PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that misses old graal?

Correction
03-20-2002, 04:52 AM
browsing around my old graal folder and listening to alot of the old musics, I find myself longing for the old days again :(

funnylinkwantsbomys
03-20-2002, 05:00 AM
well anyways things have become too cluttered on 2001....there is all these little detail tiles added but i think plain grass is better like it used to be...they keep on changing and changing 2001 and the levels will not be like the old days on 2001 ...and 2001 has been ruined because of all this (o newd better levelz mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn)

SSJVegeta1
03-20-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Correction
browsing around my old graal folder and listening to alot of the old musics, I find myself longing for the old days again :(

Oh yeah, all the old graal memories...those were the days! :)

manton
03-20-2002, 05:13 AM
I miss the old days too. =(
But I don't really think graal has gotten worse.
I think I'm just bored of playing the almost the same thing for 3 years.
Which is why I look forward to 2002 so much.

Kadar
03-20-2002, 05:16 AM
2001 got boring when stefan started up on 2002.

acidfear
03-20-2002, 06:00 AM
I miss the old das as well. But tiles for me arent a big deal. I just miss all my friends from the younger days. :(

Vincent_TK
03-20-2002, 07:05 AM
Yea, I miss the old days but now since Graal went pay to play I dont think it can ever be as good. Most of the cool people quit just at the thought and rumors of it going P2P...now theres just a bunch of people who think the non pay people are freeloaders and are lower then they are...idiots.

Brad
03-20-2002, 07:46 AM
Elven Lands . . . :(

Penchoo, Spi, Torankusu, me, Merlin, Lyndzey = so much fun on El :[

Nastazio
03-20-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Brad

why must everyone forget me :-(

Brad
03-20-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Nastazio

why must everyone forget me :-(

You dont like people knowing your old identity :/

Torankusu
03-20-2002, 08:28 AM
Because "Blade" left.

Psyker
03-20-2002, 08:56 AM

Psyker, Marle, Crono, Wing, Sigla, Otaku, Kerin, Silver = so much fun that it makes normal fun look pathetic (back at Mithica)

Wing
03-20-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Psyker

Psyker, Marle, Crono, Wing, Sigla, Otaku, Kerin, Silver = so much fun that it makes normal fun look pathetic (back at Mithica)

YES :(

funnylinkwantsbomys
03-20-2002, 10:29 AM

Penchoo, Spi, Torankusu, me, Merlin, Lyndzey = so much fun on El :[ i used ot have 13 hearts on el and every item :*(

Lionel-Jonson
03-20-2002, 10:40 AM
When "stef14" was a sped up version of FF7's crystal theme.

RamiAharonov
03-20-2002, 10:45 AM
classic: darkman, ange, draxi, kamakazi cow, jessica, stryker starbreeze (aka brian starbreeze), xaviar, nightmare, kijin, deaco, everyone i missed in nbk, angel knight, cant think of everyone off the top of my head before playerworlds were made

Googi
03-20-2002, 10:47 AM
Me and Anna on N-Pulse roxing people = Lots of funs.

Mman
03-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Vincent_TK
Yea, I miss the old days but now since Graal went pay to play I dont think it can ever be as good. Most of the cool people quit just at the thought and rumors of it going P2P...now theres just a bunch of people who think the non pay people are freeloaders and are lower then they are...idiots.

One problem, some non p2p ARE freeloaders. I'm not saying they are lower, but if you go on a non-p2p and say you got p2p, at least one person will want you to share your account w/ them.

spi
03-20-2002, 10:59 AM
um what was Nastazio's old name?

Vincent_TK
03-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by RamiAharonov
classic: darkman, ange, draxi, kamakazi cow, jessica, stryker starbreeze (aka brian starbreeze), xaviar, nightmare, kijin, deaco, everyone i missed in nbk, angel knight, cant think of everyone off the top of my head before playerworlds were made

Dark Man, Draxi and the rest of NBK...sigh the good days. Most of the people here didnt play back then and consider the good days when Graal 2001 first came out, lol. Well to them it might be, they might just not know how fun Graal used to be compared to now :(

PlazmaX
03-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Elven lands was the best, not only the best people. But all the problems and fighting between staff and guilds and conspiracy getting people fired setting people up was all in fun. Brad you were kinda queer in the day I remeber making a level having like bunch of staff playing in it just chilling everyone loved it and you come in like its to plain i could make a better level.

Nastazio
03-20-2002, 12:28 PM
anyone remember the battle between the EoG and those Eyes? ahahahaha Spider is fun, so is Kamikaze. Ganmo is ok. HEYhost just sucks. BLADE

Minoc
03-20-2002, 08:06 PM
Graal was good before it became P2P, classic became laggier, and after that came all those classic changes that totally ruined it.

Dlaiyre
03-20-2002, 08:32 PM
lol hellraven had a classic classic server on 1.4 ;)
i ... didn't... play... there... *cough*

Anyway, all i remember of EL was stepping out of the newbie house to be raped by Genmo, with his tough guy boots, then i told him to @#%& off and he jailed me so i didn't like the server (hardly the point that i played it on another account...)

Oh and the comment on the New tiles, they are sooo much better than plain grass when done "tastefully."

cds96
03-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Server wars between Npulse and EL

And being new fas fun, oh so much fun

Dlaiyre
03-20-2002, 08:43 PM
lol, i remember shortly before the population boom (probably the 2nd, around v1.41rev2) There was an atlantis npulse war, it was nuts, we couldn't understand the dutch ppl and such so we didn't know why we were fighting ^-^ oh the memory's!

*and dont start your omg you not olbie me be leet oldha0xror school from v0000000.1000000001 you newb, i dont care i started 1.39 and i don't care what you think if its something stupid.

Lyndzey
03-20-2002, 08:45 PM
I never actually played EL, HEYhost just gave me a job when I had 10 minutes (yes, I know. unfair). You guys don't know of the real old days...

Where GPIN would threaten to review you if you made a harsh comment toward you.

When 1.2 came out and Sardon created the first NPC weapon.

When all those new, exciting heads came out in 1.2 (20-26)

When SPIDER became a hacker and hacked the (Police) guild code and leaked all these guild codes.

When DMX created Ruff Ryders, the most hated guild in Graal, where players like DMX, X-mann, Viper, and Lord Rooks were in it.

When the only place you could go into was RW, then the onlinestart (like 15 people in onlinestart, fun times), and finally when the server shut down for a month.

When there was nothing to do on Graal except ride around and spar, and Zol's Pub was always deserted.

When GPs came out and everyone begged to be one, but only a few people got in.

When PACHUKA always trapped people into his pool with his rock that made you a naked girl. I always saw Hoss in there, along with U-turne (Dark Troopers), and J (U-turne's girlfriend)

When I could have all those saves which had 20 hearts and all the items because we could drop items then use the 20 heart glitch.

Good times, eh? Doubt any of you are from them.

cds96
03-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Dlaiyre
lol, i remember shortly before the population boom (probably the 2nd, around v1.41rev2) There was an atlantis npulse war, it was nuts, we couldn't understand the dutch ppl and such so we didn't know why we were fighting ^-^ oh the memory's!

*and dont start your omg you not olbie me be leet oldha0xror school from v0000000.1000000001 you newb, i dont care i started 1.39 and i don't care what you think if its something stupid. i remember that

Lyndzey
03-20-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Dlaiyre

*and dont start your omg you not olbie me be leet oldha0xror school from v0000000.1000000001 you newb, i dont care i started 1.39 and i don't care what you think if its something stupid.

The population boom was not in 1.41, it was when 1.3 came out, maybe in the end of 1.2 when unixmad opened up beta.graalonline.com, a server with no lag. All I remember is it going from 15 players, to 50 players very fast. I remember talking to Kull (maker of Kull's Castle) about how he would always be the only one on.

craig_bomy
03-20-2002, 08:51 PM
Jack:
miss old graal?
yeah like that would happen, Graal isnt good enough to be missed in the first place.
Nothing has even changed in graal apart from a few new NPC's and servers so I dont know what you mean by old graal cause all the GFX's are the same and the staff are as corrupted as always!

Mman
03-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Minoc
Graal was good before it became P2P, classic became laggier, and after that came all those classic changes that totally ruined it.

I think as soon as they released p2p they should have deleted classic, classic sucks. Between now and the time you could choose playerworlds I went to classic about 5 times and stayed there no longer than 10 minutes.

Minoc
03-20-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Mman

I think as soon as they released p2p they should have deleted classic, classic sucks. Between now and the time you could choose playerworlds I went to classic about 5 times and stayed there no longer than 10 minutes.
SURE, thats why so many people prefer classic on Graal2001, and thats why classic has the most players from all the servers. classic is the best server, no other server could replace it, but classic could be better if it had the old levels.

Boozy_Bravo
03-20-2002, 11:18 PM
I miss the old graal but mainly because of the people I met. I played on old bravo and that was the best server. I remember when El first came out and I went there quite a bit. It was a pretty decent server but there is nothing to compare like old bravo. It was the best. The levels werent that great. But the people that played it were what made it so fun.

I miss old bravo.

bgraven *using Boozy's account to post instead of my own. This way he gets the post*

Echos
03-21-2002, 12:09 AM
So many memories...

I remember when there always tons of people on the cyberjoueur.com version... That rocked.

Tyhm
03-21-2002, 05:23 AM
Deutch is German for "German"
Just like Franšais is French for "French"
I think a lot of people just want Classic taken down because they think they can go dumpster-diving afterwords. Open up their own PW with the Classic levels.

Googi
03-21-2002, 05:26 AM
Sorry, no. Now we have anti-scamming, Endless mines of doom coming out soon (I hope), and the worst of the trainers have been eliminated.

RamiAharonov
03-21-2002, 05:27 AM
real graal memories were when you had to manually connect to graal, no serverlist or anything

PlazmaX
03-21-2002, 05:35 AM
EoG owned I remeber the Tantalus guild I was in getting King Arthur Fired. We all were like just on the rode under bushes in random spots and one of us acted like we needed help and got KA to come there we all came out from under bushes and ambushed him and he finally started fighting back and hitting us and jailing us etc... Then he got fired i guess for not holding his temper and just ignoring us and telling the chief or captain...But KA is cool now so oh well it was just fun....

Vincent_TK
03-21-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey

When DMX created Ruff Ryders, the most hated guild in Graal, where players like DMX, X-mann, Viper, and Lord Rooks were in it.

X-Mann used to be slow as hell back then. :D

Vincent_TK
03-21-2002, 06:54 AM

They shouldve never released Graal 2001, it sucks. Classic is the best. :)

Faheria_GP2
03-21-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Sorry, no. Now we have anti-scamming, Endless mines of doom coming out soon (I hope), and the worst of the trainers have been eliminated.

pie's trainer is pretty "bad" :cool:

funnylinkwantsbomys
03-21-2002, 06:56 AM
lookie

funnylinkwantsbomys
03-21-2002, 06:58 AM
another when i was a npulse freak

Mman
03-21-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Minoc

SURE, thats why so many people prefer classic on Graal2001, and thats why classic has the most players from all the servers. classic is the best server, no other server could replace it, but classic could be better if it had the old levels.

As much as I hate to admit it, classic WAS good when it had the old levels. I belive the reason Npulse and UN don't have higher ratings is because nearly everyone who is new to graal goes to Classic. (UN and Npulse certainly have better content tho). I started at 1.3(close, maybe not exactly). When Classic was the only server, It was good back then. After a long time of playing Npulse and UN I went to classic to see if it changed much and when I went around the server I was thinking "Holy crap!! This place sucks now". Most people on Classic have been there for a while and are well known there. Most newbies will end up going there, realising how much it sucks, and going to a PW. Those who are stupid will stay on Classic and delude themselves into thinking it's a good server.

Mman
03-21-2002, 08:48 AM

They shouldve never released Graal 2001, it sucks. Classic is the best. :)

Did you play when it had the old levels? When the version came out that gave you the chance to choose PWs I left classic. Rarely was I spotted in Classic after that, which is why I never saw it deteriorate into the pile of crap it is now.

Vincent_TK
03-21-2002, 09:53 AM

Did you play when it had the old levels? When the version came out that gave you the chance to choose PWs I left classic. Rarely was I spotted in Classic after that, which is why I never saw it deteriorate into the pile of crap it is now.

I started around 1.20(I think it was exactly 1.20 though)

James
03-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Yeah EL was fun, a lot of the people Brad mentioned weren't there as long as I was. :-)

Sp1
03-21-2002, 10:25 AM
el roxed

PIRAT
03-21-2002, 10:51 AM
i like the times back in 1999 and early 2000 when there were only classic and almost no lag. admins did hide&seek games with admin messages all the time.

DarkPyro_2001
03-21-2002, 11:02 AM
I started in 1.36.

Here's one of my "really old" screenshots from when I was a n00b.

Mman
03-22-2002, 08:27 AM

I started around 1.20(I think it was exactly 1.20 though)
:megaeek: How the hell can anyone see the good server classic was around 1.3 when I started turn into the piece of crap it is now and still play it?

Psyker
03-22-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by DarkPyro_2001
I started in 1.36.
Hah, so did I.

DarkPyro_2001
03-22-2002, 08:38 AM
Nice pink bunny.

Vincent_TK
03-22-2002, 09:04 AM

:megaeek: How the hell can anyone see the good server classic was around 1.3 when I started turn into the piece of crap it is now and still play it?

How can you even say Graal 2001 is a good server? Its a complete shitty server. Classic used to be better, yes, but it still is the best server out.

DarkPyro_2001
03-22-2002, 09:29 AM
I bet Tyhm misses old Graal. :rolleyes:

Jin2
03-22-2002, 09:38 AM
CDA, the levels sucked, the people roxed.

Tyhm
03-22-2002, 09:39 AM
*shrugs* There are some aspects I miss. There was a lot more innocence when I started, or maybe it was just my own na´vety...but those days are gone now. We can't bring back the copyrighted graphics and names...and as one would expect, I do not miss the old incomplete quests. Gerudo in particular, I do all that for what? Fight the Kageryu, but they were never finished? Fight Kefka, also never finished? Do it all and get to a "Insert boss here" sign?

There was a lot more talent devoted to Classic in those days too...not that Nightlord let any of it in though. He just patently refused to review...he'd delete everything from people whose name he didn't recognize, then post to the news saying the rest were too lame to even reply to. Horrible. Not that I'm any better of course, no submitter working at the moment, only 2 LATs who could man it anyway, but still.

milotheman
03-22-2002, 09:41 AM
I started in 1.28

DarkPyro_2001
03-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Hm, I miss Olorin's grand master plan thingy.

Mman
03-22-2002, 08:49 PM

How can you even say Graal 2001 is a good server? Its a complete shitty server. Classic used to be better, yes, but it still is the best server out.

It is good, Classic is not, Classic is such **** that even Rudora is better.

Hyped
03-23-2002, 12:58 AM
I miss old graal. I miss old N Pulse right after it first came out...but yeah.

Minoc
03-23-2002, 01:33 AM

just shut up

DeathChill
03-23-2002, 01:54 AM

Are you sad because the mean Pkers on Classic hurt your feelings :'(

P-a-W-n
03-23-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Correction

posting for george,
We didnt have music in the old days we had mr hacks graal mp3 player at best.

Vincent_TK
03-23-2002, 04:21 AM

Im guessing you got owned over and over on Classic because you had no fighting skills. Classic is the best server out currently, it was the best server out so far. Im not sure why you think its **** but your opinion sucks ;)