PDA

View Full Version : Idea for better participation and notice of Events


HVOstroHS
04-14-2002, 04:45 AM
Sometimes, well most of the time, there is a lack of ppl going to events. This is mostly due to low prizes and bad hosts. But, there could be a better way to raise awareness of events. For instance, if an event is going on and somebody new connects to the server, have a message pop up saying "An event is going on! The event is:". Also, when an ET starts an event they should have a system for this as well (for those people that ignore Mass Messages).

Think it's a good idea? Yes/no? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Valder
04-14-2002, 02:42 PM
No, people ignore mass messages for a reason and new members aren't joining 2k1 anymore due to it's "shittyness". Besides, most new players become bomy's and bomy's RARELY can participate in events.

Scorpz
04-14-2002, 04:03 PM
I dont think he means a mass, I think he means things like whe graal 2001 is updated and you get that box.

Proxy
04-14-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by HVOstroHS
Sometimes, well most of the time, there is a lack of ppl going to events. This is mostly due to low prizes and bad hosts. But, there could be a better way to raise awareness of events. For instance, if an event is going on and somebody new connects to the server, have a message pop up saying "An event is going on! The event is:". Also, when an ET starts an event they should have a system for this as well (for those people that ignore Mass Messages).

Think it's a good idea? Yes/no? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Then you get PMs saying "WAIT FOR ME I WANT TO PLAY THE EVENT! NO FAIR, YOU'RE CORRUPT! YOU STARTED WITHOUT ME!"
Same with masses that people get when they're afk or brb... it's a big mess, but overall, it's a decent idea... I don't know if it would promote Event participation though.

Googi
04-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Mass and toall it.

HVOstroHS
04-17-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Scorpz
I dont think he means a mass, I think he means things like whe graal 2001 is updated and you get that box.

trunkssj5x
04-25-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Valder
No, people ignore mass messages for a reason and new members aren't joining 2k1 anymore due to it's "shittyness". Besides, most new players become bomy's and bomy's RARELY can participate in events.

You know,you take the worst case scenario,your startin to PISS me off:mad:

DragonX2
04-26-2002, 04:50 AM
Bomys can now participate in any event they like because they have basically the same health as humans now so no more bomy hate :)

Proxy
04-26-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by DragonX2
Bomys can now participate in any event they like because they have basically the same health as humans now so no more bomy hate :)

Yay. :)

Brad
04-29-2002, 05:25 AM
Holy:
and you can morph now if you want to be a human.
so pfft.

Redflair
04-29-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Proxy


Then you get PMs saying "WAIT FOR ME I WANT TO PLAY THE EVENT! NO FAIR, YOU'RE CORRUPT! YOU STARTED WITHOUT ME!"
Same with masses that people get when they're afk or brb... it's a big mess, but overall, it's a decent idea... I don't know if it would promote Event participation though.

that wouldnt be a problem if there was some kind of event warper, an npc that warps the player to an event.

Brad
04-30-2002, 05:08 AM
there are events scattered throughout 2k1, people would just warp there to conveniantely (sp?) go where they want.

Redflair
04-30-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Brad
there are events scattered throughout 2k1, people would just warp there to conveniantely (sp?) go where they want.

no, if there is an event active, then the npc would work. if there wasnt, then it wouldnt work ;)

HVOstroHS
05-01-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Redflair


no, if there is an event active, then the npc would work. if there wasnt, then it wouldnt work ;)

What if there were 2 going on at once? :megaeek:

LilNiglet
05-01-2002, 05:30 AM
Better yet:

Make a system in ewhich ET's can send messages through the status system to everyone announcing events.

Redflair
05-03-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by HVOstroHS


What if there were 2 going on at once? :megaeek:

mabe it could show a list of events.

Gangster88
05-04-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by DragonX2
Bomys can now participate in any event they like because they have basically the same health as humans now so no more bomy hate :)
bomys rox my sox

BBflat
05-19-2002, 11:33 PM
There is a system on Shaded Legend that works awesome for things like this.

First, there is a message box (separate from the chat system and PMs) that appears in the bottom right of your screen, telling you whenever an event is going to start, who the winner was, etc.

Second, there is an events warper that takes you to the event house or to the designated event.

It works great, and everyone is happy. As for people coming on at the last minute and getting all angry, usually a PM to the Events Team works. It takes about 15 seconds to get to the event, though, so it is not much of an issue.

RIOT2002
05-20-2002, 01:59 AM
that sounds like a good idea to me...it would make it easier than having to tell some of the new people how to get to the events...

reeset1
05-31-2002, 01:05 PM
People could still abuse it. They could just warp to the event and leave so they can get to places quicker.

BBflat
05-31-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by reeset1
People could still abuse it. They could just warp to the event and leave so they can get to places quicker.
That's not abuse. Besides, there is no place they would be able to get to quicker, since the event house is in the main level where the warp ring is. It would be foolish for a person to use the events warper to get to any place quicker except for an event.

screen_name
07-19-2002, 01:33 PM
lilnight, lol i thought of that too, maybe they'll add it

and for redflair, ET's aren't supposed to hold an event if there is already one going :)