PDA

View Full Version : Boredom on graal.

c0nsp1racy
03-29-2002, 03:54 PM
Is this an issue to you?

c0nsp1racy
03-29-2002, 03:56 PM
I mean I love going there sitting on a fake chair and doing nothing for hours as much as the next person but somthing has to be done. And even once this new quest comes out itll be fun for like the first 15min then once you do it its like oh now what =/

Aliendude
03-29-2002, 03:59 PM
Yeah, about 99% of the time. When I'm bored I usually just try finding new friends, or I go mess around on other servers.

c0nsp1racy
03-29-2002, 04:00 PM
Bah they more developers.

Aliendude
03-29-2002, 04:06 PM
They need alot more long quests that aren't impossible to win on your own =/ Stupid little NPCs like the jump rope can be at the end, we don't need new swords, hearts and things like that. Atleast we'll have somethign to do for a little bit.

I haven't seen any events getting held lately. The ETs should hold one even if it isn't for a prize! Not much people would go, but a few of the really bored ones would.

c0nsp1racy
03-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Yea and we should bring some npcs from classic here like the brugees bird or whatever *Cough hookshot rip off* but thats a totally original idea and we want it!

c0nsp1racy
03-29-2002, 04:09 PM
Also make a bunch of quests for hacky sack skinz that could be coo.

Aliendude
03-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Maybe they could make it so you can select your hacky sack skin sort of like a hat ^^ That way you could collect skins on quests and stuff. Just a thought.

Ghost Pirate
03-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Hopefully when 2k2 comes out..players who get bored can simply kill monsters gain exp train their weapon kills...build a house..sleep under the stairs with a crackling fire...finish building your house...build a bed...sleep in your newly made house...leave the next morning to catch fish and cook them with your stove...Throw throwing knifes at some Voodoo Dolls...ride a weird creautres...fight giant penguins....cut down a tree...make a ship...sail the seas....rinse, recycle, reuse.

c0nsp1racy
03-29-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate
Hopefully when 2k2 comes out..players who get bored can simply kill monsters gain exp train their weapon kills...build a house..sleep under the stairs with a crackling fire...finish building your house...build a bed...sleep in your newly made house...leave the next morning to catch fish and cook them with your stove...Throw throwing knifes at some Voodoo Dolls...ride a weird creautres...fight giant penguins....cut down a tree...make a ship...sail the seas....rinse, recycle, reuse.

Enough about 2k2 damn its not out stop talking about it if you ask me it looks like regular graal with biggers pictures. I think itll be cheesey at points and most will go back to 2k1

Bomy2Dope
03-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by c0nsp1racy

Enough about 2k2 damn its not out stop talking about it if you ask me it looks like regular graal with biggers pictures. I think itll be cheesey at points and most will go back to 2k1

we will see..!

i think more and LONGER events would be cool

Spanko
03-29-2002, 07:20 PM
It depends on who is online, I can usually spend my time bothering people enough not to get bored, though I do pride myself on the fact that I'm online rather rarely.

vsignasv
03-29-2002, 07:56 PM
Who in the hell cares? Graal2002's comin out sometime in the next few years.

Minoc
03-29-2002, 08:01 PM
classic is better
g2k1 sucks

Bomy2Dope
03-29-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Minoc
classic is better
g2k1 sucks
g2k1 is better than classic...
but NOBODY is in g2k1
that, only that is the ****

Saga2001
03-29-2002, 08:34 PM
heya...
i get bored, so i script...
heya!
the jump rope makes fun of me...

Minoc
03-29-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Bomy2Dope

g2k1 is better than classic...
but NOBODY is in g2k1
that, only that is the ****
A game should be fun.
You have to work to get money on G2K1.
Working there is NOT fun.
And you can't even pk there, even people with no money pause and run.

Androk2k1
03-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Hmmm ... es 2k2 will probably be interective, but isn't it easier to just do all that right now? I mean I already started a role plating Diary, and I already ahve 2 enteries... Here is my first one:

Year 27 Month 05 Day 05

I woke up because of a strange noise outside of Pagoda. I went outside to see what was making a noise. But there was nothing. I was fairly happy about something disturbing my sleep, because today I was supposed to stay awake for 24 hours. This is a tradition that was passed to me from my dad. Each 10th day he didnít sleep for exactly 24 hours, he believed it made his spirit and body stronger. At 3:00 I already was on a farming field, trying to grow a Tree. Our empire needs food in order to survive. I thought it would rain, thus helping me to water the plant, but it was as dry as a Bamboo Rod in a desert. It was already 5:00, when I saw my Tatsujin; I greeted him and continued with my work. I was done with my tree only at 20:00 and the only thing left was to bake a pie for my self, because I havenít been eating during whole day. It took me 2 more hours to get to Harmonia and start baking. When I was done it already was 00:10. I ate a pie and went out to find a place to stay asleep at. I found some weird house, but well it had some beds. I went fast asleep.

And you don't even have to be in a kingdom... you can just think of a personality write it somewhere and start doing diaries (That day is one Graalian Day), Anyhow.. nobody can entertain you better then you...

AlexH
03-29-2002, 09:42 PM
What the quest needs to be like is a classic quest.
Long and makes you go lots of places.
Maybe like the magic quest, thats pretty tough.
And we like slashing baddies so a few of them wouldn't hurt.

Androk2k1
03-29-2002, 09:45 PM
Quest should be ike a giant puzzle... like for example collect all pieces of the puzzle, and when you are done, well you get a random useless object worth under 50g =) Maybe even a Hat... But befor you have to collect like 10 pieces of the puzzle.

Too bad there is no staff that gives ideas to other stuff, I mean those new players don't have to have RCs but still, so that Staff would listen to some ideas made up by plaeyrs..

AlexH
03-29-2002, 09:49 PM
I think the magic quest on classic is the best quest I've ever done.
You start by getting a key for the mayors house then it breaks and you have to go trecking all ove the world to get the blacksmith and then you have to get pieces of stones magnets etc to get the key put back together.
Quests actually quite hard and most of all long to keep us ammused for a while.

Bomy2Dope
03-29-2002, 09:59 PM
or prices you can only win in an event!

Psyker
03-29-2002, 10:45 PM
i have playerworld stuff to do, so that usually occupies me. other than that, i'm usually bugging gameo.

Shorty2Dope
03-29-2002, 10:58 PM

A game should be fun.
You have to work to get money on G2K1.
Working there is NOT fun.
And you can't even pk there, even people with no money pause and run.

The PKers on classic suck.. I went on classic to see why everyone thinks it is so great.. I think I entered the biggest **** server in the world... Horrible levels.. dumb people.. It wasn't intresting at all.

The first 5 min I spent getting out of the newbie town, then once finally out.. I went to go see about the great PKers.. WTS! In 5 min I had a crap load of kills and one death.. no wonder people have 3k kills.. it is so easy to kill a mob. I ran in the middle of 10 people who had loads of hearts, I had 3.. I owned about 5 and then died :(

AlexH
03-29-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Psyker
i have playerworld stuff to do, so that usually occupies me. other than that, i'm usually bugging gameo.

I'd put my boredom there but it won't fit. :(

draygin
03-29-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Shorty2Dope

The PKers on classic suck.. I went on classic to see why everyone thinks it is so great.. I think I entered the biggest **** server in the world... Horrible levels.. dumb people.. It wasn't intresting at all.

The first 5 min I spent getting out of the newbie town, then once finally out.. I went to go see about the great PKers.. WTS! In 5 min I had a crap load of kills and one death.. no wonder people have 3k kills.. it is so easy to kill a mob. I ran in the middle of 10 people who had loads of hearts, I had 3.. I owned about 5 and then died :(

PKers just arnt of the same quality they once where on classic it seems all I ever see any more is people using trident and other NPC's. Better than G2k1 though you have people who try and pk you then run when they get spanked and whine about how they have money and they're the ones who attacked you. Or my personal favorite hide in the water in spar room 2 or outside near the river attack once then run back in the water. I mean talk about cowards at least on Classic they know how to die dignity.

Also if you where owning people with lots of hearts thats your problem the real fighters will have low ap and only 3-5 hearts max depending on how high there ap is.

cshank4
03-29-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate
sleep under the stairs with a crackling fire...
for some odd reason that sounds a lil iffy

Tyhm
03-30-2002, 12:14 AM
I don't recall saying the Bruges Bird wasn't a Boomerang ripoff, nor the Birdshot a Hookshot ripoff...they're just a smidge less copyrighted is all.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-30-2002, 12:24 AM
2K1 is boring. On Friday nights, there used to be over 100 people online playing and having fun. Now Graal 2001 can barely break the 50 people mark. That server is going down when 2002 comes out, there is no way that anyone else will be playing it. If you look at the population of the remaining 2001 people, most of them are role-players. They will all be gone to 2002

DarkPyro_2001
03-30-2002, 12:29 AM
*Bruges Bird is not a Hookshot ripoff; it isn't even anything like the hookshot except for the fact that it moves across the screen. It's more like the boomerang, but more original and less copyrighted. Now, the *Birdshot has a grappling hook (AKA the Hookshot) as part of it... :rolleyes:

Androk2k1
03-30-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Shorty2Dope

You had Newbie Protection, that means that untill you get lvl 2 sword and reccoinect you are invincable

c0nsp1racy
03-30-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by DarkPyro_2001
*Bruges Bird is not a Hookshot ripoff; it isn't even anything like the hookshot except for the fact that it moves across the screen. It's more like the boomerang, but more original and less copyrighted. Now, the *Birdshot has a grappling hook (AKA the Hookshot) as part of it... :rolleyes:

It does same thing as hook shot does once you get the chain.

Googi
03-30-2002, 02:16 AM
Well, usually I'm bored because I'm waiting for Rekad to get on, so I guess yes, but more quests won't help...

Shorty2Dope
03-30-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Androk2k1

You had Newbie Protection, that means that untill you get lvl 2 sword and reccoinect you are invincable

Then how did they manage to kill me.. I was losing hearts left and right I just had to run and heal after killing someone.

NotoriousBLT
03-30-2002, 04:36 AM
classic is better
g2k1 sucks

c0nsp1racy
03-30-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Well, usually I'm bored because I'm waiting for Rekad to get on, so I guess yes, but more quests won't help...
Yea it will. Well always have somthing to do.

Constinople
03-30-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by c0nsp1racy
Is this an issue to you?

Well it was boring before i was banned unfairly now that im back its cool, go waste money on fireworks theyre perdy

Diuy2
03-31-2002, 05:49 AM
All Graal is Kinda Boring Latey But thats Eazy to Fix UPDATE iT i bet you that if once a Month they added things it wouldnt be soooo boring :asleep:

manton
03-31-2002, 05:54 AM
The only server I care at all about right now is 2k2.
The minute it comes out, I'll be playing Graal a whole lot more than I do right now. Which is not at all.

Lyndzey
03-31-2002, 06:34 AM
I never play 2001 anymore. I go on once in a while as Duchess Teira, but that's it.

Classic is great. After taking about 25 hours to get 8 hearts and L3 sword, I still have so much to do. I still need to get 6 more heras in order to get 9 hearts and I still need to finish up the magic quest.

You can't say Classic sucks until you have started questing. After getting most of the items, you become addicted to the things they have there.

The GC system is perfect. Events can last an hour to 24 hours (last man standing). Even though we have too many easter egg hunts right now, the GCs are still good and fun.

There are tons of items to keep you occupied. You can either sit in Zol's Pub slashing your sword, or you can go PK in Angel Clan. You can go ride the boat or try and birdshot across Graal.

The staff are nice. They answer PMs fast, and actually help you. The only problem I see is that there are not many GPs, which is being worked on.

I'm tired of people dissing Classic when they have only a few hours. Play a little longer, and you will start to love it.

vovavziggy
03-31-2002, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey
I never play 2001 anymore. I go on once in a while as Duchess Teira, but that's it.

Classic is great. After taking about 25 hours to get 8 hearts and L3 sword, I still have so much to do. I still need to get 6 more heras in order to get 9 hearts and I still need to finish up the magic quest.

You can't say Classic sucks until you have started questing. After getting most of the items, you become addicted to the things they have there.

The GC system is perfect. Events can last an hour to 24 hours (last man standing). Even though we have too many easter egg hunts right now, the GCs are still good and fun.

There are tons of items to keep you occupied. You can either sit in Zol's Pub slashing your sword, or you can go PK in Angel Clan. You can go ride the boat or try and birdshot across Graal.

The staff are nice. They answer PMs fast, and actually help you. The only problem I see is that there are not many GPs, which is being worked on.

I'm tired of people dissing Classic when they have only a few hours. Play a little longer, and you will start to love it.
Exactly. I quit Classic for a while thinking that it was far behind all the other servers, but when I came back, I found it to be funner than Graal 2001. People just say that Classic sucks because they haven't been there for more than 2 seconds in 1 year.

AlexH
03-31-2002, 06:47 AM
I think classics great.
I only recently started playing it.
I got about 30 hours there and still havent got all the hearts or items.
The quests there are awsome, especially the magic quest thats one of the best I've seen.

manton
03-31-2002, 06:48 AM
I would play classic.
But I just don't want to get all of my stuff over again.
Yeah, it sounds lazy, but I've done it atleast 6 times.
My account is constantly being reset for some reason. (On classic that is.) =/

Diuy2
03-31-2002, 08:11 AM
I Agree Classic Is Really Fun Its alot better More Stuff to do and they update it more i got 8 hearts lvl 3 everything i need 6 more heras and magic i havent Started yet

Neonight
03-31-2002, 11:11 AM
I just want some damned non-player-controlled Events, a new job or two for bomies, (even though I despise of Bomies. ;)) and all of those damned torches/lanterns gone. The player torches are fine, but those lanters/torches on buildings lag me to hell, even with lighting effects disabled.

I think there should be a clone of Classic, but on a p2p server so it's not as laggy as the free Classic.