PDA

View Full Version : New Graal Version


thomasward
04-29-2002, 03:13 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the new mouse capability with the new graal.exe file? Like how exactly you will be able to fit the mouse in or something? I'm not making much sense but if anyone knows anything, please post.

Funkee
04-29-2002, 06:34 PM
umm what the? i dont think it matters what sort of mouse you have if thats what you are saying... :-/ dunno what you mean sorry

LilNiglet
04-29-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Funkee
umm what the? i dont think it matters what sort of mouse you have if thats what you are saying... :-/ dunno what you mean sorry
He mean the scripting commands for the mouse.

I sunno, wait until Wed.

Faheria_Admin5
04-29-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by LilNiglet

He mean the scripting commands for the mouse.

I sunno, wait until Wed.

WAIT TILL WEDNSDAY ARE YOU INSANE THATS TOO LONG WE MUST KNOW NOW AHHH!!!!! I MUST KNOW !!!! SO I CAN SCRIPT THINGS TO USE WITH IT!!!
.... n/m i allready know mwahahahah
Its like the one used in editnpcs i do believe there is also a value for getflagkeys in graal.exe but i havent made use of it yet not sure how it works.

freddyfox
04-29-2002, 11:55 PM
My guess: Things like <playerclickedon> or something like that.

Admins
04-30-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_Admin5

Its like the one used in editnpcs


There is a lot more to make it easier to use and access stuff like the mouse wheel and detect double clicks

Googi
04-30-2002, 03:49 AM
It will probably be something like


if (playerclicksme) {
scriptinhere;
}

Sjc2k1
04-30-2002, 04:02 AM
a if (mouseover) (do a little dance type npc type thing)

LilNiglet
04-30-2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Stefan


There is a lot more to make it easier to use and access stuff like the mouse wheel and detect double clicks

Stefan, you've really outdone yourself :D

Amagius
04-30-2002, 04:56 AM
I can't wait 'till it comes out.....actualy I could....bt it sounds like a great improvement!

DarkDragon452
04-30-2002, 05:44 AM
Graal is starting to sound like Active Worlds with building replaced with PKing.. o.0

Also it would be cool to be able to send files to people on your buddy list or something. (of course they would have to accept it first).

Krakken
04-30-2002, 05:54 AM
You can access the mouse buttons and wheel. It works in co-ordinates and is automatically triggered.

Googi
04-30-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragon452
Graal is starting to sound like Active Worlds with building replaced with PKing.. o.0

Also it would be cool to be able to send files to people on your buddy list or something. (of course they would have to accept it first).

On a game like Graal that would be dumb because lag would become terrible.

Skatche
04-30-2002, 09:17 AM
Question: how will the new version of Graal, with the entire keyboard available, handle different keyboard layouts? I only ask because I use DVORAK, which is in all ways superior to QWERTY (unless you're using a typewriter).

Skatche
04-30-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Googi


On a game like Graal that would be dumb because lag would become terrible.

A system could be used whereby the files are not sent through the Graal server but are actually sent via, say, FTP protocol directly between the players involved in the transfer. AIM does that.

Kaimetsu
04-30-2002, 09:29 AM
I'm gonna make a spellcasting system like Black & White's! :)

thomasward
04-30-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
I'm gonna make a spellcasting system like Black & White's! :)

Hey, I own that game and must say, even though you stole it that is a very 1337 idea.

emortylone
04-30-2002, 09:06 PM
I think this will be cool, but it is going to bring SEVERAL new levels to scripters. I think that scripters should have the new version early (but tomorrow it is out, oh well) b/c to learn and figure out ALL these new things, it is going to be a PAIN! The old stuff is complicated enough sometimes, but this stuff just adds it to the list of programming languages. Heh, now if only we could do webapges in gscript ;)
---Shifter

Kaimetsu
04-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by emortylone
I think this will be cool, but it is going to bring SEVERAL new levels to scripters. I think that scripters should have the new version early (but tomorrow it is out, oh well) b/c to learn and figure out ALL these new things, it is going to be a PAIN! The old stuff is complicated enough sometimes, but this stuff just adds it to the list of programming languages. Heh, now if only we could do webapges in gscript ;)
---Shifter

It'll only take about ten minutes to figure out all the new features. I'm expecting to have my spell system working within two days of the release, depending on how much home computer time I get.

Skatche
05-01-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by emortylone
Heh, now if only we could do webapges in gscript ;)
---Shifter

Anyone know some resources for how to make browser plugins? I'll get right on it. ; )

adam
05-01-2002, 01:06 PM
These new features.

using the entire keyboard
and mouse features


not to mention features for all servers.



This is the entire reason I been posting more lately.
and maybe even..... Start scripting and working on stuff again!

adam
05-01-2002, 01:07 PM
Well no im lying. that is my second reason.


I saw some stuff in trig class that reminded me of scripts I saw that baffled me.

Now I understand them!

that is the reason I started posting again!

Kaimetsu
05-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by adam
that is the reason I started posting again!

And SPAMMING at the same time :mad:

LilNiglet
05-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Skatche
Question: how will the new version of Graal, with the entire keyboard available, handle different keyboard layouts? I only ask because I use DVORAK, which is in all ways superior to QWERTY (unless you're using a typewriter).
What...the...

toad1413
05-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by LilNiglet

What...the...

DVORAK is a different keyboard arrangement to the normal QWERTY one. If I knew how, I'd change it on the computers at school and watch the almost fully computer-illiterate kiddies trying to use it. :D

Bird2prey
05-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by toad1413


DVORAK is a different keyboard arrangement to the normal QWERTY one. If I knew how, I'd change it on the computers at school and watch the almost fully computer-illiterate kiddies trying to use it. :D

One time I was bored, so I removed all the keys on a school computer and swapped them around. Ah, memories...

SaijinGohan
05-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Bird2prey


One time I was bored, so I removed all the keys on a school computer and swapped them around. Ah, memories...

LOL i just superglued the mouse balls to the computer screen. =P