PDA

View Full Version : Airships For Dustari???

Jin2
03-26-2002, 11:29 AM
WE DONT NEED AIRSHIPS ON DUSTARI, THEY DIDNT HAVE AIRSHIPS IN MEDIEVAL TIMES. Gryffon told me that they were going to bomb Karakaze. THAT IS SO STUPID. I shouldn't even care. Graal 2002 is coming out.

vsignasv
03-26-2002, 06:58 PM
I think its a good idea. Of course we will not have bombs but magic, yes. The ships will be slow moving and very primitive like air baloons.

Kohojogo
03-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Jin2
WE DONT NEED AIRSHIPS ON DUSTARI, THEY DIDNT HAVE AIRSHIPS IN MEDIEVAL TIMES. Gryffon told me that they were going to bomb Karakaze. THAT IS SO STUPID. I shouldn't even care. Graal 2002 is coming out.

They had, almost... in the industrial age, when steam power got in use. The hot air ballon came to... And yes industrial age is not the same as midle age...

Kohojogo
03-26-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by vsignasv
I think its a good idea. Of course we will not have bombs but magic, yes. The ships will be slow moving and very primitive like air baloons.

Uum... When the hot air ballon got made gun powder had been in use for like 100 years =/... So they might be able to bomb with cannon balls or like it :D

GryffonDurime
03-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Might I remind you that they also didn't have trains in the Medival times, nor did they have nukeshots like our former guard.

Googi
03-27-2002, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't suggest bombing the Karakaze Cave, they might destroy the crowns, Elven on the other hand.

*is glad Zormite is under water*

Kohojogo
03-27-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Googi
I wouldn't suggest bombing the Karakaze Cave, they might destroy the crowns, Elven on the other hand.

*is glad Zormite is under water*

How much better is it to drow then blow in pices?
I mean, if a bomb fell there the under water cave will brake and crash the castle :rolleyes:

Jin2
03-27-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
Might I remind you that they also didn't have trains in the Medival times, nor did they have nukeshots like our former guard.
Trains and nukeshots were a bad idea. Dustari is medieval kingdom, medieval refers to a time, and in the Medieval Times, they didnt have nukeshots, guns, go-karts, or airships. It doesn't make any sense at all. The idea is very stupid and I hope that there will never be airships.

Kohojogo
03-27-2002, 02:05 AM
Ok... when they come (if they do) we go blow em up, k? :p

Ghost Pirate
03-27-2002, 02:10 AM
Pirates have guns and cannons
GUNPOWDAR!

Jin2
03-27-2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate
Pirates have guns and cannons
GUNPOWDAR!
True, but the British Empire didn't use guns.

Googi
03-27-2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Kohojogo

How much better is it to drow then blow in pices?
I mean, if a bomb fell there the under water cave will brake and crash the castle :rolleyes:

Zormite are fish, when did fish start drowning?

draygin
03-27-2002, 04:01 AM

True, but the British Empire didn't use guns.

umm.. yes they did Revolutionary war they used muskets and all over in Africa during the Zulu Wars they used guns. :o

/edit Now if you go farther back in time to the dark ages there was no British Empire. How ever there was Kings etc.. Its when gunpowder first came into effect towards the end of the Dark ages in massive cannons. The British Empire really wasnt formed until some time around the Renessance Era possibly a bit later than that. During the Age of Exploration if I'm not mistaken. In which the British Empire had control over a vast majority of the world.

Jin2
03-27-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by draygin

umm.. yes they did Revolutionary war they used muskets and all over in Africa during the Zulu Wars they used guns. :o
Those wars were not during Medieval times :rolleyes:

draygin
03-27-2002, 04:13 AM
read my edit there was no British Empires During midevil times :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jin2
03-27-2002, 04:41 AM
read my edit there was no British Empires During midevil times :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I replied to your post before you edited it and yes you are right there was no "Empire" it was a kingdom back then, but it was a powerful one.

ghostsamurai
03-27-2002, 04:41 AM
I think a Dustari airship would be cool. Though there arent airships during medeivel times, this is a fantasy game. Using fire magic from Dustari, they chould create a huge firepowered engine for a sailing ship ;D.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-27-2002, 05:24 AM

/edit Now if you go farther back in time to the dark ages there was no British Empire. How ever there was Kings etc.. Its when gunpowder first came into effect towards the end of the Dark ages in massive cannons. The British Empire really wasnt formed until some time around the Renessance Era possibly a bit later than that. During the Age of Exploration if I'm not mistaken. In which the British Empire had control over a vast majority of the world.
Wrong. It was the Spanish who has claims to most of the lands in the world. In the 16th century, the age in England coined the "Golden Age" (under Elizabeth I) that's when England really started to begin exploring, and it wasn't under the 17th century when they started to colonize North America, make contact with the Japanese in the Orient. Colonization of Africa was more of a 19th century affair when all the major European powers began to colonize Africa. Then they had to have that Berlin Conference in 1886 or 1888 (forget the date) to make official boundaries for it.

By the way, the British were known as Anglo Saxons in the dark ages.

draygin
03-27-2002, 05:27 AM
I didnt mean that part where the spanish was in control I ment further in history when the British Empire had control of a vast majority and in which the phraze The Sun never sets on the British Empire because the empire was so huge that some where in the world the sun was shining down on part of its territory.
/edit Because at one point in time the British Empire passed the Spanish Empire in Territory Either way its not really important the whole point was that the British Empire had guns unless you go into midevil times which was before the British Empire not who owned what land in history.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
03-27-2002, 05:28 AM
I didnt mean that part where the spanish was in control I ment after when the British Empire had control of a vast majority and in which the phraze The Sun never sets on the British Empire because the empire was so huge that some where in the world the sun was shining down on part of its territory.
Yup

LilNiglet
03-27-2002, 07:52 AM
THIS IS A FANTASY GAME. IF THE ADMINS PUT UP A GODZILLA CREATURE THAT KILLS EVERYTHING, WE WOULD HAVE TO ADAPT.

DEAL WITH IT.

Bird2prey
03-27-2002, 11:02 AM
Airships like in FF I take it.

Kohojogo
03-27-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Googi

Zormite are fish, when did fish start drowning?

Let me tell you that if the cave brake then Zormite will lay on land... Normal fishes drow on land :rolleyes:

Zurkiba
03-28-2002, 05:20 AM

Trains and nukeshots were a bad idea. Dustari is medieval kingdom, medieval refers to a time, and in the Medieval Times, they didnt have nukeshots, guns, go-karts, or airships. It doesn't make any sense at all. The idea is very stupid and I hope that there will never be airships.
Graal is more based around the Renaissance. Air technology was made then. And for a second fact... this isn't Earth, Graalians are Graalians not Terrans. So the time zone is one of it's own. Our plans for a flying machine involves Quests and is VERY Primative... It is logical and fits in with a magic theme. SK is making a system where we must pay for alot of things... so if we are able to get this research, then it will probally cost alot.

vsignasv
03-28-2002, 05:41 AM
*remembers how he donated 16g to dustari* Yeah.. lets buy a fleet of airships