PDA

View Full Version : Death (RP Style)

Andor_Admin1
02-15-2002, 10:48 PM
I have an idea for RP Style death. When you are killed in an "RP Area" and are wearing your kingdom/troupe tag, you go to the "underworld" or so until a minister from your kingdom uses an age old spell to revive you and bring you back. It sounds much better than simply dying and respawning, no?

Faheria_LAT1
02-15-2002, 11:14 PM
It has already been made on G2K1, RP Zones. :p

Birdbird_0
02-16-2002, 12:09 AM
yeah but it has conflicts with heart coutns and bomys ;x

TrueHeaT
02-16-2002, 12:20 AM
No, then any RP character could just come back from the stupid underworld thing and blah blah something something

AlexH
02-16-2002, 12:43 AM
This has been discussed before.
My favourite idea about it was when they die they are warped to some other level and they wait there untill the RP war is over.
Then they are all warped back to unstick me house.

Andor_Admin1
02-16-2002, 02:31 AM
You wouldn't just automatically come back, the clerics/mages of your kingdom would have to cast a reincarnation spell of some sort, which takes a concentrated effort and quite a bit of MP or so.
I don't see why it would conflict with bomies, please elaborate.

**EDIT** Also it could be made the the spell doesn't always work, which would make for an even better RP environment.

WHIPENIE4
02-16-2002, 03:05 AM
I like the idea, would be it so that you need more than 1 person to do it to combine their mp together maybe?

02-16-2002, 03:15 AM
Karakaze aint got no high moral people or any magicians :(

Scorpz
02-16-2002, 04:02 AM
I like the idea...but half of the people in kingdoms dont roleplay and are just people who beg to join. And more people will try to join a kingdom because of this. You could have a rank that could bring to dead back to life, I am trying to think what they could be...

Andor_Admin1
02-16-2002, 06:39 AM
Necromancer?
And it may be a good idea to have more than 1 person do it, like at a special ceremony that the whole kingdom attends or so.

Bird2prey
02-16-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Scorpz
I like the idea...but half of the people in kingdoms dont roleplay and are just people who beg to join. And more people will try to join a kingdom because of this. You could have a rank that could bring to dead back to life, I am trying to think what they could be...

Well, I'm afraid i'll have to steal the glory by being the only undead wraith on graal.

Scorpz
02-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Andor_Admin1
Necromancer?
And it may be a good idea to have more than 1 person do it, like at a special ceremony that the whole kingdom attends or so.

Its a shame a necromancer someone that brings evil things back to life, How about a priest, Then graal will have more things to roleplay about, You wont just be a fighter and roleplaying about how you can kill anything, But you could roleplay as a priest and make people follow your kingdom also heal their wounds, A bit like the game AOE.

Bird2prey
02-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Scorpz

Its a shame a necromancer someone that brings evil things back to life, How about a priest, Then graal will have more things to roleplay about, You wont just be a fighter and roleplaying about how you can kill anything, But you could roleplay as a priest and make people follow your kingdom also heal their wounds, A bit like the game AOE.

It's people like you that give necromancers a bad repuation. Since necromany deals with death, people assume this is "evil." This is not the case. Sure, it involves killing, but it involves live-bringing just as much. There is such a thing as a "good" necromancer you know.

Googi
02-17-2002, 01:42 AM
I like the one we already have (die in a zormite castle area to see it)

02-17-2002, 02:15 AM
how about we have a hospital you go to?

Scorpz
02-17-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Bird2prey

It's people like you that give necromancers a bad repuation. Since necromany deals with death, people assume this is "evil." This is not the case. Sure, it involves killing, but it involves live-bringing just as much. There is such a thing as a "good" necromancer you know.

Put the gun down...