PDA

View Full Version : My Barbarian Kingdom...

Scorpz
03-01-2002, 02:46 AM
I know I will end up getting this post spammed or laughted at..But I dont really care what you think but I would like to know in case it can help me in any way.
I am thinking about starting a kingdom I have onyl massed about it and posted a small bit on the forums before so you may not knwo what I am trying to do. I am like the one of many people trying to start a kingdom but I dont want to rush it and have sloppy work, I have taken time to make the thing I have made for my kingdom, I have looked at every tile on every level to make sure non is out of place, I have made sure all the images I have made look like the thing I was making, So I would like to share with you all about why I would like my kingdom to go up on graal, I really love to roleplay, I dont do it alot on graal but I am hopeing that will all change, I have roleplayed alot before like when I was ezboard I started e-feds and ended up getting over 1000 members that loved to roleplay there, I roleplayed on about 7 message boards to win heavy weight and hard-core championship belts, I did this for about 1 and half years till I started to play graal and it made me roleplay less and less, I miss roleplaying and I would like to start to roleplay again, My kingdom has had hats made by me, Not just any hats but hats that have a meaning, Like the bear hat which shows a powerful player and will not run away from death but will look at it in the eye and laugh, I have made hats like the loin hat which shows royalty and power, the lion would be closely associated with the royalt the barbarians have, And then theres the Kings Crown and I have choosen to make a wolf hat, I wanted this to be my hat because wolfs are among the most misunderstood while excellent hunters, I have made the kingdom on top of a hill with a new tile set, I tried to give it a roleplay feeling by making signs out side of the houses, so you dont have to walk up to a laggy sign and wait 2 mins for an answer, But because barbarians are a poor themed kingdom I did'nt go over the tops by adding thing that would make it look like a rich kingdom, I would love to know what everyone thinks of this idea for a kingdom, I would not like people to spam in the topic its not far on me and the others,
Thankz
-Scorpz

NeoNPL
03-01-2002, 02:48 AM
o.O

Ok cool

03-01-2002, 03:14 AM
I like the Barbarian theme, but you are doing all of the stuff that needs to be done later first, which makes you destined to fail.

psihunter
03-01-2002, 07:00 AM
nice idea best of luck to you

Gangster88
03-01-2002, 07:07 AM
sounds like a good idea

Scorpz
03-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by TDK_Admin2
I like the Barbarian theme, but you are doing all of the stuff that needs to be done later first, which makes you destined to fail.

I guess I will have to prove you wrong then, =)

03-01-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Scorpz

I guess I will have to prove you wrong then, =) oh yeah, I will have to kill you if you add the lion hat AND the wolf hat. those 2 animals should never meet.

Scorpz
03-01-2002, 11:05 PM
I will welcome you to my profile, You will be one of the 800 people I killed, =), Oh yeah when you have a dead animal on your head they cannot "meet" each other.

03-02-2002, 03:25 AM
I will welcome you to my profile, You will be one of the 800 people I killed, =), Oh yeah when you have a dead animal on your head they cannot "meet" each other. Wolves come from northern areas, Lions are from southern areas. plus wouldnt a Lion represent royalty?

NeoNPL
03-02-2002, 04:10 AM
Wolves come from northern areas, Lions are from southern areas. plus wouldnt a Lion represent royalty?

WHO would risk putting a lion on thier head in the first place?

03-02-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by NeoNPL

WHO would risk putting a lion on thier head in the first place? Hercules had one.

Scorpz
03-02-2002, 02:57 PM
I have made hats like the lion hat which shows royalty and power

=P, Ok, Why do people wear the dragon hat? And a dead animal on someones head cannot hurt you, Barbarians would always hunt for their food, They would leave the head and use it for a helmet, Aztec even use animals as helmets because they though once they wore one they though they were the animal and would start to act like it in wars. =P I didnt post this to give you a history lesson...

Gangster88
03-02-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by NeoNPL

WHO would risk putting a lion on thier head in the first place?
:D

03-03-2002, 01:25 AM

=P, Ok, Why do people wear the dragon hat? And a dead animal on someones head cannot hurt you, Barbarians would always hunt for their food, They would leave the head and use it for a helmet, Aztec even use animals as helmets because they though once they wore one they though they were the animal and would start to act like it in wars. =P I didnt post this to give you a history lesson... I know that, but why would loyal soldiers have the king of the jungle on their heads, while the king has the head of a deceiving pack animal on his head.

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 03:46 AM
I dont really want a lion on my head since my player in graal does not have any thing to do with with a lion, Scorpz is like a theif and the best thing I could think of is a wolf, When I have done every hat I might change it around, Like the kings hats could be the jaguar (not the car)

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 04:44 AM
hm, I might as well show you why I want this hat on my head...

Lord-Andrew
03-03-2002, 04:53 AM
Wow. Thats cool. Hope it gets up :-D. I like the wolf hat.

Aknts
03-03-2002, 04:53 AM
Why not make it a Druid Kingdom? B/c Druids on Diablo 2 LOD wear wolf heads and all.

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 04:56 AM
Damnit, Hell yeah druids own, But I didnt want to take the idea from D2: lod, I will do some thing on the lines of that, I think I will post my bear hat to. =P

Lord-Andrew
03-03-2002, 05:05 AM
Thats pretty cool. Just make the teeth a little bigger or gone or somethin...

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 05:16 AM
Which teeth? If I do them to long you wont see his face, I tried to make it so it covers his eyes and looks evil.

03-03-2002, 08:03 AM
I think a barbarian would prefer a leather cap to an animal head.

psihunter
03-03-2002, 11:08 AM

yes normally Druids use animals as heads
Falcons/Wolfs/Tigers/Bears/Eagle

Also wolf needs more of a gray look and need to have better curves on the bear hat

03-03-2002, 01:50 PM
Pretty good, I wish you luck.

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 02:26 PM

Thats why its going to be a druids kingdom,

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by psihunter

yes normally Druids use animals as heads
Falcons/Wolfs/Tigers/Bears/Eagle

Also wolf needs more of a gray look and need to have better curves on the bear hat

What do you mean by better curves? I might make the wolf gray but I picked them colours from a real wolf pic.

Frolic_GP1
03-03-2002, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone

Bird2prey
03-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Hercules had one.

Hercules was a son of a... God.

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 04:38 PM
Yes...we know

Bird2prey
03-03-2002, 04:47 PM
Yes...we know
:o :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :p ;) :(

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 05:00 PM
heheh =)

Kohojogo
03-03-2002, 05:16 PM
The wolf hat is very nice, but try make more hair at it. It look like it's a nagen wolf head =/

Scorpz
03-03-2002, 11:31 PM
I will carry on with the hats when I have done the kingdom,

Andy0687
03-06-2002, 12:52 AM
I know that, but why would loyal soldiers have the king of the jungle on their heads, while the king has the head of a deceiving pack animal on his head.

Ok, i havent read the rest of this thread yet so i dunno if anyone else has said anything, but the lion ISNT the king of the jungle because lions dont live anywhere near jungles...havent you ever watched one of the countless BBC documentaries on lions? :D
They live in grasslands...and wolves kick ass....theyre cunning, and sly, and agile, and clever at the same time simplified(plus theyre not dogs, and i hate dogs o_O)...terry pratchett gives a good view of wolves in "Men at arms" :D

Scorpz
03-06-2002, 12:54 AM
Andy welcome to my buddy list

03-06-2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Andy0687

Ok, i havent read the rest of this thread yet so i dunno if anyone else has said anything, but the lion ISNT the king of the jungle because lions dont live anywhere near jungles...havent you ever watched one of the countless BBC documentaries on lions? :D
They live in grasslands...and wolves kick ass....theyre cunning, and sly, and agile, and clever at the same time simplified(plus theyre not dogs, and i hate dogs o_O)...terry pratchett gives a good view of wolves in "Men at arms" :D WOLVES ARE DOGS.

Scorpz
03-06-2002, 05:22 AM
TDK do you think my kingdom has a chance now, I am not one of them people who just give up, If no one likes it then on one likes it I can only do better, But I dont need to be told I will fail when youdidnt even see the things I have made.

03-06-2002, 05:49 AM
if we have an orc kingdom coming, isnt a Barbarian kingdom pretty much the same theme?

Scorpz
03-06-2002, 05:54 AM
if we have an orc kingdom coming, isnt a Barbarian kingdom pretty much the same theme?

Its not going to be barbarian, Its druid, They are so much my different to any guild in graal, Druids would get a animal and on a full moon they would put a 13 inch wooden knife throgh the animal, And then add 13 objects in side the dead animal, They where peopl who had a higher IQ then others, Theres more but just cannot be arsed to type every thing.