PDA

View Full Version : All these airship accusations...

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-16-2002, 12:22 PM
A couple weeks ago, some people in Dustari, namely Scarlett and some members in Pirate Crew suggested a sensible idea. Because we are fighting over these airship plans, which can easily be transferred and can be so difficult to trace, why not make something that proves we have the plans?

Their idea was to create a complicated scavanger hunt for the schematics. There would be about 30-40 pieces of it scattered all around Graal that Pirates, Dustari, and even Karakaze can go look for in an official RP event. Each kingdom will be given a map to some of the pieces, but not all, so this will assure that at least someone gets something.

If one kingdom is able to peice together enough of the schematics then they can make more of the airship and finally the finished product.

It's a rough idea, something to work on. But what do you think?

TrueHeaT
04-16-2002, 12:28 PM
that could work. if it was scripted that if someone is killed with map peices of them they would fall to the ground it would be great so then people could work towards getting all of them.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-16-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT
that could work. if it was scripted that if someone is killed with map peices of them they would fall to the ground it would be great so then people could work towards getting all of them.
Here is an RP story Scarlett though up, but I slightly modified it.

As nightfall encloses Bomboria, a man sitting on the East side near the markets at the tables counts up his total profits for the day. He lightly chuckles to himself as he thinks back on the quick ways he generated revenue, proprieting off of people who were ignorant and didn't know any better. As he stuffs the cash into his pant pockets, and picks up his cane, but he intensifies his focus over the trees as he sees something slowly approaching him. The objects starts to twirl, dive and eventually lands onto the table in front of him. The man carefully picks up the paper and begins to scrutinize it, looking carefully at the trigonometric equations and physics forumlas marked all over the paper. He mutters to himself, not knowing what it was, and shrugs. He grabs the paper and shreds it up into little pieces.

Just as he was going to throw the papers into the trees and let the wind carry it, someone coughs behind him. He sees a Bomborian Police standing there, arms folded and looking sternly at the man. The man quickly stuffs the shredded paper into his jacket pocket, grabs his cane and hobbles down the stairs looking away from the Police, too embarrased to look at him. The man makes his way to the train station, waits patiently for the train and climbs on board it heading to his final destination at home (on the Antora mountain). The man eventually dozes off on the train and begins to lean forward, opening up his jacket pocket which began to release small pieces of the shredded paper into the unknown, the open, where nature would seal it's fate

ghostsamurai
04-16-2002, 06:02 PM
so you mean the RP for them last night we did would never take place?

and what are these plans made out of, plastic? peices of paper disintigrate, and the ink would run, making the plans useless.

Googi
04-17-2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT

Well, that is a good idea, but what if mr. 1337 PKer comes along...

draygin
04-17-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Googi

Well, that is a good idea, but what if mr. 1337 PKer comes along...

Ok I'm scared. I was thinking the same exact thing as googi. How do we stop non RPers from getting them and ruinin the RP? Perhaps have it set to only people wearing certain tags can pick them up?

ghostsamurai
04-17-2002, 04:09 AM
I just don't like the idea, why the hell would the plans be hanging on a tree anyway? is this just a Dustari plan to get them away from us?

Googi
04-17-2002, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by ghostsamurai
I just don't like the idea, why the hell would the plans be hanging on a tree anyway? is this just a Dustari plan to get them away from us?

Maybe a Tornado hits G2K1?

ghostsamurai
04-17-2002, 04:18 AM

Maybe a Tornado hits G2K1? maybe they dont affect sealed caves?

draygin
04-17-2002, 04:19 AM

Personally I dont like the idea of airship at all I think its stupid. But thats just my opinion.

Googi
04-17-2002, 04:25 AM
maybe they dont affect sealed caves?

Maybe some dumb bomy blows off the door?

draygin
04-17-2002, 04:26 AM

Maybe some dumb bomy blows off the door?

Come on googi you're not that big of a wind back :p

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-17-2002, 07:26 AM
so you mean the RP for them last night we did would never take place?

and what are these plans made out of, plastic? peices of paper disintigrate, and the ink would run, making the plans useless.
Don't look at everything from such a technical aspect. Since when did magic exsist? Well, actually, it didn't, but of course because this isn't quite real life we improvise.

These ideas were suggested two weeks ago at least, so don't tell me I made this whole thing up just so save out behinds for what happened last night. Who's to say that we did not make duplicates? Gryffon even said himself he had the plans all along, so who really had them all along? You can't trace these kinds of things, so for once let's make it traceable

Googi
04-17-2002, 07:51 AM
Well, another thing I believe that will probably happen is the "kingdom game effect". Just back when there were BIG kingdom games, all the kingdoms would recruit everyone in sight for the games then remove them a day later. This will likely happen again.

*stands in plain Dustari sight :D*

ghostsamurai
04-17-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_

Don't look at everything from such a technical aspect. Since when did magic exsist? Well, actually, it didn't, but of course because this isn't quite real life we improvise.

These ideas were suggested two weeks ago at least, so don't tell me I made this whole thing up just so save out behinds for what happened last night. Who's to say that we did not make duplicates? Gryffon even said himself he had the plans all along, so who really had them all along? You can't trace these kinds of things, so for once let's make it traceable I agree that it shoudl be traceable, but some great race to collect them woudl be bad..

Googi
04-17-2002, 08:14 AM
I agree that it shoudl be traceable, but some great race to collect them woudl be bad..

Especially when you know you'll be hammered.

ghostsamurai
04-17-2002, 08:39 AM

Especially when you know you'll be hammered. no, because we would just find out who had the most peices, jump them, get them, and it would all start over again.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-17-2002, 08:57 AM
no, because we would just find out who had the most peices, jump them, get them, and it would all start over again.
I can't think of any other way to distribute them fairly or get them in some sort of RP fashion.

ghostsamurai
04-17-2002, 09:19 AM
just make a map tube graphic, and make it tradable using the trade item, and give it to a Dustari member. It would cost 100 gralats for a Scribe to copy the plans, creating another one. you would be able to destroy plans, also. It would be a courtesy rule that any time someone killed you in an RP fashion while you had the plans and searched your wounded body, they could have the plans.

Googi
04-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Okay, sure, that'll work.

Jin2
04-17-2002, 12:40 PM
just make a map tube graphic, and make it tradable using the trade item, and give it to a Dustari member. It would cost 100 gralats for a Scribe to copy the plans, creating another one. you would be able to destroy plans, also. It would be a courtesy rule that any time someone killed you in an RP fashion while you had the plans and searched your wounded body, they could have the plans. A person has to be actually pked when they are "RP killed." You can just just say *stab* or *kill* and the person is dead. You can only use that for capture, for example you would say *capture* capture someone, because there is no way to actually capture someone, but there is a way to kill them.

cloudstrifevii
04-17-2002, 11:03 PM
me(Peg Leg) and Iku Hookand(Hiker) buried the pieces long ago he has a map of the pieces this sounds good more rping is fine with me.

scottman5587
04-17-2002, 11:32 PM
If the copy price is only 100g there will too many copies

ghostsamurai
04-18-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by scottman5587
If the copy price is only 100g there will too many copies that's why you cant delete peices, and you have to have to have a book/map for the scribe in order for him to copy it.
hell, we need a scribe office in the mage tower :D

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-18-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii
me(Peg Leg) and Iku Hookand(Hiker) buried the pieces long ago he has a map of the pieces this sounds good more rping is fine with me.
That's the problem:

Pirates claim they buried it a long time ago
Dustari says they duplicated it and have it
Karakaze says they have it
Others say that it doesn't even exsist yet

When it comes down to it, who really DOES have it?

cloudstrifevii
04-20-2002, 02:58 AM
Ok this is it. Pirates did bury it long ago and gave one just one piece to Karakaze and Dustari did get the plans but not the model. The plans were written in the Pirate Voodoo language that only 2 people can duplicate. Ghost and well maybe Sparkplug.

ghostsamurai
04-20-2002, 04:04 AM
voodoo language translation is a stupid idea.

Spanko
04-20-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_

That's the problem:

Pirates claim they buried it a long time ago
Dustari says they duplicated it and have it
Karakaze says they have it
Others say that it doesn't even exsist yet

When it comes down to it, who really DOES have it? The ones who know they have it only have a piece, thiough they don't realize it.
The other ingdoms don't know it exists yet until one of them actually accidentally stumbles upon a part? (Sort of like a message in a bottle which got washed to Zormite territory?)

Just ideas though, and I won't even be invovled in them either. :P

ghostsamurai
04-21-2002, 03:43 AM
there should be 2 versions: the Dustari one, and the Pirate one

there would be copies of each oth them, and Karakaze would surely get one of them again :)

LilNiglet
04-22-2002, 05:37 AM
Ok this is it. Pirates did bury it long ago and gave one just one piece to Karakaze and Dustari did get the plans but not the model. The plans were written in the Pirate Voodoo language that only 2 people can duplicate. Ghost and well maybe Sparkplug.

Err... what are you all talking about?

The Dustarian Science team didn't COPY the plan, we MADE new ones. FOr all we know, the way we make our airships are 65965943593475 times diffrent.

ghostsamurai
04-22-2002, 07:06 AM
how can something be different x 65965943593475?

Googi
04-22-2002, 09:22 AM
...If everyone had airships, every kingdom except Zormite would be leveled in a day.

Spanko
04-22-2002, 06:12 PM
how can something be different x 65965943593475? By being the plans for something with the same name, yet being completely different, or not even the same type of thing?

toad1413
04-22-2002, 07:25 PM
...If everyone had airships, every kingdom except Zormite would be leveled in a day.

Being an underwater kingdom is soo much fun. :D

Anyways, could someone fill me in on this? Airships? Plans? How'd this come about?

Googi
04-22-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by toad1413

Being an underwater kingdom is soo much fun. :D

Anyways, could someone fill me in on this? Airships? Plans? How'd this come about?

Well, Dustari attacks Pirate Crew, then me an redflair run in and steal plans from the mad scientists lab. We then give them to the Field Marshall and he said he was going to give them to Gryffon, I have no idea what happened after that.

kevy
05-08-2002, 09:02 PM
((this could get very intersesting))

GryffonDurime
05-10-2002, 05:42 AM
I still have the plans. No one ever took them from me nor did I ever give anyone them. Besides, Dustari deserves such technology. We're the ones with actual Scientists.

Googi
05-10-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
I still have the plans. No one ever took them from me nor did I ever give anyone them. Besides, Dustari deserves such technology. We're the ones with actual Scientists.

Well, actually Dustari didn't make Airship technology, they stole it from Pirate Crew.

LilNiglet
05-10-2002, 07:28 AM

Well, actually Dustari didn't make Airship technology, they stole it from Pirate Crew.
*smacks forehead*

Wrong. The plans were originally produced in SEPTEMBER of 2001, in Dustari. At that time, the project was kept secret.

The original plans are from Dustari. End.

P-a-W-n
05-10-2002, 07:52 AM
First of all, the plan that I told to you, Henry, was basically 99.9% of Iku's and Peg Leg's ideas, so I'm not going to take credit for them.

Secondly, they hid/buried the pieces of the model, or something, not the plans. (::looking at a history with some conversation with Hiker/Iku some weeks back:: ). So even if Gryffon did have the plans, or someone else had the plans, the RP event would still kind of work, I think...

Hiker
05-15-2002, 06:22 AM
I still have the exact locations written down.