PDA

View Full Version : Do you Rhydin RP?


P-a-W-n
04-12-2002, 12:25 PM
I'm kind of bored, so I'm just going to make a poll to find out how many of you Rhydin RP (or have Rhydin RPed).

Skatche
04-12-2002, 12:30 PM
Yeah, the last one. What is Rhydin? A pen-and-paper RPG?

P-a-W-n
04-12-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Skatche
Yeah, the last one. What is Rhydin? A pen-and-paper RPG?

Nah, it's just regular chatroom RPing.

But I got in the habit of calling it Rhydin RPing because of AOL's Rhydin RP chatrooms.

Skatche
04-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Tell me... how does one find this "Rhydin" of which you speak?

P-a-W-n
04-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Skatche
Tell me... how does one find this "Rhydin" of which you speak?

Well, if you have AOL, you go to the Arts & Entertainment chatrooms created by members, and then just join one. The RP community in general on AOL is called Rhydin.

And if you don't have AOL, you have to get a bunch of people that chatroom RP together in a chatroom and start one.

Qwert616
04-12-2002, 12:48 PM
Nope

ZanderX
04-12-2002, 12:50 PM
oh my god i was hoping i wouldn't see a thread like this on the forums oh god

P-a-W-n
04-12-2002, 12:51 PM
::idea::

Maybe, instead of attempting to teach the new RPers how to RP, we should hold chatroom RP events, and sessions, and have them watch some of the current and former Rhydin RPers...well, RP. It's proven that you learn better visually. =\ Just a thought...

P-a-W-n
04-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX
oh my god i was hoping i wouldn't see a thread like this on the forums oh god

-__-; What's so bad about chatroom RPing? It's the same as Graal RPing, without the graphics.

::gets the feeling Kamuii doesn't like her very much:: :(

ZanderX
04-12-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by P-a-W-n


-__-; What's so bad about chatroom RPing? It's the same as Graal RPing, without the graphics.

::gets the feeling Kamuii doesn't like her very much:: :(

i hate rhydin ahhh. :( private roleplaying forums like pangaea are so much more fun and FREE OF IDIOTSAHHHHH.

P-a-W-n
04-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX


i hate rhydin ahhh. :( private roleplaying forums like pangaea are so much more fun and FREE OF IDIOTSAHHHHH.

Well, I have to admit, a lot of Rhydin people are idiots. But it's where I started, and I call it that still. I'll call it chatroom RPing then, because I don't go on the public chats anymore. =\

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-12-2002, 01:11 PM
I have never role-played in a chatroom before, but I imagine it's similar to the free form role-play threads Dante made in the Non Graal related forum. Those were fun, but they got really long after a while.

P-a-W-n
04-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
I have never role-played in a chatroom before, but I imagine it's similar to the free form role-play threads Dante made in the Non Graal related forum. Those were fun, but they got really long after a while.

It's sort of like Graal. With the right people, it's fun. If you meet the idiots and the jackasses, then it's not all that enjoyable.

But just think Graal RP with more Old English type speak, and more descriptive actions. Like instead of just ::draws sword:: it's ::carefully unsheaths a so and so type sword, blah blah blah, more stuff...::. Basically because you don't have to worry about someone killing you in battle while you're typing.

Jin2
04-13-2002, 05:19 AM
I strarted roleplaying on IRC, as Harry Potter on a #Hogwarts channel
*ashamed*
:( :( :(

ghostsamurai
04-13-2002, 07:41 AM
I started RPing as Sisok the Lich on classic ;)

P-a-W-n
04-13-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Jin2
I strarted roleplaying on IRC, as Harry Potter on a #Hogwarts channel
*ashamed*
:( :( :(

Don't feel bad....I actually started roleplaying as a Jigglypuff or something on some Pokemon chatroom when I was in the 4th grade. :( :( :( :( :( :( ::hides under her bed, embarassed:: Thank God I only did that once, because my friend said it was fun, but it wasn't, so I quit.

And then a few months later on I got into Rhydin RP.

Kohojogo
04-13-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by P-a-W-n


Don't feel bad....I actually started roleplaying as a Jigglypuff or something on some Pokemon chatroom when I was in the 4th grade. :( :( :( :( :( :( ::hides under her bed, embarassed:: Thank God I only did that once, because my friend said it was fun, but it wasn't, so I quit.

And then a few months later on I got into Rhydin RP.

SHAME YOU!!! SHAME YOU MUCH AND FOR EVER!