PDA

View Full Version : Well well...

Skatche
04-02-2002, 09:55 AM
It appears my roleplaying essay I posted a little while ago payed off... I have been contacted by Stefan Knorr regarding some new kingdoms and features on Graal 2002. He sent me the following e-mail:

Skatche:

I was very impressed in your essay about roleplay on Graal. You are clearly an experienced roleplayer. So, I wanted to offer to you a staff position in Graal 2002. You see, I've made some ideas about new kindoms on Graal 2002. First of all I am adding a kingdom called the Cyberpunk Elite, it is a futuristic kingdom that will get a spaceship and several futuristic weapons such as blasters. Also I am going to add the Stefan Cult, where the members can worship me. Ha ha, they seem to do this already. I think that both these should be fun for the players. As for your staff position, I want you to be a Roleplay Advisor with me. I do not roleplay very much, so I will like your input and suggestions. Please e-mail me with the response, and if you accept you would be given a staff account within an hour. Thanks alot.

I accepted, of course, and two hours later I was online with my new account, listing off suggestions for Stefan.

First of all, I feel Karakaze Troupe and the two new kingdoms will need the most support, as they are still relatively new and will not have many members. As such, special provisions will be made for them. To begin with, all Stefan Cult members will automatically be given playerhouses, free of charge. I feel this should be incentive enough for the fine roleplayers of Graal to join. The Cyberpunk Elite will be given space blasters, as suggested, and teleporters, which will function similairly to a Staff member's warpto. However, I will add a five-second wait period between uses, to prevent abuse. The Karakaze Troupe will be given lockpicks, which will allow them not only to break into playerhouses, but also open the chests which hold money. Don't worry - only 2/3 lockpicking attempts will succeed.

As for the Graal world in general, I feel that food will be a welcome addition to roleplaying. Your character will get hungry on a regular basis; if you go too long without eating, they will grow weak and finally "die" - that is, their account will be reset. Don't worry - an hour of solid work will provide you with enough money to buy a slice of cheese or an apple. Taxes will also be added. They will be directed to me, and I will use them as I see fit. This will allow me to regularly hold races, CS matches, and hockey games - all are welcome roleplaying events. Both of these things should increase the realism on Graal. I am still debating whether characters should grow old and die naturally (thus having their accounts reset).

I am looking forward to making the Graal 2002 world a better place. Thank you to everyone who replied to my essay topic, keeping it topped for long enough for Stefan to read it. Thank you also to Stefan, for hiring me as staff.

GryffonDurime
04-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Food? Old age? Realism is a good thing to an extent.....too much realism and the game becomes a tedious reminder of real life. That's why we play, to forget about these things. And that was an April Fool's post, wasnt it?

Googi
04-02-2002, 11:22 AM
Well, this is one of the more obvious pranks of the day.

Skatche
04-02-2002, 11:43 AM
I wasn't really going for believability... just humour. I really hope that nothing like that ever, ever happens to Graal 2002.

ghostsamurai
04-02-2002, 11:50 AM
oh god, you had me scared for a second ;p

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
04-02-2002, 12:52 PM
Heh, you had me all the way up until the part about Cyberpunk Elite

DarkDragon452
04-05-2002, 05:19 AM
Damn it all sounded so cool... cept the dying from starvation part. LOL.

TrueHeaT
04-05-2002, 09:24 AM
hahah! good one
I was just about to post a big "NO" and question your sanity about the cyberpunks