PDA

View Full Version : Rp Development...

Artificial_Sweetener
04-09-2002, 04:51 AM
Ok, I know this should be posted in the Future Devolpment forums but It has hardly any Traffic there so I'd rather post it here and get your opinions/ideas..

Ok here is what I am proposing, Let us all sit down and share our ideas on future RP additions any of the G2k1 Developers could add in when he/she isn't busy...

My first ideas...

Visual Action NPC,
I know you and everyone else that RP's hates constanlty having to express simple actions into Words.. For example like when you walk into the throne room and see the king/queen/any other royal family, You'd have to say ':: Kneels or *Kneels*'..
Maybe we could figure some Visual GUI interface that enables you to select certain actions you would like to visualize... And if constantly having to go through and picking the action get's annoying, maybe we can make it so you can bind it to certain keys??
Well here are some i'd like to be added to the NPC IF it gets added.
Kneel, sit, Lay down, Pray?, Fighting (Kick, Punch, push, etc..), Some sort of pose..., And most of all GRAB. There are many of those who like to Take others hostage.. Maybe we could use this so the other player couldn't move? Another thing, The only way you could grab someone is if the other person has a Kingdom Tag. Well go ahead and flame me for not posting on the other forum =P and if your nice about things, post your opinnions on my idea or just post your own ideas :)

Differ color =P

Hiker
04-09-2002, 04:52 AM
Please post in a different color. I can't read that.

Artificial_Sweetener
04-09-2002, 04:53 AM
Heh ok

scottman5587
04-09-2002, 05:15 AM
sounds good to me

vsignasv
04-09-2002, 05:40 AM
Nice Idea that we have been talking about for months

Jin2
04-09-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Artificial_Sweetener

Ok, I know this should be posted in the Future Devolpment forums but It has hardly any Traffic there so I'd rather post it here and get your opinions/ideas..

Ok here is what I am proposing, Let us all sit down and share our ideas on future RP additions any of the G2k1 Developers could add in when he/she isn't busy...

My first ideas...

Visual Action NPC,
I know you and everyone else that RP's hates constanlty having to express simple actions into Words.. For example like when you walk into the throne room and see the king/queen/any other royal family, You'd have to say ':: Kneels or *Kneels*'..
Maybe we could figure some Visual GUI interface that enables you to select certain actions you would like to visualize... And if constantly having to go through and picking the action get's annoying, maybe we can make it so you can bind it to certain keys??
Kneel, sit, Lay down, Pray?, Fighting (Kick, Punch, push, etc..), Some sort of pose..., And most of all GRAB. There are many of those who like to Take others hostage.. Maybe we could use this so the other player couldn't move? Another thing, The only way you could grab someone is if the other person has a Kingdom Tag. Well go ahead and flame me for not posting on the other forum =P and if your nice about things, post your opinnions on my idea or just post your own ideas :)

Differ color =P I suggest the "grab" idea to Er1c, for 2002.

Brad
04-09-2002, 05:52 AM
Maybe a way to program our own commands into the item. That way for lets say orcs they would have to program things like *grunts* etc.

fenderbender2965
04-09-2002, 06:05 AM
sort of like *hug* but not

scottman5587
04-09-2002, 06:52 AM
we should also have *smiles* and *frowns* etc.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-09-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by scottman5587
Hmm.. that might be a bit too detailed, you couldn't really see that on a persons face very well. But I like the other actions, they would be just simple ganis that require making.

Skatche
04-09-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by scottman5587

For those we have the Ctrl+letter smilies. Anyway the idea of an Actions NPC is good, but it may be difficult to make it both flexible and easy to use.

Kohojogo
04-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Artificial_Sweetener

My first ideas...

Visual Action NPC,

Differ color =P

A wonderfull idea!!! Get some one to add it ;)