PDA

View Full Version : Map Making for you who dont know how...

cell424
05-09-2001, 08:35 AM
IF you dont know how to make a map well here is what you do, make the bugmap.txt, then put it in your levels folder. Then you push M, and when it is done save it as PlayerWorldnamemap.png and then open up osmething like Polyview,Ulead and or any really good Picture editor and just make it a 16 Bit Picture of PNG or gif..and their you will have it a map!!

Lion'el-Jonson
05-09-2001, 08:43 AM
No understand

Fai
05-09-2001, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by cell424
IF you dont know how to make a map well here is what you do, make the bugmap.txt, then put it in your levels folder. Then you push M, and when it is done save it as PlayerWorldnamemap.png and then open up osmething like Polyview,Ulead and or any really good Picture editor and just make it a 16 Bit Picture of PNG or gif..and their you will have it a map!!

*If
*bigmap.txt
*something
*Polyview, Ulead
*or
*there
*no it

BanditDo
05-09-2001, 11:11 AM
Eesh... ya lost me there fai......... dont ya just make a bigmap.txt of yer world and press M???

BTW, HI GABRIEL!!!!! Guess who =P (h ght j㤻 )

Cyboars
05-09-2001, 03:45 PM
*L* What goes in bigmap.txt?

Yes, I'm a ***** --Its 1:42 AM!!!

Thak2
05-09-2001, 08:18 PM
Thanks Fai and cell424 for the explanation.

fugitive316
05-10-2001, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by cell424

I make maps by opening one of my levels, and hitting "m".

Lomgren
05-10-2001, 04:50 AM
You first need to edit your bigmap.txt (of course, save the original!) to include only the levels you want in it, in the locations you want. Then press M while in the level editor, and it should make a map based upon the current bigmap.txt. The file generated is a 24bit PNG, which graal cannot read, so you have to use a good picture/graphics editor (i.e., NOT MS Paint) to save it as a different file (a gif or some other type) with a lower resolution (8bit I know works, I am not sure about 16bit). Then, if you must have a PNG map graphic, you can use the gif2mng program to convert a gif to an 8bit PNG (which graal can read).

Does that help? Or does that "muddy the waters" even more?

Lion'el-Jonson
05-10-2001, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by BanditDo
Eesh... ya lost me there fai......... dont ya just make a bigmap.txt of yer world and press M???

BTW, HI GABRIEL!!!!! Guess who =P (h ght j㤻 )

:D HAI

Cyboars
05-10-2001, 08:15 AM
not much help

Cyboars
05-10-2001, 08:22 AM
heh, will some one map my house?*L* I ended up with 1 green block and 5 black blocks and no map..heh