PDA

View Full Version : Canvas does not allow painting

bk4syth
03-17-2001, 01:55 AM
I was sitting paused on the Classic server and I got this message: "Canvas does not allow painting." I was having a conversation with someone through pms. Every time I clicked OK, it came back again. Then the messages switched to that I was out of resources and my computer froze.

Crono Illusion
03-17-2001, 02:00 AM
How much RAM do you have, and how fast is your processor?

bk4syth
03-17-2001, 02:06 AM
RAM? 128 I think. How fast is my processor? Is that in megahertz? I think it's about 300.

SSmutz
03-17-2001, 03:15 AM
ig et that error when i run frontpage or aim at the same time i run graal. try turning off some of your programs

Crono Illusion
03-17-2001, 05:07 AM
The only kinds of errors with Graal I get are illegal operations that bring down the system in a big crash.

ReBBisH
03-17-2001, 05:20 AM
yea Crono...I get those too...Very Evil....

http://www.hyperspacehq.com/rebsig.gif

Crono Illusion
03-17-2001, 05:51 AM
Hopefully I'll have less problems when I get Win 2K.

Hawk
03-17-2001, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by bk4syth
I was sitting paused on the Classic server and I got this message: "Canvas does not allow painting." I was having a conversation with someone through pms. Every time I clicked OK, it came back again. Then the messages switched to that I was out of resources and my computer froze.

I never got an email in [email protected] EVER about that kind of bug...
yes, very odd.

kyle0654
03-17-2001, 10:08 AM
I get that error a lot. Well, earlier version of graal gave it to me more. Likely what's happening is you're running low on ram, or your computer is trying to draw too many things at once or something.

It still pops up on me sometimes when I start trying to use ICQ a lot while playing Graal. Or when I'm running too much stuff at the same time along with graal. Basically, when that comes up, I know I need to give my computer a nice punch in the reset button.

Stefan might be able to tell you moreso what it means...I'd just try and close some stuff if I were you, especially stuff that uses a big gui or something (I use ICQ Plus, probably my problem right there)

Mustang1988
03-25-2001, 04:01 AM
I think it means you have to go buy a new paintbrush so you can paint on the canvas

grim_squeaker_x
03-25-2001, 07:11 AM
As a number of people said, it probably is that your computer tries to do too many actions at once, try closing a few messaging programs (I.E. ICQ, AIM etc.), that might help, if this doesn't work try closing all programs in the background using control alt delete except the following programs:
Explorer
Systray
Virus scanner (Always should be enabled while you are online)
Firewall (If you have one)

K-Dawg
03-25-2001, 10:00 PM
Yes it happens to me a lot when out of system resources
What you do is either
1. Restart your COmputer
or
2. Close so programs and then hold down enter on graal should fix it ;)

Lugie
03-26-2001, 12:30 PM
I used to always get this same thing.

here is how i temporarily fixed it:

ctr+alt+del and close graal and other not so useful programs(back web agent) or anything else that you're not using. then restart graal and it works fine until u want to use other programs.

here is how i permanently fixed it:

reformatted and got rid of all the useless junk on my computer