PDA

View Full Version : Begining Graphics Artist


Echos
04-23-2002, 08:55 AM
hey, I am a beginning graphics artist and I need some input. What you think of that little green fella in my avatar and sig?

habek
04-23-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Echos
hey, I am a beginning graphics artist and I need some input. What you think of that little green fella in my avatar and sig?
it's kinda plain

toad1413
04-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Echos
hey, I am a beginning graphics artist and I need some input. What you think of that little green fella in my avatar and sig?

The eyes are kinda plain, the nose is completely wrong for the other facial features, and the ears are a bit skinny. But that's just what I think. :)

alarid
04-24-2002, 06:55 AM
I agree, the nose is messed.

Echos
04-24-2002, 09:03 AM
Well....it's not human or course the nose is gonna be messed!

Skatche
04-24-2002, 11:05 AM
By messed they mean it doesn't fit - and indeed it doesn't. Ogres don't have chibi little girl noses. Other than that I can't see a thing wrong with it. Nice work.

KawaiiSaRiA
04-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Echos
hey, I am a beginning graphics artist and I need some input. What you think of that little green fella in my avatar and sig?
It's alright, just that the image quality is well, poor..like it's all fuzzed and stuff. Kinda like a low quality jpg image. -.-

Echos
04-25-2002, 04:26 AM
Skatche:It's not an ogre, just something I made up ;)

KawaiiSaRiA:Of course it's a low quality Jpeg! I made it in MSpaint!

Brad
04-25-2002, 05:55 AM
Holy:
hey toad whaddya think of my 8-bit fool?

habek
04-25-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Brad
Holy:
hey toad whaddya think of my 8-bit fool?
ripoff

toad1413
04-26-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Brad
Holy:
hey toad whaddya think of my 8-bit fool?

Well, to sum it up in one word... Stuffed. Bad.

Or, in more than one word... You didn't use the 4-pixel per block rule of it, wherein each block, like the eyes for example, is made up of blocks of 4 pixels. You also somehow corrupted the edges of the guy, the black parts. Or, purposly changed them. Either way, it doesn't make it look good. Sorry.

habek
04-26-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by toad1413


Well, to sum it up in one word... Stuffed. Bad.

Or, in more than one word... You didn't use the 4-pixel per block rule of it, wherein each block, like the eyes for example, is made up of blocks of 4 pixels. You also somehow corrupted the edges of the guy, the black parts. Or, purposly changed them. Either way, it doesn't make it look good. Sorry.
you said you were gonna make me one :/

Shrimp Okonomiyaki
04-26-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by habek

you said you were gonna make me one :/
They aren't too hard to make you know, if you just cut the size of one of the already made ones you'll notice the 4 pixel blocks become single pixels. You can just make draw one up using single pixels and then double the size.
See I decided to make one for myself ^^;;
Comments please

habek
04-27-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Shrimp Okonomiyaki

They aren't too hard to make you know, if you just cut the size of one of the already made ones you'll notice the 4 pixel blocks become single pixels. You can just make draw one up using single pixels and then double the size.
See I decided to make one for myself ^^;;
Comments please
hehe nice :)

toad1413
04-27-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Shrimp Okonomiyaki

They aren't too hard to make you know, if you just cut the size of one of the already made ones you'll notice the 4 pixel blocks become single pixels. You can just make draw one up using single pixels and then double the size.
See I decided to make one for myself ^^;;
Comments please

It's easier to just recreate it. No need to shrink it, then enlarge it again after editing, just edit it then and there. Oh, and yours does look good. Except for the skin. Ick. No one has yellow skin. Except the simpsons. :D

Shrimp Okonomiyaki
04-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by toad1413


It's easier to just recreate it. No need to shrink it, then enlarge it again after editing, just edit it then and there. Oh, and yours does look good. Except for the skin. Ick. No one has yellow skin. Except the simpsons. :D Its because thats the head I use and it has skin that color =O

Gangster88
04-28-2002, 01:23 AM
Sweet



Snipez Posting

toad1413
04-29-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Shrimp Okonomiyaki
Its because thats the head I use and it has skin that color =O

Well, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as your graal char. Heck, mine isn't. :)

contact me. aim. ask craig, I'm not giving my new name away.