PDA

View Full Version : The Graal Forums Debate

konidias
04-24-2002, 03:32 AM
Okay, well I have heard that after these new changes take place, not having an upgraded account means you can't access 2k1 or 2k2 anymore, but the other p2p worlds will be available just like the nonp2p. If this is true, does that mean if you don't have an upgrade, you won't be able to use the forums also?

I believe it should be a lifetime thing also.. Unless the account gets banned or something the account should never be disabled. What is going to happen when people don't want to upgrade just to play 2k1 and 2k2, yet they won't be able to use the forums? With these new changes I don't think I will be upgrading simply because I won't play 2k1 and 2k2 for more than a few days.

I find it pointless to block off customers from the forums after their upgrade runs out.. you're just losing buisiness, because if the player can't access the forums to talk with people about different things in p2p Graal, they will never feel the need to upgrade again.

If the forums are still going to be the same way they are now (account disabled when p2p runs out) then I'm sure others will just make their own Graal forums, and then you will really be losing out. :(

What is everyone elses opinion on this?

craig_bomy
04-24-2002, 03:38 AM
id still like to be able to post with cds96, i spent money on it, i think it should be forever on the forums ;[

vovavziggy
04-24-2002, 03:40 AM
I agree. The forums also contain vital information that every Graal player needs to know. For example, people with upgraded accounts found out about the May 1st change a long time before the people with trial accounts did.

konidias
04-24-2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by vovavziggy
I agree. The forums also contain vital information that every Graal player needs to know. For example, people with upgraded accounts found out about the May 1st change a long time before the people with trial accounts did.

Well you can VIEW the forums as a Guest, but you can't post your questions and stuff.. like what if you were going to upgrade only if they did something you wanted them to do, but you weren't able to ask if that happened. It would really be nice if accounts for the forum didn't get disabled after p2p ran out though.. I mean it's not like this forum has some kind of great thing that another forum can't have.. if someone starts up a nice Graal forum somewhere else, people will go there and discuss p2p stuff for free.

AlexH
04-24-2002, 03:46 AM
I have if you have already upgraded an account it should be lifetime for the fourms. Upgraded to play 2k1/2k2 etc not just registering.

gozen
04-24-2002, 03:48 AM
I find these May 1st changes quite confusing.

AlkarenHyralt
04-24-2002, 03:49 AM
If Stefan and unixmad will ever sit down with me sometime, this is one things I wish to talk to them about. I really need to talk to them, and decide about the future of the forums, as right now I don't have the authority to do so.

konidias
04-24-2002, 03:55 AM
Who voted no? *SMACK* :D

Googi
04-24-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Okay, well I have heard that after these new changes take place, not having an upgraded account means you can't access 2k1 or 2k2 anymore, but the other p2p worlds will be available just like the nonp2p. If this is true, does that mean if you don't have an upgrade, you won't be able to use the forums also?

I believe it should be a lifetime thing also.. Unless the account gets banned or something the account should never be disabled. What is going to happen when people don't want to upgrade just to play 2k1 and 2k2, yet they won't be able to use the forums? With these new changes I don't think I will be upgrading simply because I won't play 2k1 and 2k2 for more than a few days.

I find it pointless to block off customers from the forums after their upgrade runs out.. you're just losing buisiness, because if the player can't access the forums to talk with people about different things in p2p Graal, they will never feel the need to upgrade again.

If the forums are still going to be the same way they are now (account disabled when p2p runs out) then I'm sure others will just make their own Graal forums, and then you will really be losing out. :(

What is everyone elses opinion on this?

Account running out soon, eh?

konidias
04-24-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Googi

Account running out soon, eh?

Um no.. not really.. I have 3 months left, and by then I will have a pw account to access the forums. (if that's still allowed) :p

Neonight
04-24-2002, 04:49 AM

You can view forums, but cannot post without p2p. If anyone without p2p checked often, they'd find out soon, also.

vovavziggy
04-24-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Neonight

You can view forums, but cannot post without p2p. If anyone without p2p checked often, they'd find out soon, also.
But most people without p2p won't check, because like konidias said, they can't state their own opinion or ask questions.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-24-2002, 05:26 AM
I agree with Konidias here. The Graal forums are a valuable asset and a good commodity to the Graalian community. I see a lot of people who quit Graal yet they hang out on the forums... and after they heard of all the great changes to Graal (like May 1st-13) some decide to come back. It's all due to the fact they heard about it on the forums.

Psyker
04-24-2002, 05:28 AM
they can't state their own opinion
sometimes, that is good.

brock128
04-24-2002, 05:58 AM
I agree. Or, if you just want access to the fourms, and non of the P2P stuff, you can pay like $3.

konidias
04-24-2002, 06:15 AM
Maybe if there was a lot of improvement to the forums with new features added, it would be worth paying for.. there isn't even a members list now :/ we have this stupid hp bar thing that does absolutely nothing but waste space, there isn't enough moderation to the forums and I see way too many people breaking rules and getting away with it.

I still think it would kick butt to have Graal (the game) integrated with the forums.. like you can display stats from the server of your choice in place of the silly hp bar stuff or something.

Maybe have some forums removed (like NewWorld and New Races, no one ever posts there, and a nice small neat forum is better than one with tons of little forums no one uses).

Maybe make the e-mail service better with a way to get your password if you forget it (I made my email account and I forgot the pass a week after I had it =[).

I like the overall design and setup of this forum though.. it's very easy to use and I like the private message system and "whos online" thing.

AlkarenHyralt
04-24-2002, 06:19 AM
*wonders why people ignored his post, about if he can ever sit down and talk to stefan and unixmad he'll try to fix minor problems and decide on the future of the forums*

konidias
04-24-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
*wonders why people ignored his post, about if he can ever sit down and talk to stefan and unixmad he'll try to fix minor problems and decide on the future of the forums*

Bah, you'll never be able to "sit down and talk" with both of them at the same time.. I think I have only seen them on at the same time where I could talk to both of them ONCE.

You have to contact Stefan or Unixmad and tell them what you want to do and what needs to be done. Forum pm them, contact them via ICQ or something.. just talk with them.. they aren't going to fly to where you live and sit down for a diet coke. :rolleyes:

ZeroFXSM
04-24-2002, 07:40 AM

Bah, you'll never be able to "sit down and talk" with both of them at the same time.. I think I have only seen them on at the same time where I could talk to both of them ONCE.

You have to contact Stefan or Unixmad and tell them what you want to do and what needs to be done. Forum pm them, contact them via ICQ or something.. just talk with them.. they aren't going to fly to where you live and sit down for a diet coke. :rolleyes:

why are people voting no?

konidias
04-24-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by ZeroFXSM

why are people voting no?

I have no idea.. Googi was probably one of those "no"s and there are several people here with googi's low IQ so I guess there is your answer. ;)

Domini
04-24-2002, 08:32 AM
I think the forums should be included with the classic thing.

stomper_TK
04-24-2002, 08:36 AM
Well.. yeah. ;)

Graal518
04-24-2002, 08:42 AM
After may 1st regestered people should get access to the boards, when you already pay but need to pay more to use the forums to post your concerns and such wouldn't make much sense.

Accounts should be lifetime for the boards.

I like these boards interface, it's nice and like konidias said, easier to use then the other ones.

Pith
04-24-2002, 09:10 AM
I think everyone with a account should be able to post forever

LilNiglet
04-24-2002, 09:48 AM
Idea.

Maybe a section where people with $15 dollar accounts can post, and they cannot access the main boards?

Just a thought, guys.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-24-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by LilNiglet
Idea.

Maybe a section where people with $15 dollar accounts can post, and they cannot access the main boards?

Just a thought, guys.
Hmm.. I don't think that would work.. because it could be very possible that all main forum discussions will shift towards the other forum for the 15 dollar people

AlkarenHyralt
04-24-2002, 10:47 AM

I didn't mean sit down with them, in the literal sense. :(

Kaimetsu
04-24-2002, 11:20 AM
I think any registered member should be able to post. Since those with old P2P accounts fall under the 'registered member' banner, they should be allowed in :)

Though I'm not sure how it would play out if a hundred new members herd into here at once... It could get quite hectic.

konidias
04-24-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
I think any registered member should be able to post. Since those with old P2P accounts fall under the 'registered member' banner, they should be allowed in :)

Though I'm not sure how it would play out if a hundred new members herd into here at once... It could get quite hectic.

The forums should still be for p2p users only.. if the account has been upgraded to p2p once, it should have unlimited access to the forums.. people that get the "classic registration" shouldn't be allowed here, since this is mainly for people that have upgraded to p2p accounts. That way I don't think it will get too crowded.

Zelgadis_Geywords
04-24-2002, 02:52 PM
I for one would love to continue posting here after my account runs out. In my opinion, the forums provide a fun place for discussion, and interaction, and a great community. Sure, we flame eachother sometimes and stuff, but that's part of the community we're used to. *cough* Anyway... I myself use these forums more than I play Graal. Some of the things I see here in these forums sometimes draw me back into the game. The users who have had accounts for p2p access should be allowed to continue to post here.

I don't think many of the people who have a p2p account, mainly for the forums would be willing to re-upgrade just to use the forums. I for one will miss this community if I won't be able to post here after May 1st. :(

Kaimetsu
04-24-2002, 05:16 PM

The forums should still be for p2p users only.. if the account has been upgraded to p2p once, it should have unlimited access to the forums.. people that get the "classic registration" shouldn't be allowed here, since this is mainly for people that have upgraded to p2p accounts. That way I don't think it will get too crowded.

Idea: Limited forum access for registered users, which allows them to post on a single forum dedicated to non-upgraded people. Obviously upgraded members would be able to post there too.

Zelgadis_Geywords
04-24-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Idea: Limited forum access for registered users, which allows them to post on a single forum dedicated to non-upgraded people. Obviously upgraded members would be able to post there too.

I'm sure that the registered people would want to go to other forums though. Playerworlds, and Not Graal related come to mind. If there were one forum area, it would probably contain things that other forums already have a purpose for.

__XxRazorxX__
04-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Even though i don't post much and most of you don't know me it's fun hearing everyone post and have thier opinions on things and we will lose a vital part of the graal community with alot of peoples Accounts expiring and stuff :(

Dilrod
04-24-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Pith
I think everyone with a account should be able to post forever
thats what i was thinking, but there should be like subscriber forums like without a even 15$ p2p you should be able to go to like a forums about how great graal2002 is etc :D and a help forum, but thats all

Saga2001
04-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Also another thing is people on the forums talk about servers and new stuff on servers which will intisce people to upgrade again.