PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider?

Brad
04-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Alot of people consider toguilds/pms IC in rp'ing. I always considered them OOC. I know Dustari has a strict rule that they are IC which is why I talk in brackets to them. As zormite emp I taught my men that toguilds were ooc...am I wrong? Just seems right . . .Sometimes they were IC, but only during special events...

Googi
04-14-2002, 10:53 PM
OOC

Zelgadis_Geywords
04-14-2002, 10:55 PM
I don't know. I see to guild messages more as a way of how the said kingdom would plan out something, more than an IC outlet. Assuming that is most of the RP goes on in Graal, and not in PM.

(That probably made no sense. If it didn't, my apologies.)

Ghost Pirate
04-15-2002, 02:11 AM
I think Dustari considers toguilds a telepathic message

I try to have my men rely messages during a RP event

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-15-2002, 02:19 AM
The policy is toguilds are RP'ing, and if you talk OOC then you put it in brackets like this (( ))
But as of lately, it seems that most of the time toguilds are OOC and it's become increasingly difficult to maintain this policy

Skatche
04-15-2002, 02:52 AM
toguilds: IC
PMs: OOC

My reasoning: With toguilds, you are communicating to your kingdom and therefore participating in an RP event of sorts. To send out non-RP messages can ruin the atmosphere for some people. If you really need everyone in your kingdom to see an OOC message, it's not a huge strain to put (()) or even just () around messages. With PMs, on the other hand, you're having a private conversation, so it doesn't really matter.

FFusion
04-15-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Skatche
toguilds: IC
PMs: OOC

TrueHeaT
04-15-2002, 03:48 AM
toguilds: depends
PMs: ooc

draygin
04-15-2002, 04:17 AM
for the most part I see them as ooc I mean you always have idiots toguilding: HELP I'm bein taken hostage or some crap like that. If you where really bein taken hostage you wouldnt have some toguild device you could call out to all your friends begging for help no one would know you're being taken but every time any thing happens the first thing the person does is say help I'm being taken hostage or to many of them etc... I had a guy do that in KT yesterday I refused to go because I didn't really know he was being taken hostage.