PDA

View Full Version : This is puzzling me

Lomgren
03-16-2001, 06:48 AM
A while ago I created an NPC that I called a Dragon Form. It allowed you to shoot fireblasts if you said "fireball" (as long as you were currently a dragon), transform into a dragon and back again, and also act like a warp ring, except MUCH better. I have been trying to change the script so that it works only as a warp ring, so that I can give it to the CGM LAT team to use, but it isn't working. I can't figure out why, either. Could someone please take a look at my scripts and explain why one works and the other doesn't?

Lomgren
03-16-2001, 06:50 AM
Hmm....apparantly I can't attach 2 files in one post, so here is the other script.

Falcor
03-16-2001, 08:22 AM
Id help you out but ummm few things...
1) NO GIFS!
2) NO LEVELS!
3) Script is REALLY out of an understanable format...

I suggest you get all the levels / gifs and anything else that its accociated with and zip it up and attach it.

(If you dont have a zip program, try FreeZip, search for it at www.download.com or something.)

Lomgren
03-16-2001, 08:35 AM
hmm...since the 2 npcs are supposed to be able to warp to almost all of the overland levels, that would be quite a big attachment, if it even accepted it. :D
Anyway, I thought the script was easy to understand, maybe I am wrong in that. The gifs are nothing special, there are just 4 gifs that make you look like a dragon heading in the 4 cardinal directions. But I guess I could zip up a couple levels and attach them, you would just have to have one of the level packs so that the NPCs would work correctly (or in the case of the LAT warp, not work)

Tyhm
03-16-2001, 08:49 AM
We can already warp anywhere we please, just like GPs. Thanks anyway, though.

Lomgren
03-16-2001, 08:54 AM
I had thought I heard that LATs were using normal accounts now, guess I heard wrong. Oh well.

03-16-2001, 09:09 AM
wanna see a much smaller and better warping script?

if (playertouchsme) {toweapons Warper;}
if (weaponfired) {setlevel #c;}

I told you it was smaller.

Lomgren
03-16-2001, 10:12 AM
heh. Oh well, the script I had made was for people who didn't know any of the level names, and it wasn't originally going to be for the LAT, I just made it offline for me to use, and I know that it most likely wouldn't have been accepted if I had submitted it, the no warpring policy.

Mustang1988
03-16-2001, 12:29 PM
Was this npc going to be for your server or a server you work for? lol... or just for playing around offline? if it's your server i don't see whats wrong with it...

grim_squeaker_x
03-16-2001, 07:42 PM
Infamous freaks script is like perfect for it.

Lomgren
03-16-2001, 11:32 PM
Originally I was thinking of trying to submit it for the main server, that was why I designed it like I did. I didn't expect everyone to know the overland levels, and that was all that I wanted them to be able to get to. I hadn't read about the no warpring policy at the time that I created the NPC. I was also wanting to give the user the feeling of flying high above graal, similar to the airship, now spaceship.