleucid kingdom (323 B.C.)

Loriel
06-01-2002, 05:49 AM
Greece > Rome

- Loriel (G(r)eek)