PDA

View Full Version : Hiding NPCs

nyghtGT
02-20-2002, 05:55 PM
Well a lot of people with FTP on servers know its a pain to find NPCs hidden in levels sometimes seeing as people can use tiny gifs ... But to help this out you can always save levels as .nw format and look in that for scripts ... I know most people may allready know this but for those who don't, they will appreciate it, i hope ...

neomaximus2k
02-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by nyghtGT
Well a lot of people with FTP on servers know its a pain to find NPCs hidden in levels sometimes seeing as people can use tiny gifs ... But to help this out you can always save levels as .nw format and look in that for scripts ... I know most people may allready know this but for those who don't, they will appreciate it, i hope ...

OR play the level and press F6 and that way you can see all the scripts within that lvl, and also the swcripting.

Then you got to try and find it :'(

Spanko
02-20-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by neomaximus2k

OR play the level and press F6 and that way you can see all the scripts within that lvl, and also the swcripting.

Then you got to try and find it :'( Yes, unfortunately if the NPC is intelligent enough to delete itself when you're not online it would still be reasonably hard to find.
So as Nyght said checking the .nw level format in a text editor is one of the few really effective ways of dealing with it.

lordhelmut
02-21-2002, 03:41 AM
I dont understand what you mean?

zell12
02-21-2002, 06:37 AM
He means that in levels people sumit, they sometimes make tiny .gifs with special scripts to give them certian weapons or status... He just asking for a better way to look for thses scripts I think...

neomaximus2k
02-21-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by zell12
He means that in levels people sumit, they sometimes make tiny .gifs with special scripts to give them certian weapons or status... He just asking for a better way to look for thses scripts I think...

Yes that he is, again the F6 command displays the NPC's for to manually check, if there is an NPC that is illegal THEN if you load up a text editor (Notepad is normally one of the best) and load up the lvevl name, using a combanation of these two techniques will enable you to find and delete illegal NPC's

There is no other time effective way of checking for illeal NPC's not unless you code your own program and state what is illegal.

Perhaps one of the people on the board who is good at coding a programming language could make one, or perhaps i could create an online version some time

nyghtGT
02-22-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by neomaximus2k

Yes that he is, again the F6 command displays the NPC's for to manually check, if there is an NPC that is illegal THEN if you load up a text editor (Notepad is normally one of the best) and load up the lvevl name, using a combanation of these two techniques will enable you to find and delete illegal NPC's

There is no other time effective way of checking for illeal NPC's not unless you code your own program and state what is illegal.

Perhaps one of the people on the board who is good at coding a programming language could make one, or perhaps i could create an online version some time
yes sorry, i forgot to say about how you view the '.nw' files in notepad or another word program and you can see every NPC in the level ...

zell12
02-22-2002, 11:55 PM
I never knew that XD
Well, we learn something new everyday i gues eh?
Like, I just learned if you are on a staff account, and you open th map, and whever you click on the map, you will warp there ;)

nyghtGT
03-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by zell12
I never knew that XD
Well, we learn something new everyday i gues eh?
Like, I just learned if you are on a staff account, and you open th map, and whever you click on the map, you will warp there ;)
you gotta hold ctrl and right click ...

ArchOwl
03-01-2002, 04:56 PM
um its called moving npcs all the way to the right and then making the level completely connected, towhere you can move it off the screen as an npc, then turn the npc to no-shield.gif and bam

amonrabr
03-02-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by nyghtGT

Sometimes u can see it using note pad (There is a x an y position of the npc)
or you can try to see if the scripter used some Transparent image, so its just replace the image (putting a new one with the same name in the folder where it is)
If u said that it "destroy" when u are not online, so the scripter used "if (!playerisonline) destroy;" So u can use some program the change something running in ur machine, I dont remeber the name, but there is a good one with the c++, or the GT (Graal Trainer).. to change something.

nyghtGT
03-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by amonrabr

Sometimes u can see it using note pad (There is a x an y position of the npc)
or you can try to see if the scripter used some Transparent image, so its just replace the image (putting a new one with the same name in the folder where it is)
If u said that it "destroy" when u are not online, so the scripter used "if (!playerisonline) destroy;" So u can use some program the change something running in ur machine, I dont remeber the name, but there is a good one with the c++, or the GT (Graal Trainer).. to change something.
that is what i meant ...
you could do scripts like:

// NPC made by Superlietagthja
if (created) {
setimgpart crap.gif,1,1,1,1;
}

Lomgren
03-04-2002, 03:26 AM
it doen't have to be .nw, it doesn't even have to be .graal, since 2k2 came out graal levels can be .whateveryouwant and as long as the level was saved with a new version, it can be opened with notepad (even old ones just saved again, well I think...)