PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Graal

Androk2k1
03-03-2002, 09:38 AM
I know how you all are already tired of all this threads, but for those that actually care...

This Wednesday I went to a doctor for a check up and apparently I busted my eyes on computer. So now I might have to wear glasses. So from now on I descided to give up playing computer at all and notuse it for games, just for school. Heh, basically this means that I won't be playing for quit a while. However I am pretty sure I'll be back. So you WILL see me.

So don't forget me. And I probably won't be checking this thread today, I will appear ommorow for last check up and then you will only b able to reach me through my E-Mail.

P.S.: Yur NOT getting any of my stuff =P, I'll need it for when I will come back!

Slaktmaster
03-03-2002, 09:43 AM
Okay. Good luck until you return then.

ZanderX
03-03-2002, 09:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your eyes. :(

03-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Why don't you take the Brig Pilgrim to California, then return on the Alert, and write an extremely boring book called 'Two Years Before the Mast', which I am being forced to read.

Anywho, see ya later.

__XxRazorxX__
03-03-2002, 11:33 AM
bye:(

SabLee
03-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Same thing happened with me my doctor said to turn down the brightness on it and the contrast a lil and that will help and degauss it every 30 min.

CrispinX
03-03-2002, 12:41 PM
My eyes can withstand days of staring at a screen, but once I stop doing it, IMMENSE PAIN.

SabLee
03-03-2002, 12:47 PM
LOL i know the feeling.

03-03-2002, 01:22 PM
I have never had eye irritation caused by the computer. Lucky me

stomper_TK
03-03-2002, 01:31 PM
heh I think I might get an eye (SP?)deises.

I stay up tell about 4AM on the comp and when I go to brush my teeth I look in the mirror and I see my eye's have red vains in them!

And this happens like every night. Also when I blink my eye's feel southend..:(

Faheria_GP2
03-03-2002, 01:35 PM
get a flatscreen LCD monitor

easy on the eyes man :)

Androk2k1
03-03-2002, 09:09 PM
Got Flat Screen, and all that stuff... what I really need is Crystal Screen. I busted my eyes after playing for 7 hourse each day for the last year.

Anyhow, thanks t all the people that care, I'll miss ya, and I'll be back in either 1 month if I can't stand from computer for long or in 4 month, when SUMMER begins!

P.S.: In 2001 Overworld you can now find 10 treasures hidden arround... (I am getting online for 1 houre, so I can put em and stuff).

Neonight
03-03-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SabLee
Same thing happened with me my doctor said to turn down the brightness on it and the contrast a lil and that will help and degauss it every 30 min.

Or if you just sit with your eyes closed for about a minute, it should degauss them anyway.

Androk, it looks like the cones and rods in your eyes need rest. I'd say you just need about a 15 minute break in every hour or hour and a half. It says to do that in video game manuals, and it really does help. I almost had to get glasses.

Technicallities (is that a word?):

If you look at something too long, the rods and cones in your eyes start to get tired. When you blink, it degausses them for a short period of time. When you blink, it also moistens the retina, which in turn also helps the cones/rods.

;) That's all for today for Dr. Neonight.

Yushiwa
03-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Sorry about your eye :(