PDA

View Full Version : Old Classic

Tyhm
03-24-2002, 01:57 PM
If people want it so much they can have it. PW team, if you would be so kind as to find a group of people whose PWs weren't up to par and contact them about this...I believe I can supply the old Graal levels, all they would have to do is GP them. The levels are, apparently, never to be edited in any way....I recall Sir Xero was trying to get a levels team together, he was a great GP but I'm pretty sure he was aiming for something more original.

...wow, that sounded really ****y. I meant, would you please send a PW's staff with rejected levels my way? I'll give them passable levels, all they'd have to do is nuke the copyrights.

Psyker
03-24-2002, 02:01 PM
Sure, why not? All of those people who were always crying about missing old graal would stop, and that would rid us of a lot of people.

Which version would it be from, anyway...? ;)

Tyhm
03-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Oh, 1.28 I imagine.
Whatever that last levels pack was. To me they're all inferior, so I'm a lousy judge, but since I keep everything I probably still have that levels pack zipped in the recesses somewhere....just run the assimilator on it so they use Classic's pngs...that'll get the graphics bugs....

Psyker
03-24-2002, 02:14 PM
I'll try to ask Stefan about it.

I'll need all the help I can get... you try to get into contact with him too, Thym ;x

Tyhm
03-24-2002, 02:16 PM
What's to approve?
It'd be a regular PW, just with some familiar levels...^_^

Psyker
03-24-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
What's to approve?
It'd be a regular PW, just with some familiar levels...^_^
The hard part is getting to Stefan. ;)

Tyhm
03-24-2002, 02:34 PM
...yeah, but we can get it together while we wait for him to create a new port for it, nee?

Psyker
03-24-2002, 02:36 PM
That's the easy part, dummy!

Echos
03-24-2002, 02:42 PM
Hey, I'd be willing to help in any way, that is, if you want me to.

Tyhm
03-24-2002, 02:46 PM
Small Checklist:
1) Start nagging Stefan for a port
2) Dig up the old levels pack
3) Assimilate it to pngs instead of gifs
4) Let the new team change all the say3s to say 3;, the say2s to say 2;, etc.
5) Let the new team remove all the copyrighted stuff...probably the whole Ninja Quest/Tyhm's Heart Quest if it's in there, since that's considered the beginning of the end to some.

Psyker
03-24-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Echos
Hey, I'd be willing to help in any way, that is, if you want me to.
I dunno. Who is going to be the project coordinator?

There are going to be a LOT of people begging for a spot on Old Classic, I'll bet...

Echos
03-24-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Psyker

I dunno. Who is going to be the project coordinator?

There are going to be a LOT of people begging for a spot on Old Classic, I'll bet...

Maybe there should be a test, or interviews, and then the Playerworld Administration decides on leader, and then maybe staff, based on their experience?

Tyhm
03-24-2002, 03:10 PM
Heh, I was hoping one of you PW Gods would do it.

Collect a few PW Teams that failed to make the cut, find the ones that are willing to use someone else's levels rather than do their own thing, let them duke it out among themselves who does what...

Psyker
03-24-2002, 03:12 PM
Okay. I'll have to push my TOTW (Take Over The World) project aside, and work on this instead.

Echos
03-24-2002, 03:16 PM
How do you apply to join the team? I was working for a pw, but it sounds like I might not be anymore, because of something going on with it, so I'm able to help.

Psyker
03-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Echos
How do you apply to join the team? I was working for a pw, but it sounds like I might not be anymore, because of something going on with it, so I'm able to help.
I don't know. I'm taking the spot as Project Coordinator for now, until I can trust someone to take over.

I'll have to plan everything tomorrow.

...or later today.

Echos
03-24-2002, 03:24 PM

I don't know. I'm taking the spot as Project Coordinator for now, until I can trust someone to take over.

I'll have to plan everything tomorrow.

Alright, please present it in a post tomorrow, the plans, or whenever you have them finished. Thanks.

Minoc
03-24-2002, 03:42 PM
Great idea, I always wanted the old levels back =P
If ya need any help in any part of making it just tell me =D

slick_soul
03-24-2002, 04:10 PM
I think the links on some of those levels needs to be fixed though. Whenever I played those elvels in offline mode it would give me problems when walking from one level to the next.
If Everworld gets rejected then I'll abandon it to GP or FAQ for Old Classic.

Tyhm
03-24-2002, 04:16 PM
Ironically enough, I predict that once everything on Old Classic is fixed, people will grow bored with it and complain it's no better than New Classic. What, do people like bugs or something?

Minoc
03-24-2002, 04:20 PM
Ironically enough, I predict that once everything on Old Classic is fixed, people will grow bored with it and complain it's no better than New Classic. What, do people like bugs or something?
People want the old levels that were removed, more hearts, some NPCs that were removed.

hottie404
03-24-2002, 08:39 PM
if u need any Level help ( u sux at scripting ) ask me, if Everworld gets rejected I will also take a GP spot

ApEhAx
03-24-2002, 08:51 PM
Sure, why not? All of those people who were always crying about missing old graal would stop, and that would rid us of a lot of people.

Which version would it be from, anyway...? ;)

the last level pack was 1.39 or 1.41 i can also help fix the tile errors becuase old graal was theo best now its so run down no one likes it the only peeps wo play are the newbie pkers

Lycia
03-24-2002, 09:36 PM
Contact me on AIM for information about the location of old level packs.

I am quite resourceful.

;)

Lycia
03-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Oh, yeah.

And for anyone else interested in the OLD Classic, AIM me also.

I have something for you. ;)

My AIM is in my signature.

AlexH
03-24-2002, 10:34 PM
I like the classic we have now. :(
I didnt play the older classic.
As long as we keep this classic I'll be happy

screen_name
03-24-2002, 10:50 PM
is it going to be nonP2P??

Psyker
03-24-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by screen_name
is it going to be nonP2P??
No. You're going to have to pay, and all profits will go towards Psyker.

:p

Androk2k1
03-24-2002, 11:14 PM
I have Classic Lvls zip for sure... so if you need em for this project just ask...

CyberX
03-24-2002, 11:24 PM
I guess you people won't believe but I play Graal since 1.28 or before maybe... And I liked the only one server that used to exist: Old Classic... It didn't have a name because it was the only one server of Graal Online... But I don't think it will be a good idea... Now that we have new things, people want the evolution on levels and NPCs not the regretion to the pass... If you understand me...
That's my opinion...
Anyway, I would like to see Old Classic again, but I really won't play there anymore...

Echos
03-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by CyberX
I guess you people won't believe but I play Graal since 1.28 or before maybe... And I liked the only one server that used to exist: Old Classic... It didn't have a name because it was the only one server of Graal Online... But I don't think it will be a good idea... Now that we have new things, people want the evolution on levels and NPCs not the regretion to the pass... If you understand me...
That's my opinion...
Anyway, I would like to see Old Classic again, but I really won't play there anymore...

I thought that it was just referred to as Main Server.

Lao_Su2
03-25-2002, 01:12 AM
If u need/want any help from little old me then just ask heh but i doubt u will lmao but good luck none the less :D

manton
03-25-2002, 01:58 AM
YES.
I will help with anything if it's needed.
I would love to see this happen.

Tyhm
03-25-2002, 03:21 AM
Just a quick reality check:
This is just going to be the old levels.
It'll still be the noncopyrighted graphics...
All the oldbies that left will still be gone...
It won't be The Only Server, though that should really go without saying...
Probably won't even be An Official Server...
Ghost Mode will still be there...
PK Tags will still be there...though I suppose they could be configured that under 30 AP you gain 1 AP per second, above 50 it takes forever to gain 1 AP point...^_~
It'll just be the old levels which everyone complains I destroyed.The fullhearts which can only exist in a world without change or expansion.
The blood axe, complete with whiners who want the Lizardon Sword (and goldsword).
The Boomerang, which is exactly the same as the Bruges Bird but with a copyright-flirting graphic.
Zol's Snow Town, complete with broken links and bad tiling....

Tyhm
03-25-2002, 03:29 AM
This is also going to be the most boring LAT position ever...no retiling of anything, no additional quests, no replacement especially...just the bare minimum of bugfixing and I suppose the occasional house addition, but only to an existing blank house. I guess there are plenty of those, what with CC, Big City, and Snow Town...the tricky part would be communicating to the players that they CANNOT send you their castle and expect the exterior part to go up as well.

Brad
03-25-2002, 03:57 AM
I can make levels....I dont ask for anything in return.

LittleBabyGirl_Bomy
03-25-2002, 04:19 AM
why do you want old classic back..?
its pretty plain..

Vincent_TK
03-25-2002, 05:27 AM
PK Tags will still be there...though I suppose they could be configured that under 30 AP you gain 1 AP per second, above 50 it takes forever to gain 1 AP point...^_~
It'll just be the old levels which everyone complains I destroyed.The fullhearts which can only exist in a world without change or expansion.
The blood axe, complete with whiners who want the Lizardon Sword (and goldsword).
The Boomerang, which is exactly the same as the Bruges Bird but with a copyright-flirting graphic.

I know, this is a bad idea. What made Graal so fun was its old community, which is gone now. When ever I said i missed the old Graal is because I missed everything that was there at the time(friends, enemies, guilds, etc) now....its gone :(

You cant bring back the old community, you cant bring back old Graal.

Tyhm
03-25-2002, 05:30 AM
MAKING levels isn't the point, FIXING levels is the job needed...if you MAKE levels, it wouldn't be Old Classic; it'd be a Parallel Classic.

screen_name
03-25-2002, 05:52 AM
i have a friend that has the very last level pack ever released if that will help any

ApEhAx
03-25-2002, 05:55 AM

will it have the magic boomerang to? it owned us all

DarkPyro_2001
03-25-2002, 05:58 AM
I think I have the last corepack, headpack, swordpack, shieldpack, mappack, and levelpack. I think they were all from January 15, 2001, except for the levelpack, which was from December 2000, I think.

DarkPyro_2001
03-25-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by ApEhAx

will it have the magic boomerang to? it owned us all
I miss my old Magic Boomerang, back when I was the only person with one (1.37 to 1.41, around that time). I wish I still had it, but thanks to LinkX, I don't.

cds96
03-25-2002, 08:19 AM
i was thinking of this today, seeing as ****i shut down his 1.39

royce
03-25-2002, 09:37 AM
Check this out guys, http://www.*******ers.org/

TrueHeaT
03-25-2002, 12:44 PM
sounds like a bad idea
make a whole new world from scratch

Tyhm
03-25-2002, 01:03 PM
Huh. I had you down as one of the people that wanted Old Classic back for some strange reason.

TrueHeaT
03-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Eh, no.. I've played on the 1.39 "old classic" server, and it's fun, but whenever i play my imagination starts up and all i can think about is ways to improve the levels or what to add. i don't think you can just have old classic.

AlkarenHyralt
03-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Nishoku
Hey look at me. Alkaren gets to ban me now. Fun.

royce
03-25-2002, 01:17 PM
Whats the point of cancelling out the link, you need a validation code in order for it to work.:(

Tyhm
03-25-2002, 01:25 PM
Yeah. That's my theory too - people miss Old Classic because it was new. If you bring it back it won't be any more New than it was when all these people started.

But if it really is the levels people want, I say let them have it. Gives me more latitude to destroy Classic. =_=

TrueHeaT
03-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Yeah. That's my theory too - people miss Old Classic because it was new. If you bring it back it won't be any more New than it was when all these people started.

But if it really is the levels people want, I say let them have it. Gives me more latitude to destroy Classic. =_=

hehe, i guess so
i just think it's a waste of time to do something like old classic
people should put their creative minds to work

Tyhm
03-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Yeah. Plus there's the risk that someone's going to complain taking the 128 levels pack, fixing the bugs, and removing the copyrighted graphics is STILL too invasive, and therefore not the same...necessitating an OLD Old Classic which still has the Zelda graphics, profanity, a full-time Pachuka impersonator and everything back in .gifs. Screw that....

TrueHeaT
03-25-2002, 01:49 PM
my ultimate graal world is a world where everything could be owned. every building could be bought and used for any purpose, decorated, furnished to the owners desire, land could be bought and of course fought over, everything can change within the game
my ideas are much too impossible.

royce
03-25-2002, 01:53 PM
Old Classic would never be the same without all of the Old Classic players.

Vincent_TK
03-25-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by royce

Yea, and most of them are long gone. :(

Tyhm
03-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Alright then, moral discussion time: What made the oldbies great?

My theory: evil.

I'm only even here because the LAT sucked. People would be turned away from the LAT unless they were friends with the admin, levels would be permanently lost, quests were left to rot forever...

Maybe all the oldbies became as great as they were because they had to deal with Pachuka, Azrael, Old Man, etc. themselves?

That means, of course, the best way to generate a new generation of legends is to insert a jerk and disband the GPs...ahhhh....maybe not. ^_^

royce
03-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Whatever became of Chris Kill'em and Fox?

royce
03-25-2002, 02:45 PM
I just thought about the whole thing. Converting Classic to Old Classic may be hard and tiring, but it's the fun of doing it is what really counts.

Minoc
03-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by royce
Many will be back, I'm sure.

shockedfrog
03-25-2002, 04:56 PM
im not the be all and end all of old classic stuff, but here's what i consider makes a world, such as Classic.

No GC (or ideally, a small presence of GC) but big events held occasionally. Remember the destruction of the NL? I'd like big events like that, except that the places destroyed should be destroyed for a purpose, not just to add a sparring arena to a world with many good ones already on it :) Also, events would need to be held fairly - the halloween events, for example, was held too late for people living in the UK/europe, and other countries too may have complaints. Ideally events would be held for 24 hours, starting for austrailia and ending for, erm, some place on the left side of the world :)

A small LAT presence - occasionally improving areas with minor additions, adding quests sometimes (contrary to popular belief, im not totally against additions :) but mostly additions of player houses (to finally fill up big city and the area to the left of nearorner/onett)

The amount of players - As several have said, the 300+ players at peak times without too much lag was the real charm of Classic. That's a dream world these days, that we coudl never accomplish, unless I were to spam like 500 ex-graalians on my ICQ list to come back :)

Freedom - We would need to lose spar ratings (thus giving the community the decision as to who is a good sparrer or not). Access needs to be allowed to most major areas without having to do quests first (the newbie house is an exception - a way to skip it would be ideal, but then real newbies would skip it...) although that said, some areas should be quest/item locked - such as areas requiring the hammer for entry.

Less ego inflation - Just a silly gripe, but when every quest level has at least 1 Tyhm, Zorbi, Zorba or Cid on it, we're kidna losing the fact that Graal is made by the general community, and not just the LAT. As I say, LAT = Level Admin Team, not Level Making Team.

The old levels - this is where it gets hard. Some people enjoy thm's levels, and they will play the 'new classic'. Hey, Tyhm surprises me sometimes, I must admit that I like his levels, I just don't like the reasoning behind some of them, and the drastic additions (ie heras - servers have used heart pieces before, and so has the lava cave, but making every heart out of heart pieces is a bit tiring, although the advantage is of course that we can have many more quests, the disadvantage then being that these quests tend to be mass-produced by the LAT. Sure, quests have always been made by the LAT, but that's because there were less of them, and therefore there had to be made to a LAT-standard. However, look now - classic areas have been changed, and although i started in 1.32, and therefore know very little about zol, sardon etc. im sure the people who know them would be pissed off to find them stepping into a weird paradox, and zol suddenly getting a randomly named father, Lozolin.

The main thing with levels though, is that i consider the 1.32 era the 'classic levels' because thats when i started. someone who started around 1.37 or so will remember slightly different levels. someone who started 1.28 or earlier will have another totally different view. Now, for a sort of self-advertisment - the reason i like the jedi knights games at http://graal.jediknights.co.uk so much is because they cater for all Graal-ages, simply because the people who make JK have come from different times. But they are seperate games, and attempting to mix one world with the next is impossible, at least without good planning. Chrono Trigger/Cross anyone? :) Now, there could be polls (ie. SN's arena or NL, Gold Sword or not, Number of hearts etc.) but after that, trying to sort it all out would be near impossible. Therefore, we would need to vote on a level pack to use.

Also, newer graal versions contain additions which go against the older spirit in some ways. tyhm has already explained this with AP, there's also spar ratings, amount of money dropped (which can be changed easily apparently, which is good) and of course, scripting changes. The toinventory command is gonna be removed soon according to tyhm, meaning we would either have to script a replacement with a system NPC, or just have items not appearing, except in the form of a sign saying 'you have picked up item -itemname- or whatever. Tyhm's solution was to place them as undeletable items in the NPC list, but this clogs up the list with unusable items, which really doesn't help. However, the thign thats missing form older Graal versions is some of the newer script stuff, such as new sign methods, that could be used to improve the old levels (to make things look correct, and perhaps better, although nothing too fancy - the life shrine looked nice, but it became a gateway for more and more similar things to come, and eventually they just got overused and annoying).

The thing is, I always wished for a classic that was updated often, but my choices are either tyhm's world which is updated often, but missing many elements of classic, or the old world, which can't really be updated because some people will get annoyed as much as I do sometimes :) because of this, I enjoy both worlds - the new world which has more players and better scripting and more quests, and the old world which has a better general feeling about it, a more relaxed style of play, more choices, no nations (the main thing that annoys me about the tyhm-world)
Because of that, if the old world goes up, then I would play both worlds, as long as the old world were to have at least 50 players at off peak times and over 125 at peak times. The problem with that would be getting enough newer players to play it, or managing to get older players back to graal.

And to royan - sremaglaer (read backwards) has been censored due to incidents with eikufam (read backwards, it might be censored) for ages now :) it's a pain, cause i means i have to use http://graalupdate.cjb.net to advertise my site instead of the usual URL, http://graalupdate.*******ers.net (damn censorship :)

slick_soul
03-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Sounds good to me.

Anybody got any walkthroughs for Old classic cause I forgot where to go lol.
You start off in a house and there's an old man that gives you some map and tells you to go west to some temple and that temple is like 5 levels long but hard as hell because something is sucking you towards the middle of the room and the room is shaking and something keeps hitting you.

This is the classic we're talking about right?
If so I think it is a lot better than the current classic. The level quality between old and new is about the same in my opinion. There's some good and some bad.

Anyone knows about when this thing could be out if it is brought back?

Lyndzey
03-25-2002, 11:50 PM
What will become of current Classic?

I don't think we should take some old PWs that failed and use staff from them, it should be done by the older player. There is still MadBrad, Clops, Hoss, me. I still keep in contact with older players and stuff. There should not be staff that have power. This is what ruined Graal, or what people say. There will be many newbies, because the quests are very simple so PKing will be high. Take Babylon. They have barely any quests (they are a great server though), and since they have no quests, not many people play.

I would type more, but this keyboard is messed up and keeps skipping letters, causing me having to use the backspace key every other word.

Psyker
03-26-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey
I don't think we should take some old PWs that failed and use staff from them, it should be done by the older player. There is still MadBrad, Clops, Hoss, me. I still keep in contact with older players and stuff. There should not be staff that have power. This is what ruined Graal, or what people say. There will be many newbies, because the quests are very simple so PKing will be high.
Yeah, I was going to find a bunch of old people and ask them if they wanted to help out. Minoc said he'd find a bunch of people, but I wasn't so sure if I wanted that just yet.

I was thinking of fixing all of the problems, then dismantling the LAT (not forgetting to put up a sign in level13.graal or something saying thanks to them) and hiring a GP force to monitor. It would take a while, but...

LittleBabyGirl_Bomy
03-26-2002, 01:08 AM
Iam a oldbie.. i guess, ive been playing since.. well 4.5 years
or something, iam not very sure about version though

Psyker
03-26-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by LittleBabyGirl_Bomy
Iam a oldbie.. i guess, ive been playing since.. well 4.5 years
or something, iam not very sure about version though
that's what they all say

LittleBabyGirl_Bomy
03-26-2002, 04:11 AM
Heres the story.. in fifth.. a few months in fifth grade
my friend was on a computer thingie place, he saw graal
and called me, i started playing.. 2 years later i took a break
for like.. 3-4 months and now iam in ninth grade.. :O

Tyhm
03-26-2002, 04:51 AM
Classic will continue to be (or Tyhm-Classic, I guess).

shockedfrog, you're blowing my mind again...frequent events, but no GCs? Make up your mind!
No new quests. At all. Absolutely out of the question. That would make it Parallel Classic at which point, to paraphrase TrueHeat, stop being such a slacker and just make your own playerworld from scratch.

Yes to Playerhouses.

No to Goldsword and more hearts - the point is for it to be Old Graal, not to start out as Old Graal and watch it mutate. If Old Graal ceases to be Old Graal, what would we name the next one? Real Old Graal?
Spar ratings cannot be disabled level-side - however, you can just make a world without sparringzones and everyone will have the same null rating.
Ego - I resent that. I overuse Zorbis because I like them and they're convenient for "Hm, I have to put someone here...." The Floating Tyhm's are just signposts stating that Tyhm messed up the order of things, and are only temporary.

The Old Levels - yes, definitely this should be a Pre-Tyhm world. I'll take my ninja quest out of it.

Money Dropping - that was the Classic system. If you really prefer dropping 1000 regardless of how hard up for cash you are, be my guest.

Now for the big question: LAT Chief for Old Classic, GP Chief for Old Classic, FAQ at all on Old Classic?

Make your nominations, then I guess we'll hold a vote here.

vovavziggy
03-26-2002, 06:18 AM
Now for the big question: LAT Chief for Old Classic, GP Chief for Old Classic, FAQ at all on Old Classic?

Make your nominations, then I guess we'll hold a vote here.
Ohh boy, I probably shouldn't be doing this, but I nominate myself..
I've had quite a lot of experience with GP work.
I've been GP Captain and GP Chief on Dino Valley and a GP on X. Although I'm currently trying out for a GP position on Classic...well, let's call it New Classic now, I have never gotten the chance to prove myself on a proffesional server. This probably looks like a desperate attempt, but hey, it's worth a shot.
Someone who's been playing Graal for ages, or someone who is popular in the Graal Community would probably be nominated and chosen without doubt, but someone like me would just write one of these pathetic...somethings.

Psyker
03-26-2002, 08:04 AM
Vote.

DarkPyro_2001
03-26-2002, 09:34 AM
Tyhm--

1) I think there's still a level with "mild" profanity in it, but I can't remember what the level is.
2) It's PACHUKA. ;)
3) Vote for me! I'm, liek, rael smurt!

shockedfrog--

1) Quit being mean to BANE - Bloody Annoying Newbie Energy, he's only been around since 1.36.

Tyhm
03-26-2002, 01:11 PM
Probably more than one. But that'd be for the LAT to repair.

Speaking of which, we got Vovaziggy for GP Admin, any seconds, challengers, or nominees for LAT Admin?

DeathChill
03-26-2002, 01:22 PM

Speaking of which, we got Vovaziggy for GP Admin, any seconds, challengers, or nominees for LAT Admin? My cat

Minoc
03-26-2002, 04:16 PM

Speaking of which, we got Vovaziggy for GP Admin, any seconds, challengers, or nominees for LAT Admin?
I'm running for LAT admin!

Darkman2001
03-26-2002, 04:43 PM
Minoc should be LAT admin!

shockedfrog
03-26-2002, 05:38 PM
tyhm, all very well for us newbies, but the reason I mentioned the gold sword is simply because as far as i know, a long time ago, it was in. Remember the old forum debates where owl shimy would start going on about he was 'first to get the gold sword' etc? (and I used to boast about how I was first to kill Antago with the trident, hehe)

also, by 'new quests' im referring to the LAT perhaps re-adding classic quests. Problem is, someone would then start adding stuff like pachuka's old NPCs that had a tendency to, well, kill everyone :)

As for the events, i dont mean every day events like the GC, I mean for special events such as halloween (as long as we get someone else - i wasnt there due to time zones, but antago's halloween party was, apparently, crap. But there could be events sometimes, hopefully better ones :). However, there WOULD be every day events - but the players would hold them, like they used to before GC came. Usually spar tournaments or bush racing (i love bush races :) Prizes would range from just the pride of winning to some gelat donated by the organiser/other players. No silly prizes - as fun as they are, we all know that jellybeans and carry selves books dont really belong on old classic, considering that on old classic, ganis didnt exist yet :)

also, ken - who's bane?

cds96
03-27-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by manton
YES.
I will help with anything if it's needed.
I would love to see this happen. me to

cds96
03-27-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Darkman2001
Minoc should be LAT admin! yesums

cross_hair
03-27-2002, 02:51 AM
Minoc 4 LAT admin.

Lyndzey
03-27-2002, 03:06 AM
Since I might be quitting my Classic job soon, I might as well run for something.

What would I run for? I don't know. I'm a good LAT, not as good as NW people, but pretty good. I can make semi good graphics, and I can do some scripting. I also run a GP force under Juno, and I am experienced in the GP hiring. I have been ET Admin, Police Chief, and FAQ Chief on 2001. I also have been playing Graal for over 3 years (Graal has only been out for about 3 years and 9 months, and that includes when ZO was out). I know a lot of history and can really spice up Old Graal...

How about making me an admin? ;]

slick_soul
03-27-2002, 04:09 AM
Ah well. hmm. It's hard to say. These are just a few people I know that are pretty dedicated staff members and I would like to nominate them. I also think that getting a NAT Chief would be nice so that they can be able to understand whatever scripts is in there although most of them are pretty basic an old scripts for Old Classic.

LAT Chief
Archaon (Did an awesome job saving N-Pulse from doom!)
Zerxus (helped Archaon save N-Pulse)
Minus (done a pretty good job on Unholy Nation)

GP Chief
ZeldaPlayer (GP on many servers)
KingZ (Atlantis)
Smokey (Atlantis)
Aqual (very dedicated GP on N-Pulse, also worked on Doomsday)
ETD (Used to be GP on N-Pulse. Very respectable)
Pale Eyes (The only GP that actually responds on UN)
ChrisIsCool (Another very good GP that I knew from UN and N-Pulse)

Those are the only ones I know that feel would do a good job.

vovavziggy
03-27-2002, 04:18 AM
Since I might be quitting my Classic job soon, I might as well run for something.

What would I run for? I don't know. I'm a good LAT, not as good as NW people, but pretty good. I can make semi good graphics, and I can do some scripting. I also run a GP force under Juno, and I am experienced in the GP hiring. I have been ET Admin, Police Chief, and FAQ Chief on 2001. I also have been playing Graal for over 3 years (Graal has only been out for about 3 years and 9 months, and that includes when ZO was out). I know a lot of history and can really spice up Old Graal...

How about making me an admin? ;]
I second that =P

Minoc
03-27-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by slick_soul
Ah well. hmm. It's hard to say. These are just a few people I know that are pretty dedicated staff members and I would like to nominate them. I also think that getting a NAT Chief would be nice so that they can be able to understand whatever scripts is in there although most of them are pretty basic an old scripts for Old Classic.

LAT Chief
Archaon (Did an awesome job saving N-Pulse from doom!)
Zerxus (helped Archaon save N-Pulse)
Minus (done a pretty good job on Unholy Nation)

GP Chief
ZeldaPlayer (GP on many servers)
KingZ (Atlantis)
Smokey (Atlantis)
Aqual (very dedicated GP on N-Pulse, also worked on Doomsday)
ETD (Used to be GP on N-Pulse. Very respectable)
Pale Eyes (The only GP that actually responds on UN)
ChrisIsCool (Another very good GP that I knew from UN and N-Pulse)

Those are the only ones I know that feel would do a good job.
LAT is combined with NAT
And no I don't think ANY of those people should get a job.
70% of them don't even know old classic =\
New people should get a chance as well
I'm running for LAT admin, I can make good levels and I'm OK with NPCs, I've improved since last year :).
I think Lyndzey should be GP Chief if she would like to.

Saga2001
03-27-2002, 05:35 AM
Hey!
I have those levels, from 1.28, I downloaded them off the site, want em? I will e-mail or forum pm them if ya do?

Saga2001
03-27-2002, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Minoc

LAT is combined with NAT
I'm running for LAT admin, I can make good levels and I'm OK with NPCs, I've improved since last year :).

I hate the fact that NAT is combined into LAT thats SOOOOO retarded!
I mean I am an awesome scripter, but I SUCK at levels...so I can't really NAT anywhere because they make me LAT but I can't create the levels woth the NPCs..

Tyhm
03-27-2002, 05:38 AM
All valid nominations...I guess I'll put up a poll in a little bit.

shockedfrog - the gold sword did more damage to Classic than even I did, and so should not be returned. Adding quests - maybe like the sword master quest, and the goldsword quest for something else (like a goldgelat? I dunno), but no original quests or it'll turn into Parallel Classic, which would be bad.

Also worth noting, for legal reasons nothing that Pachuka created is to be uploaded onto any Graal server, all such files have been deleted (repeatedly). He threatened to sue because he uploaded them before the disclaimer came out, therefore it's still his work and how dare we take it from him and make a profit - sound familiar?

DarkPyro_2001
03-27-2002, 07:24 AM
BANE - Bloody Annoying Newbie Energy is my alter ego for Graal2001.

Actually, BANE has only been around since 2.1.3.3, but Ken Takino has been around since 1.36.

Dayson2001
03-27-2002, 01:50 PM
I would like to run for GFX Admin for the Playerworld, if possible

Tyhm
03-27-2002, 02:04 PM
No. Given that there will be no new levels thus no new graphics, there will be no need for a graphics admin.

Dayson2001
03-27-2002, 02:27 PM
No. Given that there will be no new levels thus no new graphics, there will be no need for a graphics admin.
i mean for uploading heads, making heads, making shields, etc etc...?

Lyndzey
03-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Would it be possible that I run for Admin? I want vovaziggy to have GP chief, and I explained in my last post on why I should get Admin.

cross_hair
03-27-2002, 10:22 PM
I think you only need to place a few gp's no LAT or FAQ chief
on old classic there werent any faq's

and no lat you can make the levels before already

Tyhm
03-28-2002, 05:15 AM
No, heads/sword/shields are global, not local. Besides which, if you're intentionally creating new heads, it ceases to be old Classic, and if you're just restoring old heads you don't need a whole admin for it and you shouldn't in the first place, since they were removed for a reason.

Slaktmaster
03-28-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Minoc

LAT is combined with NAT
I'm no good for LAT admin there, I'm more into modern Graal tiling. There would be no point for me to be there except for my managing "skillz". Wich are not that good.

Psyker
03-28-2002, 05:59 AM
Would it be possible that I run for Admin? I want vovaziggy to have GP chief, and I explained in my last post on why I should get Admin.
I asked the 8 Ball.

It said that you had a pretty darned good chance.

Tyhm
03-28-2002, 09:06 AM
I'm fine with putting Lyndzey as Owner.

Psyker
03-28-2002, 09:37 AM
I'm fine with putting Lyndzey as Owner.
Let's go for it.

TrueHeaT
03-28-2002, 10:11 AM
STUPID

konidias
03-28-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT
STUPID

it's like first come first serve.. "who wants to be owner?" guy: "I R WOOD LIEK 2 B OWNUR!#" "alright you're owner!" :p

Tyhm
03-28-2002, 10:50 AM
that's how volunteer staff recruitment works.

Slaktmaster
03-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Lyndsey! <3!!!
I hope this will turn out good!

Psyker
03-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Slaktmaster
Lyndsey! <3!!!
I hope this will turn out good!
Yeah. I trust Lyndzey.

Glory
03-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Um...is there going to be a FAQ team or no? If so who will be nominated etc and how will it work... =/

LittleBabyGirl_Bomy
03-28-2002, 07:45 PM
FAQ.. umm, iam guessing you have to know all quests
good.. and help whit other basic stuff

Glory
03-28-2002, 07:57 PM
Well I am fairly good at that but, there is so many well known old people that will get it...

royce
03-29-2002, 12:02 AM
I have nothing to do these days besides follow up on graal using the forums so i'll take a Lat job or Gp job. It's just been so boring lately.

Vincent_TK
03-29-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Glory
Um...is there going to be a FAQ team or no? If so who will be nominated etc and how will it work... =/

Please, NO FAQ!

Vincent_TK
03-29-2002, 12:58 AM
This project pretty much sucks, why not just have it as a history lesson on Classic ? :p I dont think it should be a whole new player world by itself if you cant add anything to it or change anything on it.

Dayson2001
03-29-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Vincent_TK
This project pretty much sucks, why not just have it as a history lesson on Classic ? :p I dont think it should be a whole new player world by itself if you cant add anything to it or change anything on it.
sahuttup vinny! if they made this server it would be so much better than classic, dont ruin it for us!:mad:

Glory
03-29-2002, 07:03 AM
Why no FAQ, Ohhhh I know why, you want all the people who are new to Graal to bug you about quests, Oh yea sure we can tell them to bug you when we have no FAQ ;)

Tyhm
03-29-2002, 07:44 AM
No FAQ, Old Classic had no FAQ.

Glory
03-29-2002, 07:46 AM
Oh ok

royce
03-29-2002, 09:31 AM
No Faq. Reason: Now players can rely on those walkthrough sites that have never been updated!:D

Glory
03-29-2002, 12:14 PM
hahahahahaha. Yes.

van_01
03-29-2002, 12:23 PM
I would like to apply for a gp job.
I have experience if thats a problem.

DarkPyro_2001
03-30-2002, 12:36 AM
FAQ didn't come around until somewhere around the beginning of G2k1. (I forgot when exactly...)

DarkPyro_2001
03-30-2002, 12:38 AM
*smacks himself for double-posting*

How'd I do that? Maybe it was the iMac... :rolleyes:

Psyker
03-30-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by DarkPyro_2001
FAQ didn't come around until somewhere around the beginning of G2k1 (I forgot when exactly.
Which is nowhere near v1.0.

Vincent_TK
03-30-2002, 06:01 AM
No FAQ because than people wont explore and find the damn quest, they would just PM a current FAQ staff member thats online and ask...get the answer and go directly to the quest. No fun in that.

jeff335
03-30-2002, 06:08 AM
*blows off cobwebs*

*slowly raises hand*

I am wanting to revive this puppy :)

j/k lol, but I could do something for this...maybe GP Chief?

Lyndzey
03-30-2002, 11:53 AM
FAQ is a cool idea and all, but it is not needed if we use old Graal levels. The quests are very simple and there aren't a lot of bugs.

Me as owner? I don't have much time, but I will help get it up and running.

Glory
03-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Heh, I give up on all staff positions, I seem to get one and seem to get fired without a reason *cough* Andor *cough*

royce
03-30-2002, 12:08 PM
Heh, I give up on all staff positions, I seem to get one and seem to get fired without a reason *cough* Andor *cough*

Ditto here.

Glory
03-30-2002, 12:15 PM
Well it sucks, the Asst. GM hired me and now I am fired by someone else...it truely sucks...

DarkPyro_2001
04-01-2002, 12:02 PM
Hey, at least you can get hired.